Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

AC Rouge-Liberation HD (forge) Tools [PC]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: AC Rouge (forge)

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

michalss wrote:There is 2 types of scimitar archives, 1 normal forge which included <5000 files and extended files where u can get ever more the 10K files inside the forge. So im asking for help with this extended files withn more then 10k files... For example file call DataPC_extra.forge
I don't have AC:Rogue yet, so I can only go on past history. If file count is greater than max file count, use max file count. If you check the index table, you will not find any more entries than max file count.

For reference:

ACIV: Black Flag - DataPC_extra.forge -- file count is 7205, there are only 5000 file entries in the index table
AC: Revelations - DataPC_ACFE_Constantinople.forge -- file count is 5599, there are only 5000 file entries in the index table

For both of those forge files, the max file count is 5000.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
michalss

Re: AC Rouge (forge)

Post by michalss »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
michalss wrote:There is 2 types of scimitar archives, 1 normal forge which included <5000 files and extended files where u can get ever more the 10K files inside the forge. So im asking for help with this extended files withn more then 10k files... For example file call DataPC_extra.forge
I don't have AC:Rogue yet, so I can only go on past history. If file count is greater than max file count, use max file count. If you check the index table, you will not find any more entries than max file count.

For reference:

ACIV: Black Flag - DataPC_extra.forge -- file count is 7205, there are only 5000 file entries in the index table
AC: Revelations - DataPC_ACFE_Constantinople.forge -- file count is 5599, there are only 5000 file entries in the index table

For both of those forge files, the max file count is 5000.

--MDA
Im afraid you wrong here mate. There is another table offset i have done a small research and i think i know how to but it is very tricky :(
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: AC Rouge (forge) Tools

Would love to be able to read the rest of them. I'll start digging through it again. Based on the index table and filename table I always just assumed the file count was misleading. If you have theories on how to get to the other files, I would certainly like to hear them.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
michalss

Post by michalss »

ill share info once i know more mate :) There is certain pattern for the files just need to figure it out, how exactly this index offsets work.

ShivShubh
n00b

Post by ShivShubh »

michalss wrote:ill share info once i know more mate :) There is certain pattern for the files just need to figure it out, how exactly this index offsets work.
Turfster's Assassin's Creed tool is able to extract more than 5000 files from any forge files until AC Revelations only, so keeping that in mind, I think it will be possible for you to add support for extended forge files.
ShivShubh
n00b

Post by ShivShubh »

I just found something interesting, DataPC_ACU_Versailles_assets.forge file of AC Unity has 17,522 files inside and your tool is perfectly able to extract all of them, here no error of extended forge file comes up. Everything seems to be working fine. So it seems to be the case with AC III, IV & Rogue, in those 3 games, the tool can't extract forge files with over 5000 files. So maybe you can check what's up with AC Unity.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

ShivShubh wrote:I just found something interesting, DataPC_ACU_Versailles_assets.forge file of AC Unity has 17,522 files inside and your tool is perfectly able to extract all of them, here no error of extended forge file comes up. Everything seems to be working fine. So it seems to be the case with AC III, IV & Rogue, in those 3 games, the tool can't extract forge files with over 5000 files. So maybe you can check what's up with AC Unity.
The issue stems from file count being greater than max file count. As an example the one file I mentioned earlier, AC:Revelations DataPC_ACFE_Constantinople.forge, has a file count of 5599, but max file count is only 5000. In the index table, there are only 5000 entries. In games prior to AC3, the files were prefaced with a "FILEDATA" string, which means in theory you could pick out the files without the index table. Since then it has been more reliable to use the index table.

Of course, you also run into situations like the following, still referencing the AC:Revelations file, the file count is 5599, however if you count the "FILEDATA" tags, there are 5792. Another situation you'll run into, the multi-player forge files don't always use the same format as the game, AC3's multi-player forge files use a format similar to AC2.

This format is not easy.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

I edited my first post regarding the index tables. It now includes how to get to the next index table when multiple tables are present. I hope it makes sense. Even though I don't have an AC:Rogue file to verify this against, what I posted should work. AC:Rogue appears to use the same forge file format as ACIV:Black Flag.

Thanks michalss for making take a second look at this. Once I do get AC:Rogue and get support for it built into ARchive_neXt I'll fix this issue as well. If you are going to support earlier games with your tool, here's a list of the games that have split index tables:
  • AC: Brotherhood
  • AC: Revelations
  • Assassin's Creed III (multi-player only, which uses a different format from the single-player forge files)
  • ACIV: Black Flag (single-player and multi-player forge files, which also use different formats)
  • Prince of Persia 2008
And apparently AC:Rogue

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
ShivShubh
n00b

Post by ShivShubh »

Many thanks for your work over this one mate, really appreciate it, expecting michaelss to fix this one ASAP. And I really hope that he do add decompression support for AC Unity files, this game has no such "extended" forge files problem.
michalss

Post by michalss »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:I edited my first post regarding the index tables. It now includes how to get to the next index table when multiple tables are present. I hope it makes sense. Even though I don't have an AC:Rogue file to verify this against, what I posted should work. AC:Rogue appears to use the same forge file format as ACIV:Black Flag.

Thanks michalss for making take a second look at this. Once I do get AC:Rogue and get support for it built into ARchive_neXt I'll fix this issue as well. If you are going to support earlier games with your tool, here's a list of the games that have split index tables:
  • AC: Brotherhood
  • AC: Revelations
  • Assassin's Creed III (multi-player only, which uses a different format from the single-player forge files)
  • ACIV: Black Flag (single-player and multi-player forge files, which also use different formats)
  • Prince of Persia 2008
And apparently AC:Rogue

--MDA
thx a lot mate ill verify this once i have some time and make repacker for this as well or at least ill try, unpack is 1 thing, but repack is very complicated.. I was very busy last week...

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Not sure where you're at with this project, or if this is going to help at all. But, I've started detailing the formats of the AC games on my Wiki page. Currently I have the forge and "DATAFILE" formats for all the AC games. I've started on the formats for a few of the files inside the "DATAFILEs", but I'm not finished with those yet.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
michalss

Post by michalss »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:Not sure where you're at with this project, or if this is going to help at all. But, I've started detailing the formats of the AC games on my Wiki page. Currently I have the forge and "DATAFILE" formats for all the AC games. I've started on the formats for a few of the files inside the "DATAFILEs", but I'm not finished with those yet.

--MDA
Hi mate,

I did not move anywhere yet, i have been very busy last weeks :( but wiki pages its a great idea :)

ponaromixxx
beginner

Post by ponaromixxx »

And you have thrown this topic? Text retrieval Auger? http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=699
vladik4kides
n00b

Post by vladik4kides »

Can you make unpacker for DataX360.forge files? Pleease.
michalss

Post by michalss »

im still planning to support all ac games, not time yet, once i finnish mine last project ill get back to it.. + MDA is great person and help me to understand the structure :)