Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Vashey
advanced

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Vashey »

I'll ask again, don't mean to bother I'm trying to follow up the development.
I've read archivarius script, are you planning to import models through dlc files? is this the idea?
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

@Vashey
More than that we need to kill the checksum first to get into game.exe.
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam ... 1428452534
I envy PS4 skin expression and KT brought PS4 screenshots for steam DLC information? noway.. I can recognize it.

Anyway, I remember there was SSS setting in MtrCol settings.
I hope I can change something in there.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Noesis plugin for PC (original script, I believe, was created by chrrox and modified by b0ny). Gives random errors here and there.
viewtopic.php?p=105190#p105190
Last edited by sf234 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

We can't stop mighty sf234.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Vashey wrote:I'll ask again, don't mean to bother I'm trying to follow up the development.
I've read archivarius script, are you planning to import models through dlc files? is this the idea?
Sorry, I missed a reply in my last post.

As Ros mentioned, until the check sum is resolved, using DLC containers is the only approach. It means creating a DLC 'shell' and placing costumes into it. They can be any type of costume they will just show up in their own slot instead of overriding an existing one.

Archivarius exists to read game data and extract costume (or other) containers.

Holy @#$@#@# sf234, Amazing progress, you're turning into a rock star!

With Noesis done that only leaves the TMC Praser(3dsmax), Texture injector(py) and Object Rotater(py, unless praser gets updated)

... and my translation stuff which I'm moving out of .NET XD
Baal
n00b

Post by Baal »

Awesome work sf234 !
This shit is going at lightning speed. I made a bet that we could mod the outfit to our heart content in a week, but I did not expected to be right XD

@ProtocolX27 look forward to your translation tool haha ^^
synce
n00b

Post by synce »

Protocol X27 wrote:
Vashey wrote:I'll ask again, don't mean to bother I'm trying to follow up the development.
Sorry, I missed a reply in my last post.

As Ros mentioned, until the check sum is resolved, using DLC containers is the only approach. It means creating a DLC 'shell' and placing costumes into it. They can be any type of costume they will just show up in their own slot instead of overriding an existing one.

Archivarius exists to read game data and extract costume (or other) containers.

Holy @#$@#@# sf234, Amazing progress, you're turning into a rock star!

With Noesis done that only leaves the TMC Praser(3dsmax), Texture injector(py) and Object Rotater(py, unless praser gets updated)

... and my translation stuff which I'm moving out of .NET XD
Just curious when you say costume do you mean texture edits or can you soon import an entire character into the game? (ex from Ninja Gaiden)
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

Character modelings from Ninja Gaiden have different file structure and cannot be imported to DOA5 PC version I guess.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

I just quickly wrote this on monday in maxscript, it unpacks the TMC into its block components

http://pastebin.com/SCbaaFQZ

I need to write in the rebuild function, but eventually will be the basis for a second script..
which will assemble a new MDL component block with new idx and vtx buffers. then its easy, we can can then examine the other less important blocks later down the road.

at one point when i was working on the console versions I had nulled a bunch of block components, only a few of them were critical to the model loading. the rest where related to physics, materials, emissions, sweat, etc.. but didnt have to be present to load the model.
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

synce wrote:Just curious when you say costume do you mean texture edits or can you soon import an entire character into the game? (ex from Ninja Gaiden)
Rosalin wrote:Character modelings from Ninja Gaiden have different file structure and cannot be imported to DOA5 PC version I guess.
Well if a 'costume' container has face/body/hair all included it is conceivably possible as in NG3 characters. It was doable on console, so after the basics of switching to PC format is done, we can focus on converting console objects to pc format. I suspect there won't be as much interest since PC is looking to have all costumes from the console, but again is possible later.
mariokart64n wrote:I just quickly wrote this on monday in maxscript, it unpacks the TMC into its block components

http://pastebin.com/SCbaaFQZ

I need to write in the rebuild function, but eventually will be the basis for a second script..
which will assemble a new MDL component block with new idx and vtx buffers. then its easy, we can can then examine the other less important blocks later down the road.

at one point when i was working on the console versions I had nulled a bunch of block components, only a few of them were critical to the model loading. the rest where related to physics, materials, emissions, sweat, etc.. but didnt have to be present to load the model.
Awesome!! :D

Since you are revisiting this, will you be able to address the 20 ObjGeo cap in the original? I think dloman made a workaround the last time since there were the occasional costume that went into 40-60 objects within the ObjGeo. Also, b0ny had figured out how to fix the rotation matrix, so that everything imported properly on all axes. If you're able to do this it would reduce having to use a second app prior to importing. :D Of course, if already working on this never mind. XD I don't understand the struct and geometry code well enough to help, but if you don't have those scripts I can post them.
Vashey
advanced

Post by Vashey »

Rosalin wrote:@Vashey
More than that we need to kill the checksum first to get into game.exe.
Protocol X27 wrote:As Ros mentioned, until the check sum is resolved, using DLC containers is the only approach. It means creating a DLC 'shell' and placing costumes into it. They can be any type of costume they will just show up in their own slot instead of overriding an existing one.
Thank you, that makes sense now.
That looks like a better idea than getting through game.exe, why would you bother do this when you can simply treat your custom model as a dlc file that adds a slot? or is there something I missed?

edit: I just realized you can't use dlc on a steam copy.
Protocol X27 wrote:I suspect there won't be as much interest since PC is looking to have all costumes from the console, but again is possible later.
PC already has all the costumes now, those who don't want to buy the dlc (which is understandable) simply bought them from somewhere else than steam :ninja:
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Vashey wrote: Thank you, that makes sense now.
That looks like a better idea than getting through game.exe, why would you bother do this when you can simply treat your custom model as a dlc file that adds a slot? or is there something I missed?

edit: I just realized you can't use dlc on a steam copy.

PC already has all the costumes now, those who don't want to buy the dlc (which is understandable) simply bought them from somewhere else than steam :ninja:
The only 'known' potential issue is that there are limits on costume DLC slots. If someone has all DLC and wants to use custom slots too, the game.exe or something will need to be updated. Plus DLC only works for costumes, people may want to edit sound, stages and others stuff as well.
SkacikPL
advanced

Post by SkacikPL »

Protocol X27 wrote:Plus DLC only works for costumes, people may want to edit sound, stages and others stuff as well.
So nobody ever figured out how to repack original content?
I mean, fixing textures alone is a pain to do via uMod.
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

SkacikPL wrote:So nobody ever figured out how to repack original content?
I mean, fixing textures alone is a pain to do via uMod.
It's been already mentioned in this thread several times.
You didn't catch it.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

i'm still not even sure how we repack the DLC files?

can someone give a quick run through of how I can unpack the DLC, replace a costume with a NEW costumes from the DATA folder. then repack it into my DLC.
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account