Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Need for Speed World Car Models (.BIN)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Mike Oxmaul
n00b

Need for Speed World Car Models (.BIN)

Post by Mike Oxmaul »

Hi all. I need help with the importing models from NFS World. I'd tried to open the geometry.bin or textures.bin file with all tools compatible with another NFS with this game engine, but I see only "APPCRASH" or "Error while opening" etc.
I compared the geometry file from NFS World and a from NFS Undercover, and found that their structure is very similar. Almost the same general structure, written in almost identical principle headers, same compression algorithms... But... ZModeler2 was crashed while I try to import the model. I'd tried the ZModeler 2.1.0, and the model was partly imported. Materials list, meshes list - these was imported. But each mesh have a polycount equals 0. Next. I'd tried to open the textures.bin file with latest version of NFS-TexEd (0.9.1). This tool have successfully readed a total number of textures and texture archive size, but after a few seconds the program provided a critical error and closes.
Some time later, I found a tools (and their source codes) that are designed to decompress the game archives. But this tools works incorrectly with this game.
Some information about compression algorithms, founded by me or a from the web:
All game archives contains the data blocks, which are compressed with algorithms HUFF or JDLZ. Each file (model, texture, or many other files) contains a lot of same blocks. I have the source code for tools named unhuff (simple decompressor for huff algorithm, written on assembler), unjdlz (simple decompressor for jdlz algorithm, written on c++), and jdlzpack (this tool will compress the files with jdlz algorithm, written on c++). The author of these tools - Arushan and EA Games (same codes taken from game exe), the man who wrote a lot of tools (NFS-TexEd, NFS *** ModTools etc.).
But, given that I'm not a programmer and don't know the programming language, I'm not able to compile these programs, I ask you professionals help. I don't found any tool who works fine with NFS World as this moment.

The source codes, some tools and some game files you can download here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
Maybe anybody write a maxscript, script for quickbms or tool for extract models, textures, and any data from game archives.

P.S.: Sorry for mistakes in the text, my English aren't ideal, I'll still learning it.
JONATHANTKB
beginner

Re: Need for Speed World Car Models (.BIN)

Post by JONATHANTKB »

lol need use 3d ripper

S.S.T™®
Mike Oxmaul
n00b

Post by Mike Oxmaul »

3D ripper? Lol. After Ninja Ripper I can't successfully import the scene into 3dsmax. I don't know right values of UV.
JONATHANTKB
beginner

Post by JONATHANTKB »

only now can rip in 3d ripper dx but need only 32bits system and stat 3d ripper in global monitoring