Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

PS3 .pam video files

Need help in demystifying video formats of your favourite game? Go here.
bekar
ultra-n00b

Re: PS3 .pam video files

Post by bekar »

cra0 wrote:The pam video player works wonderfully no need to extract or edit anything.
plaeas link to download
jackskellinghog
beginner

Post by jackskellinghog »

Could someone pm me the download link for the ps3 pam viewer/re-encoder please [bruce]
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

You might be able to find something in this thread that'll help with that.
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=33779
mysis
n00b

Post by mysis »

Hi,

just recently i am able to convert .pam -> .mp4, any ps3 pam no matter its audio codec.

its possible because the ps3 sdk has code for a transcoder which basically is a sample for converting ps3 supported movie files on ps3 via ps3.

i had to modify the code a little bit, but successfully converted the Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Opening and without quality loss (quality can be changed too)

Cant make the self file public because its 99% sony code but its inside sdk so everyone who got a hold of it can compile it himself and run it on his ps3.
:)
PS3 DevWiki : http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Main_Page
Irc Channel : [url]irc://efnet/ps3dev[/url]

Visit my Blog: http://syscallm.blogspot.de/
Researchman
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Researchman »

Cant make the self file public because its 99% sony code but its inside sdk so everyone who got a hold of it can compile it himself and run it on his ps3.
Thanks for info, but it will be useful for coders and other who understand coding and programming.

But if possible to get your converter for personal use only through PM, its will be fine.
akramserry
ultra-n00b

Post by akramserry »

can someone please send me download link for the ps3 pam viewer and composer
or tell me how to rencode pam files
also if there is a bik remuxer it would be wonderfull
thanks in advance
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

akramserry wrote:can someone please send me download link for the ps3 pam viewer and composer
The only way is t use Sony's legit software PAMF Tools and that in this forum is a big NO NO, highly illegal, plus Google will provide all the link you need once you search for it.
As for bik, there is VGMToolbox de-muxer, and also you need to use RADTools for encoding, but as for re-muxing back to bik, not sure one even exists.
arsijin
ultra-n00b

Post by arsijin »

Hello everybody! I have a problem with extracting video and audio files from pam video files, usually it works fine with vgmtoolbox, but its showing that it doesnt have a header. Pam files are from Street Fighter 4 Vanilla Version which came out in 2008, I have uploaded a bunch of them here:
https://mega.nz/folder/1jBwQT5I#6shT7sqoAZrVmKNmDL8b2g
I want to extract them after mux them with MKV muxer to be able to play them at highest possible bitrate, which is about 20mbps (don't want to convert video files, cuz it will lose some quality).
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

arsijin wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:32 pm...I have a problem with extracting video and audio files from pam video files... ...but its showing that it doesnt have a header...
That's because those files are fully encrypted .SDAT videos, made with Sony's PAMF proprietary encoder then encrypted, they are Sony digital retail PKG files, not disc, you'll have to decrypt them back to .DAT first, using the .RAP key of the PKG, then you'll be able to demux them using vgmtoolbox, i tested couple of your samples and they demux and play just fine ;)
arsijin
ultra-n00b

Post by arsijin »

thx mono24, I really appreciate the reply and I'm so happy that they are demuxable, the thing is I'm a noob around here, is there any way that you can teach me or help me about it? cuz to me these things are very new)) I would really appreciate it :keke:
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

arsijin wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:34 am...is there any way that you can teach me or help me about it?...
I have no clue what/how/where you got your PKG, but you should be able to decrypt the files using TrueAncestor EDAT Rebuilder in order to demux everything using the PKGs RAP decryption key.
Once you'll get tool mentioned you'll see folders in which to place the required files, before running the executable.
Your encrypted files should be named .SDAT, placed in the appropriate folder, the same for the RAP key, then you'll get decrypted .DAT files which then you can demux.
arsijin
ultra-n00b

Post by arsijin »

mono24 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:26 am
arsijin wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:34 am...is there any way that you can teach me or help me about it?...
I have no clue what/how/where you got your PKG, but you should be able to decrypt the files using TrueAncestor EDAT Rebuilder in order to demux everything using the PKGs RAP decryption key.
Once you'll get tool mentioned you'll see folders in which to place the required files, before running the executable.
Your encrypted files should be named .SDAT, placed in the appropriate folder, the same for the RAP key, then you'll get decrypted .DAT files which then you can demux.
Thx again for the reply, I got the tool TrueAncestor EDAT Rebuilder, I've renamed my Pam files to sdat and put them in sdat folder, chose to decrypt sdat files, then the tool located sdat renamed files, I chose to decrypt all sdat files and it didn't work, certainly I'm doing something wrong, plz educate me furhter :(

and I diidnt get about
PKGs RAP decryption key
Rap key
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

arsijin wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:44 amand I diidnt get about
PKGs RAP decryption key
Rap key
You forgot to put the RAP key in the raps folder, from where ever you got the PKG you must download the retail RAP key as well, with out it you will never be able to decrypt anything as its specific to that PKG and its assets.
arsijin
ultra-n00b

Post by arsijin »

mono24 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:05 pm i tested couple of your samples and they demux and play just fine ;)
sorry, I've got that pkg long time ago, and it seems I will never find it or make it, is there any way that you could help me? :oops:
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

arsijin wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:26 pm...is there any way that you could help me? :oops:
Then you'll need to get the key yourself using psnstuff v03.07.09 by slimshady451, and its database.
If you google it, mediafire links are still available for both of them.

edit: ...
Last edited by mono24 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.