Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
loriscangini
advanced

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by loriscangini »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
loriscangini wrote:Hi to all!

The PC version of Rogue is available, I am wondering if it'll be added to Archive_NeXt
Haven't purchased it yet, but when I do it will be added. Until then, copy/paste forge files into Unity's directory and see if it will open.

--MDA
The forge files can be opened if you set the path to Rogue in place of Black Flag and/or Unity, but it crashes when trying to open something inside of them
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

loriscangini wrote:
MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
loriscangini wrote:Hi to all!

The PC version of Rogue is available, I am wondering if it'll be added to Archive_NeXt
Haven't purchased it yet, but when I do it will be added. Until then, copy/paste forge files into Unity's directory and see if it will open.

--MDA
The forge files can be opened if you set the path to Rogue in place of Black Flag and/or Unity, but it crashes when trying to open something inside of them
Can't see any reason why the way you did it shouldn't work as well as the way I suggested, other than changes to the files.

Sorry everyone, but I guess you'll just have to wait until I get my copy.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
loriscangini
advanced

Post by loriscangini »

If useful I can try to upload a .forge file from my version.

EDIT:
Here's the DataPC, it should contain the weapons models
https://mega.co.nz/#!xsVCXCAD!ugHIO9Hr2 ... lNrXZLwiCw
loriscangini
advanced

Post by loriscangini »

loriscangini wrote:If useful I can try to upload a .forge file from my version.

EDIT:
I think that the Black Flag format is more similar to the one used by Rogue, I can't preview the 3d models in the program, but ignoring the exceptions and exporting them, all works!
There are problems with the textures, none of them is correctly displayed!
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

loriscangini wrote:

EDIT:
I think that the Black Flag format is more similar to the one used by Rogue, I can't preview the 3d models in the program, but ignoring the exceptions and exporting them, all works!
It works then? Cool, I need to try it myself!

Btw guys, I have a question; where can I find the textures for the weapons in ACU? They use shared maps, but I only found random single textures and I have no clue where to find the ones needed...
Last edited by RunaWhite on Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loriscangini
advanced

Post by loriscangini »

RunaWhite wrote:
loriscangini wrote:

EDIT:
It works then? Cool, I need to try it myself!

Btw guys, I have a question; where can I find the textures for the weapons? They use shared maps, but I only found random single textures and I have no clue where to find the ones needed...
It works for the 3d models, but not the textures!
And I have the same question! Do someone knows where to find the Unity's weapons textures?
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

RunaWhite wrote:Btw guys, I have a question; where can I find the textures for the weapons in ACU? They use shared maps, but I only found random single textures and I have no clue where to find the ones needed...
loriscangini wrote:And I have the same question! Do someone knows where to find the Unity's weapons textures?
Not looking for anything specific, the only weapon textures I can pinpoint are in DataPC.forge and begin with "CN_W". I'm sure this doesn't encompass all weapons, the others we would have to hunt for on a model-by-model basis.

--MDA

@loriscangini - I should have some time this weekend to check out the Rogue file you posted.
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
loriscangini
advanced

Post by loriscangini »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
RunaWhite wrote:Btw guys, I have a question; where can I find the textures for the weapons in ACU? They use shared maps, but I only found random single textures and I have no clue where to find the ones needed...
loriscangini wrote:And I have the same question! Do someone knows where to find the Unity's weapons textures?
Not looking for anything specific, the only weapon textures I can pinpoint are in DataPC.forge and begin with "CN_W". I'm sure this doesn't encompass all weapons, the others we would have to hunt for on a model-by-model basis.

--MDA

@loriscangini - I should have some time this weekend to check out the Rogue file you posted.
... Sorry, I made a mistake! I was searching for the 3d models of the weapons in Unity!
The strange thing is that in the DataPC file of unity there are the weapons textures but not the meshes, in the one from Rogue it happens the opposite, there are the 3d models but not the textures!

Anyway, let me know if I can do something else!
loriscangini
advanced

Post by loriscangini »

Any news about the Rogue format?
lolwatt
veteran

Post by lolwatt »

Hi!

Can someone tell me more or less what's the overall support on all Assassin's Creed games?
I've been reading the thread and all, but it's hard to tell the status on each game.
I can work on a detailed support list if MDA wants/is unsure on that, but I'm still getting all the games. :]

From what I can see, AC:Unity does not support normal maps yet? I wasn't able to extract anything but meshes. Not even textures.

Thanks!
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

lolwatt wrote:Hi!

Can someone tell me more or less what's the overall support on all Assassin's Creed games?
  • Meshes:
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  • Assassin's Creed: Liberation
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity (multiple mesh formats, not all have been defined, yet)
  • Prince of Persia (2008)
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • Textures:
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  • Assassin's Creed III (some diffuse map issues)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (some diffuse map issues)
  • Assassin's Creed: Liberation
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity (some normal map issues)
  • Prince of Persia (2008)
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • Skeletons:
  • Still a work in progress for all games listed above.
lolwatt wrote:From what I can see, AC:Unity does not support normal maps yet?
It would be more correct to say that AC:Unity normal maps do not extract properly. There is something different about the majority of the normal maps that I have yet to determine.
lolwatt wrote:I wasn't able to extract anything but meshes. Not even textures.
Can you expand on this?

--MDA

P.S. Work has begun on AC:Rogue. Ability to read the forge files, extract the datafiles, view/extract textures (so far no issues).
P.P.S I'm sure if I have forgotten something, some one else will be kind enough to remind me ;)
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
lolwatt
veteran

Post by lolwatt »

Thank you very much for your answer.

Regarding my problem with the textures, I will describe it down, I'm sorry if I'm missing something, I'm new to your tool and currently I only got AC Unity to play with.

I can see the meshes in the blue screen and extract them just fine to OBJ or ARX.

When it comes to textures, it seems I can't extract when they have a Material/Mesh with them. Or is it because it's a SET that includes a Normal Map?

Either way, thank you. I can't wait to try out on the other games too.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

lolwatt wrote:Regarding my problem with the textures, I will describe it down, I'm sorry if I'm missing something, I'm new to your tool and currently I only got AC Unity to play with.

I can see the meshes in the blue screen and extract them just fine to OBJ or ARX.

When it comes to textures, it seems I can't extract when they have a Material/Mesh with them. Or is it because it's a SET that includes a Normal Map?

Either way, thank you. I can't wait to try out on the other games too.
Watch the video I posted here. That shows you how to have the textures visible on the model, and to extract with the model. To explain it more. Viewable textures are only stored in the "Texture Map" branch. The other branches you see are necessary for linking textures to the models. Earlier games, you will find out, store all the required files together in one "Datafile". As they have progressed over the years, Ubisoft has seen fit to store less and less in the "Datafiles" to the point where we are now, so that most "Datafiles" only store a single file. So in order for you to have everything extracted at the same time, you need to find the required "Datafiles" and open them prior to opening/viewing the model's "Datafile".

I hope that wasn't too confusing.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
lolwatt
veteran

Post by lolwatt »

Oh! Thank you for explaining.
I get how it works now. I can see the meshes with textures now.

I was extremely disappointed with the texture size of the weapons. hahaha.
A pretty game like that using 256x128 textures? That's an insult. :P

My silly complaints about the game apart, I'm enjoying your tool and I appreciate the support!

Thanks.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Wondering what I've been up to lately? Aside from adding AC file format specs to my wiki page, and working on adding support for AC:Rogue to ARchive_neXt, I've also been working on an alternate way of loading the forge file into ARchive_neXt.

As you can see in the image above, you no longer have a listing of each individual "Datafile" in the forge file, but a listing of the resource types. This way reads through the forge file, expanding every datafile, and sorting all files into their respective branches based on resource type. In the image above I also have the "Show Only Known Files" preference selected which is why the list you see is rather small. For this alternate method of loading I have also implemented a "Remove Duplicate Files" preference. This will remove any duplicate files based on file id.

This method does take slightly longer to "open" a forge file, however I believe the benefits will overcome the time delay.

Testing this so far (only AC1 has been set up to test):

DataPC_Damascus.forge took the longest to load at 2 minutes 16 seconds. You can shorten this time slightly (2 minutes 5 seconds) by having "Show Only Known Files" checked. Having "Remove Duplicate Files" checked may cause slightly longer load times as that is an extra process performed after all files have been loaded, but so far tests have been minimal (as in less than a second).

Possible benefits from loading this way:

One less tree branch to deal with, all similar files stored together.
All file ids realized when the forge file is loaded; this means no more hunting for texture maps prior to viewing/extracting a model file (as long as the model file has textures associated and they are contained in the same forge file, ARchive_neXt will put it all together).

Load times, ultimately, will be dependent on the power of your PC. My specs:
Windows 8.1 64-bit, 8GB Ram, AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz

If all goes according to plan, I should have a release ready by the end of the month.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience