Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Far Cry 3|4

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Szkaradek123
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Far Cry 3|4

Post by Szkaradek123 »

About ~19000 files from ...data_win32\worlds\fcc_main\fcc_main_unpack\__UNKNOWN\gfx for Far Cry 4:

xbg file: each file have skeleton inside - for file name can use first bone name
xbt file: for some files can use file path inside

Here is a script for parsing all files from directory ..data_win32\worlds\fcc_main\fcc_main_unpack\__UNKNOWN\gfx
It creates new file types:
- *.mesh with name of first bone - for xbg file . It is xbg file but has only new name. File inside has no change.
- *.mat - from bin files - it can use to get texture path for material name from file with model
- *_norm.dds - for normal and bump maps
- *.dds - for others maps

How to use:
1. instal Blender 249 and Python 266
2. double click Blender249.blend
3. in Blender Text Window press alt+p and select any file from ...data_win32\worlds\fcc_main\fcc_main_unpack\__UNKNOWN\gfx and wait.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

TheDude wrote:I don't know how I managed to leave this out of the list, but the model of Min's face with his eyebrows is 9C44E182FDE38402.xbg.

Also grepWin is what I use to find specific models. http://stefanstools.sourceforge.net/grepWin.html
..just throwing that out there
Great, thanks! :)
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

That's some nice work Szkaradek!

medwed
advanced

Post by medwed »

Hi. There is someone in possession of the 3d model mg-42 ? THX Image
infixxx
ultra-n00b

Post by infixxx »

TheDude wrote:Update: viewtopic.php?p=101460#p101460

• Removed NumPy from the Maya importer - should improve compatibility
• Added rough support for Far Cry 2 and Avatar (FC2 still needs some work)
• Made a WIP importer for Softimage (no materials yet)
• Sat in a deck chair in my underwear in front of a black velvet painting of a sad crying clown in an iron lung and laughed hysterically for 10 minutes
• Made a WIP importer for Blender 2.73
• Kicked some Geese in the face
• Made a WIP importer for Lightwave
• Made a WIP importer for Noesis
• Made a very rough importer for Houdini (just imports a singe object, not too useful yet)

Maya is still the best of the lot, but Softimage is close behind.
I'll work on this junk again sometime in January.
Привет всем! А кто импортировал анимацию из данной игры в Maya?
Last edited by infixxx on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
steropas
ultra-n00b

Post by steropas »

Hello i just wanted to ask if anyone is able to make a mod in fc3 where it adds a wrist watch and slightly longer sleeves like the E3 version of the game,although if no one can do it could someone point me in the right direction please?
lukamas
ultra-n00b

Post by lukamas »

so you can import animations into maya from far cry 4 and 3, you can do that with this maya script?
infixxx
ultra-n00b

Post by infixxx »

TheDude wrote:Update: viewtopic.php?p=101460#p101460

• Removed NumPy from the Maya importer - should improve compatibility
• Added rough support for Far Cry 2 and Avatar (FC2 still needs some work)
• Made a WIP importer for Softimage (no materials yet)
• Sat in a deck chair in my underwear in front of a black velvet painting of a sad crying clown in an iron lung and laughed hysterically for 10 minutes
• Made a WIP importer for Blender 2.73
• Kicked some Geese in the face
• Made a WIP importer for Lightwave
• Made a WIP importer for Noesis
• Made a very rough importer for Houdini (just imports a singe object, not too useful yet)

Maya is still the best of the lot, but Softimage is close behind.

I'll work on this junk again sometime in January.
Hello! I would like to know, is there a way that I can import animations from this game?
trexjones
veteran

Post by trexjones »

I realise this thread and the contents therein are aging fast, but with Far Cry 5 around the corner, I've been looking back at some of the older games and looking at pulling models from 4 in particular, however, when I try to run the Maya script, I get this error:

# Error: line 0: ImportError: file <maya console> line 4: No module named bitreader

Anyone able to clarify what the problem might be here? I was kinda hoping there might be a blender tool out there akin to the Far Cry Primal one, and the Max Script doesn't seem to be able to carry weights across.
bouvrie
advanced

Post by bouvrie »

I'm looking for a way to get a preview of all the 3D models used in Far Cry 4. Here's what I got so far:
  • TheDude's Blender importer script: Couldn't get it working. Here's what I did:
    Using Blender 2.78
    CTRL+ALT+U --> install from file
    Results:

Code: Select all

found bundled python: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\python
    fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: 'Blender\\2.78\\scripts\\addons\\test_Blender273.py'
    fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: 'Blender\\2.78\\scripts\\addons\\test_Blender273.py'
    Modules Installed from 'c:\\temp\\test_Blender273.py' into 'Blender\\2.78\\scripts\\addons' ()
    Yet I don't know how to enable the plugin, I think it doesn't show up in my installed plugins list. Could it be because I already have volfin's Far Cry Primal xbg importer script in there already?
  • TheDude's Maya importer script install
    to get this working:
    1. Copy the files from FarCry34.rar\Maya\Dependencies to your maya's 'site-packages' folder, i.e. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2015\Python\Lib\site-packages
    2. Extract the Maya_numpy.rar contents into C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\Python\Lib\site-packages as well.
    3. Open and run the FarCry34.rar\Maya\FC34_Maya.py in Maya from the Script Editor: Windows > General Editors > Script Editor.
  • Chipicao's 3DSMax importer plugin
    So far, I've been most pleased with Far Cry Primal 3DSMax plugin from Chipicao in 3DSMax. Seems to load the models just fine.
However, I'm actually looking for a way to get ALL FC xbg's rendered to a preview jpg and manually loading them one by one into 3DS/Maya isn't really cutting it. I was thinking Noesis would be the weapon of choice if it would allow for a preview of the xbg, but I'm getting an error with TheDude's Noesis plugin:

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Noesis Python Error
---------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Noesis\plugins\python\FC34_Noesis.py", line 580, in XBGLoadModel
    weightData = bonesWeightsWhomp(VB, majorRevision)
  File "Noesis\plugins\python\FC34_Noesis.py", line 140, in bonesWeightsWhomp
    return(weightsLOC, boneSubIDsLOC)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'weightsLOC' referenced before assignment
Would anyone know a way to fix the Noesis script? I added an assignment for several variable names reported by Python, but ultimately got stuck when the line "for g in range(len(vbBIDS[n])):" produced a list index out of bounds error.
blackfoxeye
veteran

Post by blackfoxeye »

Szkaradek123 wrote:About ~19000 files from ...data_win32\worlds\fcc_main\fcc_main_unpack\__UNKNOWN\gfx for Far Cry 4:

xbg file: each file have skeleton inside - for file name can use first bone name
xbt file: for some files can use file path inside

Here is a script for parsing all files from directory ..data_win32\worlds\fcc_main\fcc_main_unpack\__UNKNOWN\gfx
It creates new file types:
- *.mesh with name of first bone - for xbg file . It is xbg file but has only new name. File inside has no change.
- *.mat - from bin files - it can use to get texture path for material name from file with model
- *_norm.dds - for normal and bump maps
- *.dds - for others maps

How to use:
1. instal Blender 249 and Python 266
2. double click Blender249.blend
3. in Blender Text Window press alt+p and select any file from ...data_win32\worlds\fcc_main\fcc_main_unpack\__UNKNOWN\gfx and wait.
I have tried to open xbg file from FarCry 5, and its unsuccessful.
Is there any plan for update the script, so that it can import xbg model from FarCry5.