Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Headerless d3dtx files from Telltale?

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Nerd42
beginner

Headerless d3dtx files from Telltale?

Post by Nerd42 »

I'm trying to extract textures from Poker Night 2. Not models ... just textures. I think the trouble is the d3dtx files are missing some kind of header.

RandomTBush seems to have developed something to put on the header. But it requires 3DS Max and I don't have 3DS Max. Can anybody figure out what it's doing so I could duplicate the results using free tools? I can't figure out his source code.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Headerless d3dtx files from Telltale?

Post by RandomTBush »

I'll be working on a version of the texture converter that works in QuickBMS before the end of the month.
Nerd42
beginner

Post by Nerd42 »

RandomTBush wrote:I'll be working on a version of the texture converter that works in QuickBMS before the end of the month.
Oh, awesome. I'm excited to get it
Nerd42
beginner

Post by Nerd42 »

RandomTBush wrote:I'll be working on a version of the texture converter that works in QuickBMS before the end of the month.
Did you mean the end of March or April? :)
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Nerd42 wrote:
Did you mean the end of March or April? :)
Sorry, some important matters popped up last week that I had to attend to. I'll do what I can to have it ready soon.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

I think this should work, I was able to convert almost all of the textures from Poker Night 2 with it (a couple of them are odd, two have PNGs embedded in them which confuses the script and the other is an obscure pixel format) and haven't been able to test any of the other games yet, since I uninstalled them to free up disk space and it'll take a while for me to re-download. Lemme know if there are any problems (which there probably will be, knowing my luck).
Nerd42
beginner

Post by Nerd42 »

It worked perfect. 0 errors. Thanks! :D

For anyone else trying this kind of thing: I don't know if this is the "correct" way to do it, but I got it working by writing this batch file:
for %%i in (*.d3dtx) do quickbms "Telltale_D3DTX_PN2_TWD_TWAU.bms" "%%i" output
Then I used XNconvert to batch convert everything to .png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.