Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Nerd42
beginner

Re: Telltale Almost-All-In-One Model Importer

Post by Nerd42 »

RandomTBush wrote:
Nerd42 wrote:I'm trying to extract textures from Poker Night 2. Not models ... just textures. I guess the trouble is the d3dtx files are missing some kind of header? Will this script add that header
It should, yes, as long as you use the right option for it (and don't try to convert more than 500 at a time). Either way, now that I understand how QuickBMS works, I'll be writing up a conversion script for that program sometime soon, if the 3DS Max one doesn't work for you.
I've never used 3DS Max but I might give it a try. Looking forward to seeing your QuickBMS script! I'd be interested to see what it does, even if 3DS Max ends up working for me.

(later edit) Oh ... 3DS Max is a commercial program and pretty big. Maybe it'd be better to just wait for your QuickBMS script so I don't have to bother getting it just for this.
riccochet
advanced

Post by riccochet »

Heya, so I'm also having a bit of a problem regarding the textures. I try to convert the .d3dtx files, but I end up with only 0 byte .dds files.
Any ideas what the problem could be? Using Max 2013
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

riccochet wrote:Heya, so I'm also having a bit of a problem regarding the textures. I try to convert the .d3dtx files, but I end up with only 0 byte .dds files.
Any ideas what the problem could be? Using Max 2013
I've noticed that 3DS Max 2013 and up don't work with that texture converter for whatever reason. I'll have a QuickBMS alternative for that sometime soon, before the month's over.
riccochet
advanced

Post by riccochet »

I see, thanks for the reply.
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

I'm getting an error with a model from Tales from the Borderlands. I tried both episode 1 and 2 (in case something changed) and the same error pops up each time. The model is called "sk55_yvette". It's the only model that has this issue (of the 10 or so I've looked at). Here is a screen of the error that pops up after selecting the mesh and skeleton. Using Max2010

http://i.imgur.com/WefBDeZ.png?1

Edit: looks like the same issue that Cappu posted about with a different model on page 4. I can upload the mesh/skeleton if needed.
Nintendude
advanced

Post by Nintendude »

When I try to do the Barbasol canister parts or the Binoculars from Jurassic Park I get a "unable to convert:undefined to type interger" I'm using 3DS Max 2013, I can't find SKL files for any of the files in this ZIP. Also textures don't load for the signs. Not sure what I'm missing and would rather not go through the hassle of getting 3DS Max 2012.
http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1432403163
averykid
ultra-n00b

Post by averykid »

Hello!
So i have two problems with TFTBL models:
Firstly i cant see the skeletons via importing it
Its not auto-applying their textures
If i try it manually they are not fitting.

Can you help me to do these with Future Fiona & Future Rhys?
meganmi
advanced

Post by meganmi »

averykid wrote:Hello!
Latest version of the script should fit the textures correctly.

Small tip: Delete "Layer 2" meshes by going through Tools > New Scene Explorer...

Those are duplicates that have no use whatsoever, this should fix the improper texture mapping. :D
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

averykid wrote:Hello!
So i have two problems with TFTBL models:
Firstly i cant see the skeletons via importing it

Can you help me to do these with Future Fiona & Future Rhys?
Unfortunately, I haven't figured out the auto-application of the textures in newer Telltale games. I blame the fact they went for material hashes instead of filenames like they did for their older titles. And in response to the post above, the "Layer 2" polygon groups are usually used for things like the lines on the characters from The Wolf Among Us, check the UV mapping to see if it's different or not before deleting them, they may be useful.

And as for the issues people have been having with various models, I'll fix them as soon as I'm able to. Been having a really crummy month, so I haven't felt like doing anything of the sort. Sorry.

...and I realized I never posted the QuickBMS texture converter in this topic, here it is.
globan
ultra-n00b

Post by globan »

Hi,
I have been trying to get the GOT models for some time now and I was fortunate enough to find your thread and Telltale Almost-All-In-One Model Importer.
I have managed to import Tyrion (not from the game, the script window importer is desperately blank whan I select Game Of Thrones ) but from a file I found on the web ( attached link
Capture2.JPG
).
3DS 2011 imports the model okay but there are no textures.

Can you help me understand what I am doing wrong and how to fix my problem? I would really like to have this character.
Thank you in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OoFiLoO
ultra-n00b

Post by OoFiLoO »

Hi! your script is amazing.. but..
the old script release (about TWD2 series) has correct bones weights but wrong uvs.. the updated script you released has correct uvs but wrong bones weights.. can you fix it please?
Thank you in advance

RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

I never got a chance to incorporate that fix into the main script. I made a terrible mistake when fixing up the UV mapping for the other formats since I absent-mindedly copy-pasted the vertex information from the later, fixed games without correcting the rigging information. This revision should fix that problem:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sxmel1ksxlkica6

Next time, I'll test to make sure everything's working before doing another full-scale modification like that. But anyway, now that my computer's no longer crapping out on me every few minutes, I'll start fixing the certain Jurassic Park models that won't import and the newest texture files that won't convert.
OoFiLoO
ultra-n00b

Post by OoFiLoO »

RandomTBush wrote:I never got a chance to incorporate that fix into the main script (I made a terrible mistake when fixing up the UV mapping for the other formats), but this should fix that problem:

Now that my computer's no longer crapping out on me every few minutes, I'll start fixing the certain Jurassic Park models and the newest texture files not working right.
Thank you very much!!
So i have to use that hotfix as a standalone script?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

OoFiLoO wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:I never got a chance to incorporate that fix into the main script (I made a terrible mistake when fixing up the UV mapping for the other formats), but this should fix that problem:

Now that my computer's no longer crapping out on me every few minutes, I'll start fixing the certain Jurassic Park models and the newest texture files not working right.
Thank you very much!!
You can use that script for now as a replacement until I update the main script. I don't think I broke anything else by fixing the TWD2 importing problems.
OoFiLoO
ultra-n00b

Post by OoFiLoO »

RandomTBush wrote:
OoFiLoO wrote:

Thank you very much!!
You can use that script for now as a replacement until I update the main script. I don't think I broke anything else by fixing the TWD2 importing problems.
Works perfectly! Again Thank you very much!