Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Warframe Online MaxScript

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
wjh12338093
beginner

Re: Warframe Online MaxScript

Post by wjh12338093 »

Excuse me character models in that folder, can not find ah。

Poor English
wjh12338093
beginner

Post by wjh12338093 »

Thank you for the script, it's very good.Thank you very much!

Biohazardez
ultra-n00b

Post by Biohazardez »

this is how you use ninjaripper with warframe.

1. you need to use the warframe.exe in the installation folder (not the launcher.exe or the 64bit version)
(if your using steam it in here ''Steam/steamapps/common/warframe'' )

2. use these arguments ''-cluster:public -fullscreen:0 -dx11:1'' (without '')
if you want to run directx9, use ''-dx11:0''

3. use either ''D3D11 wrapper'' or ''D3D9'' wrapper depending on either you use DirectX 9 or 11

4. just click Run and wait for warframe to launch
(NOTE) if you get blackscreen after it finished loading it means you use the wrong warframe.exe (use the one inside the Public folder if it exists)

5. start ripping & be happy
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

Cool! I once got banned for using something in the game. Have you experienced anything? I have to much invested in this game to be banned :)
Biohazardez
ultra-n00b

Post by Biohazardez »

as far as I know you won't be banned for using ninjaripper.

I haven't been banned yet, so if no one else reports about getting a ban from using it, you shouldn't have to worry
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

Biohazardez wrote:as far as I know you won't be banned for using ninjaripper.

I haven't been banned yet, so if no one else reports about getting a ban from using it, you shouldn't have to worry
Well I have tried all settings I can now with both exe version and switching between dx11 and dx9 etc. Even went in launcher preferences and changed settings there with multi-thread etc but I dont get any rips. In one of the settings the game freezes for a while but it does not generate either textures nor scene
MikaKyubi
ultra-n00b

Post by MikaKyubi »

As to the matter of successfully using NinjaRipper to rip the models and the textures, I've had success with the following:

1) Point NinjaRipper to the Warframe.exe location. Set it to rip using DirectX 9.

2) Attempt to run it. You will get an error stating to run Warframe through the launcher. This is fine.

3) Quit NinjaRipper

4) Load the launcher. In the launcher, under options, make sure Full Screen is checked, but do not check 64-bit Mode, nor DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 (You want to make it run in DirectX 9 mode for this).

5) Load up NinjaRipper at this point.

6) From the Warframe Launcher, run the game.

7) Find the weapon or Warframe model you intend to rip. You can either go to your Clan's Dojo, or go into the Codex on your ship

8) Use the NinjaRipper hot keys to rip your scene.

9) Your screen will now be black. Prior to update 14, you could alt-enter to run in a window. Now this is impossible. Press Alt-f4 to quit the game on the spot.

10) At this point you can load up 3DStudio Max and point it to the ripped folder. Be advised, the textures might be flipped, and this can cause texturing problems.

11) I use Noesis at this point and convert to .obj file format, flipping the UV. I also convert the .dds file into .tga format.

12) All textures ripped in this method need the following done to them to make them usable in any other program:

a) Diffuse, Specular, and Illumination maps need to have their brightness increased by 100%
b) Normal maps require their brightness to be increased by 140%

Repeat this procedure as required.

I hope that this information helps.

Sincerely,
Mika Kyubi
junk angel
veteran

Post by junk angel »

Out of curiosity - have you thought about making the script support other evolution engine games as well? Star trek 2013, Dark sector etc.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Making model-import scripts, PM
LogicalEvil
ultra-n00b

Post by LogicalEvil »

I'm sorry if this is bumping an old thread, but I've been running into problems using the warframe_online import script. Bones import fine, but when trying to import geometry, it all gets scrunched into a triangle. This is the result of importing Excalibur_skel.fbx

zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

What tool you used to extract archives? Also, I guess you're using latest game client? If so, it could be, that developers changed format a bit.
LogicalEvil
ultra-n00b

Post by LogicalEvil »

zaramot wrote:What tool you used to extract archives? Also, I guess you're using latest game client? If so, it could be, that developers changed format a bit.

I used blog/?p=1081 to extract the cache, I also tried importing with both 3ds max 2009 and 2010. I'll attach the models I tried importing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

They changed model format a bit. Here's new script, could cause errors with other models (since, they could change format more)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by raykingnihong »

zaramot wrote:They changed model format a bit. Here's new script, could cause errors with other models (since, they could change format more)

Thank you very much for the great work, the script runs very well, but how to extract the texture? Request for help
Basurci
ultra-n00b

Post by Basurci »

Hello, update is needed for this script :)
Today after new update in warframe some of player model parts are impossible import because of some error.
It's being thrown on this line "str += bit.intAsChar (ReadByte bstream #unsigned) "
I attached sample for it.
Btw any ideas how to import textures with models? I mean for those models that are still unavailable in-game to see.

Any updates coming soon?