Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
zareef
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by zareef »

Protocol X27 wrote:
zareef wrote:Would anyone be so kind and tell me where to find "blp converter" (for Xbox 360 not PC) ?
I can't find it.. and searching the forum doesn't help..
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6392&start=1215

One of the last posts.
Wow
Thank you so much :keke:
MarieRose1301 wrote:Has anyone updated the x360 archivarius dat?
For some reason,it decrypted only Lisa,Christie and Tina to me :/
It is in the attachments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MarieRose1301
veteran

Post by MarieRose1301 »

zareef wrote:
MarieRose1301 wrote:Has anyone updated the x360 archivarius dat?
For some reason,it decrypted only Lisa,Christie and Tina to me :/
It is in the attachments.
Oh thank you so much :3
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

SkacikPL wrote:
sf234 wrote:Also i have another question about DLC tool.
I've been tinkering about face/hair options. Indexes from 0-9 work fine, but after that the DLC tool only accepts inputs like 23, 34, 45 and so on.
I don't quite get the logic behind this index and i'm just trying blindly, also using indexes above 100 will load actual head meshes for hair.
You can refer to this post (which defines BCM character's entries): viewtopic.php?p=100749#p100749
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

@sf234
What's your next project? If you aren't in the middle of a big one any chance you convert the object rotater that b0ny made... OR if you ran across the information with the Noesis plugin update, clarify if PC models still have the object rotation matrix issue? Ayane_DLCU_004 & COS_002 (and others) had issues in the 360 version, and the 3dsmax script was never adjusted to fix the rotation so the app fixed the matrix itself.

If the PC models are still the same just with endian differences, I could probably write and updater based on the 360 model. Presently, I'm about halfway done with a script that will dump the 'mesh_data' meta, but with index values too this time. Need to wrap that up first.

Edit:
Just for kicks, proof of mesh adjustment working. Using 360 to PC comparison method.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u37 ... 50rdkg.jpg
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

nfm
advanced

Post by nfm »

Darko wrote:Happy fap time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XpUz0CuXPQ

8D 8D
cool

I like this rendering a lot of kasumi!!! :] : (by Frost_47 on Steam)

one more:

(sorry for offtopic distraction, I'm new to this thread)
NebulaUK
n00b

Post by NebulaUK »

How far are we away from being able to convert PC models to Xbox 360 models
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

@Darko, Nice, looks like it converted well! XD

NebulaUK wrote:How far are we away from being able to convert PC models to Xbox 360 models
Depends on how much progress you've made so far. I think we're running out of polite ways to say this... "Probably not going to happen for a while" Since 360 is receiving less support there is little incentive to continue support in terms of modding it beyond using it for reference. I may not be speaking for everyone, but PC is the main focus right now, primarily because
1) it's more supported by TN than last gen.
2) it's an open environment and is likely to draw in more modding support.

Someone may be kind enough to grant your request, but there are a few 360 tools that are being converted for PC format. That alone takes time. There is little reason to work the opposite direction because there is a significant difference between 360 & PC files. So if you REALLY want to see it happen, there is no way around having to roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, and start learning the file structure. The knowledgeable portion of this community is small and has only made advances because of sharing knowledge an people putting time in based on the skills they have or have learned along the way.

Aight, data dumper done. Won't have anything new for a few days, but I'm leaning toward working on Chop Shop features next, probably HieLay & BnOfMtx patcher first, then finally the vertex weight/bone subbing. Any suggestions to the contrary as far as priority, or any other low level things we need?
NebulaUK
n00b

Post by NebulaUK »

No need to be rude I know it's more difficult and I appreciate what you are saying I just figured that since 360 models can be converted to PC perhaps the knowledge that you clever guys have learned may make it easier. If you look on the 360ISO site there was loads of interest in this and they succeeded in making mods for it though they refused to share them.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

NebulaUK wrote:No need to be rude I know it's more difficult and I appreciate what you are saying I just figured that since 360 models can be converted to PC perhaps the knowledge that you clever guys have learned may make it easier. If you look on the 360ISO site there was loads of interest in this and they succeeded in making mods for it though they refused to share them.
I'm not trying to be rude, not my intent. My manner is just to the point. Stuff will happen faster with more people helping than requesting. Modding is complex and does not happen overnight. Not everything gets shared all the time because it may be to prevent additional exposure to the wrong parties, or because stuff is so advanced that it would only be more confusing to the novice. From what I've observed elsewhere there is a seriously skewed ratio of people wanting certain things to people putting in time to get it done. The more people that help, the more ideas flow, more work gets done, the more the community benefits.
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

@NebulaUK
Works in here are not getting done by a few clever guys' simple tricks.
Lots of peoples are doing lots of research and lots of labors for their common interests.
This forum is not working for you. Please remember that.
SleepySea
n00b

Post by SleepySea »

I have been silently following this thread for a few days now, and what you guys have been doing is very fascinating.

I am completely new to the game modding scene, but I have roughly been able to follow the general discussion and have understanding of various discussion topics such as Endianness and so on.

I think the biggest obstacle for me is that I have little experience in 3D modeling (maybe I shouldn't even be here in the first place), and have little idea what makes up a model object. I can open up a file in hex editor to see all the binaries, but to get my foot in the door, I need to know what I should be looking for instead of shooting in the dark.

How does one go about figuring out what goes into a 3D model and what data structure is normally used to hold the information (in regards to byte sizes)?

Any advice to help me get started would be much appreciated. I am eager to learn, but I understand I am too late to the game, and this is probably not the best place for a novice like me to ask such questions.

In any case, I have been learning a lot just by reading this discussion and I hope you guys will find success soon.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

SleepySea wrote:I have been silently following this thread for a few days now, and what you guys have been doing is very fascinating.

I am completely new to the game modding scene, but I have roughly been able to follow the general discussion and have understanding of various discussion topics such as Endianness and so on.

I think the biggest obstacle for me is that I have little experience in 3D modeling (maybe I shouldn't even be here in the first place), and have little idea what makes up a model object. I can open up a file in hex editor to see all the binaries, but to get my foot in the door, I need to know what I should be looking for instead of shooting in the dark.

How does one go about figuring out what goes into a 3D model and what data structure is normally used to hold the information (in regards to byte sizes)?

Any advice to help me get started would be much appreciated. I am eager to learn, but I understand I am too late to the game, and this is probably not the best place for a novice like me to ask such questions.

In any case, I have been learning a lot just by reading this discussion and I hope you guys will find success soon.
Actually, this is a great place to ask, and that's the right mentality to have. :) Everyone has started with limited knowledge and worked up somehow. There are still plenty of unknowns, but there is still enough shared knowledge to do some really cool things here.

The best place to start is really just getting the feel for the workflow. Starting with mario's vertex editing youtube vid is a good starting point. For now most resources still pertain to Xbox 360, but at least learning the files helps with knowledge of how PC files work.

You can also, start with Archivarious to learn how to extract models, use Noesis to view them, and then start with various things like changing textures, or even play with the hex to toggle items. I know more tutorials are starting to pop up.

A lot of advanced mods involve working vertices, indices, injection and mesh swapping, but it's all doable with time. Trial and error is a good way to learn, and when you get stuck on a specific issue feel free to ask. That seems to be a good way to get people moving without dumping a gigantic amount overwhelming information. :)

To answer your specific questions, you don't have to know that much about 3D models to work on 360 stuff, just for manual edits. Start with the basics, and then more discussion can come up regarding more advanced stuff.
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

NebulaUK wrote:No need to be rude I know it's more difficult and I appreciate what you are saying I just figured that since 360 models can be converted to PC perhaps the knowledge that you clever guys have learned may make it easier. If you look on the 360ISO site there was loads of interest in this and they succeeded in making mods for it though they refused to share them.
Yea those people where us lol
and we refuse because people like you. :P
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Protocol X27 wrote:@sf234
What's your next project? If you aren't in the middle of a big one any chance you convert the object rotater that b0ny made... OR if you ran across the information with the Noesis plugin update, clarify if PC models still have the object rotation matrix issue? Ayane_DLCU_004 & COS_002 (and others) had issues in the 360 version, and the 3dsmax script was never adjusted to fix the rotation so the app fixed the matrix itself.
Currently I'm moving my stuff to C#/.NET 4.0, also there is idea to create app for tmc tinkering (e.g. disable reference to particular mesh group or set transparency flag for material). As for object rotater - I never got my hands on the original script. As far as I understand it fixes issues with TMC Praser injection functionality? Then, since there is still no max script for PC, there is no way to test it? Anyway it seems this question is more related to mariokart64n since he is the author of TMC Praser.