Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Watch Dogs XBG models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Oleg
beginner

Re: Watch Dogs XBG models

Post by Oleg »

I've ported only DriverCloth shader yesterday, as it's a bit comprehensive task to adopt as much original data into available material information as possible. Since my shaders use different code and blending methods on multytexture layers, the result does not match perfectly, but overal look is very alike.

There could be multiple layers on DriverCloth shader, where Diffuse texture is premultiplied with DiffuseColor1 given as rgb in a material file. Additionally (as in most of shaders I've explored to the moment), the specular map is usually a per-channel mask texture, where .R is usually specular glossiness, and .G is often a colorization mask. Thus, for example, a DiffuseColor2 could be masked by SpecularMap green channel, so you could have multiple color clothes dress. The second diffuse texture is (usually grayscale) a premultiply or overlay details for fabric texture simulation (that's where my shader gives dark effect on pants - if I disable fabric detalization, pants are drawn with correct blue color; same on hat). Additionally, a normal map #2 can be used as displacement map to simulate small bumps or fabric texture.

So, in general, the correct color is usually "Diffuse1Color" premultiplied by DiffuseTexture1 and mixed with Diffuse2Color masked by Specmap.Green;

I'll port DriverHair and DriverEye today to see whether these works the same way.

To say, most of info is generally in "materialdescriptor" folder as you've mentioned earlier. Some shaders specify a per-vertex color masking info, so per-vertex color component is NOT the color of mesh, it's a per-vertex effects masking. E.g. wetness areas are masked via vertices color channel (R on some shaders, G on another). Quite comprehensive to deal with as I see... :|
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

Vertex position and UV scaling (yes, vertices are also scaled per model):

@offset 36 VPscale = [float, float]
@offset 48 UVscale = [float, float]

These values are used with a HLSL mad function inside the shaders, which basically means Vp = int16*VPscale.y + VPscale.x. The same for UV coordinates.
There is only one set per file/model. Further UV scaling is handled with material tiling properties, as Oleg mentioned.
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

Szkaradek123 wrote:Hello

my importer for Blender 249:

Update 2014-07-01:
-fix weighting for some meshes

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hd1m3 ... -01%5D.zip

support: uv,weighting,bones,autotexturing
autotexturing work when use original location xbg file and needed material.bin file exists

problem:translation and scale uvmapping
how fix: go to line 7 and 8 and change UVTrans and UVScale

script is not perfect but maybe will be helpfull for you for full reversing format

When i attempt to run script for the file Blender249-WatchDogsImporter-2014-07-01.blend ...
it gives me a error on line 24 (the print command).
I'm perplexed. I would love to check out some of the car, buildings and prop models in watch dogs and do intensive research.

Anyone care to lend a hand on how to get the script to work?
This is my first time using blender by the way. I'm a 3d max user.
SergeantJoe
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by SergeantJoe »

You have to open it with Blender 2.49, it doesn't work with newer versions.
MultiCore
ultra-n00b

Post by MultiCore »

I tried to install you blender importer but I cant figure out where the files have to go. I use modo for modeling and have no clue about any blender versions.

A pointer would be nice :)
SergeantJoe
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by SergeantJoe »

Just run Blender 2.49 and File->Open the .blend file.
huckleberrypie
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by huckleberrypie »

I know Cra0's rig is more or less messed up and is in need of repairs atm, but has there been some progress made with the .xbg models? I mean, will we be getting support for exporting custom meshes and importing them back into the game?
Oleg
beginner

Post by Oleg »

hopefully we shall get something out. No dates estimated at the moment, but I work from time to time on this subject.

https://www.facebook.com/ZModeler3/post ... 5343892159
cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 »

huckleberrypie wrote:I know Cra0's rig is more or less messed up and is in need of repairs atm, but has there been some progress made with the .xbg models? I mean, will we be getting support for exporting custom meshes and importing them back into the game?
Got my pc sorted i'll resume work soon hopefully
essenthy
ultra-n00b

Post by essenthy »

Hey Cra0

do you think its possible to make Aiden coat moves like in this trailer ? start 1:00 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmwyW-Q960M

in the final game his coat is literally attached to the very low end of his back, in the trailer its attached higher to the middle of his back, wich let it move freely when walking/running, maybe removing some bones attachments from the xbg model ? because the physics seems to be already working properly in the game for it, its the same for his coat belt, they look more attached , sorry if am saying stupid stuff about bones, i have no experience with that :keke:
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
essenthy
ultra-n00b

Post by essenthy »

Wobble wrote:
essenthy wrote:Hey Cra0

do you think its possible to make Aiden coat moves like in this trailer ? start 1:00 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmwyW-Q960M

in the final game his coat is literally attached to the very low end of his back, in the trailer its attached higher to the middle of his back, wich let it move freely when walking/running, maybe removing some bones attachments from the xbg model ? because the physics seems to be already working properly in the game for it, its the same for his coat belt, they look more attached , sorry if am saying stupid stuff about bones, i have no experience with that :keke:
There are over 100 bones controlling Aiden's coat and coat-tails. It's highly animated. See bones named PL_Coat_SMUNode.
her's a more direct comparison http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_A6Z3gkXlk

you can notice aiden coat in the final game is like glued to the low end of his back wich prevent it from moving despit the physics for it seems to be there , do you think it would requiere some animation editing to make like that ? or working on the model withe bones could do the trick ?
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
essenthy
ultra-n00b

Post by essenthy »

i see, thanks Wobble, so its more a matter of animation then the model itself, btw i found most of aiden animations files if anyone is interested in that
Oleg
beginner

Post by Oleg »

testing the exported model in game. utilizes new geometry file, new material files and new _reference.skeleton file.
wd_muscle03_02.jpg
Edit: resized image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.