Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Archive X

Post by raykingnihong »

RunaWhite wrote:For me it's not working at all. The exception error appears right when I try to open the program, the 'Loading Preferences' bar in the lower part stays stuck there and the same message appears if I add the Unity path. Same if I have to close it, I can only force it via the Task Manager.

So, basically I can't view anything, not even the list of files. I have installed the directX update you linked and I have .NET Framework 4.5. Do I need to install/update something else in order to make it work?
Hello, my friends, I also encountered the same problem at the start, but, as long as you opened the program in case of error, then back to the right path. Wait and can be used normally. But not all models are supported, some models could not be read error occurred.
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

raykingnihong wrote:Hello, my friends, I also encountered the same problem at the start, but, as long as you opened the program in case of error, then back to the right path. Wait and can be used normally. But not all models are supported, some models could not be read error occurred.
Not sure what you mean, but it's really not working. Maybe it's because I have to update the .NET Framework from 4.5 to the newest 4.5.2? Gonna try and let you guys know.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

When I experienced that DirectX error while testing, it had been caused by something wrong with the model file (see one of my previous posts for details). But I have only had that issue with some of the Unity models. So that leaves me asking questions and guessing.

You are using a 64-bit version of Windows? (I assume so, but still have to ask.)
You have installed all recent updates for your OS?
You have installed the DirectX runtime? (Again I assume so, that would not be the error if you had not.)
You are working with forge files from the PC version of the game? (Once again, I assume that to be the case. If not, I don't think they would import into 3DSMax properly. Not to mention, I don't think you would get as far as you have.)

So that leaves me out of questions for now. And there isn't much else I can do until I get home this evening.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Runa, I believe your issue is being caused by something I forgot to plan for. That is, the program not finding any games in the registry files.
However, you should be able to close the program normally. Restart the program, then open Options/Preferences and browse to the directories where the forge files are located.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
nav00811
beginner

Post by nav00811 »

MDA, I'm having trouble with some of the models... the polygon of the meshes get disturbed
http://www.mediafire.com/view/5f4qiuo4j ... apture.PNG
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

nav00811 wrote:MDA, I'm having trouble with some of the models... the polygon of the meshes get disturbed
http://www.mediafire.com/view/5f4qiuo4j ... apture.PNG
Can you send me the exported file (tbotr at tbotr dot net). I will look at it when I get home this evening.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Nav- I got your files. I will look at them later, I don't have access to 3DSMax at the moment.

Runa- After looking at your issue again, you may need to set the ARchive_neXt.exe to run as administrator. Now that I have looked at the picture a second time, the program appears to be crashing when it tries to create the temp directory. I apologize for not looking at it closer earlier.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:Nav- I got your files. I will look at them later, I don't have access to 3DSMax at the moment.

Runa- After looking at your issue again, you may need to set the ARchive_neXt.exe to run as administrator. Now that I have looked at the picture a second time, the program appears to be crashing when it tries to create the temp directory. I apologize for not looking at it closer earlier.

--MDA
That is weird then... I tried running it as Administrator, and I got the same issue :( also, I can't close it manually. When I try I get the exception error and the program stays open. I need to force it... I am trying to update the .NET Framework, though I don't know if that will work...

EDIT: Nope. Not working. This is what happenes exactly:

1) When I open the tool I get that error message I posted in the previous page
2) The program loads anyway and this is what happens http://i.imgur.com/hA9ImLz.jpg loading preferences stuck and all empty
3) This is the error I get when I try to add Unity's path http://i.imgur.com/wQkhXSr.jpg
4) This is the error I get when I try to close it (without any luck) http://i.imgur.com/n2Iob1M.jpg

I am using Windows 7 with 64 bit system, DirectX is updated because I installed the one you linked, I have .NET Framework now updated to 4.5.2 version, everything else seems to be updated, running as Administrator doesn't change anything. Do I need to freak out? :D
raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by raykingnihong »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:Nav- I got your files. I will look at them later, I don't have access to 3DSMax at the moment.

--MDA
HI MichaelDarkAngel ,My good friend, I use ARchive_neXt.exe to test Assassins.Creed.Liberation.HD errors, caching textures cannot be extracted to the specified folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by raykingnihong »

RunaWhite wrote:

--MDA
That is weird then... I tried running it as Administrator, and I got the same issue :( also, I can't close it manually. When I try I get the exception error and the program stays open. I need to force it... I am trying to update the .NET Framework, though I don't know if that will work...

2) The program loads anyway and this is what happens http://i.imgur.com/hA9ImLz.jpg loading preferences stuck and all empty
3) This is the error I get when I try to add Unity's path http://i.imgur.com/wQkhXSr.jpg
4) This is the error I get when I try to close it (without any luck) http://i.imgur.com/n2Iob1M.jpg

I am using Windows 7 with 64 bit system, DirectX is updated because I installed the one you linked, I have .NET Framework now updated to 4.5.2 version, everything else seems to be updated, running as Administrator doesn't change anything. Do I need to freak out? :D
Hello, my friend, as you are, my system configuration. Do you have to set the correct path
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by raykingnihong »

raykingnihong wrote:
RunaWhite wrote:

--MDA

Hello, my friend, as you are, my system configuration. Do you have to set the correct path
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

Thank you raykingnihong! That fixed the issue, my bad!!

Btw I am testing the program now and so far the issues I'm finding are:

1) I too get that same error message about previews and thus I can't see the meshes into the model viewer
2) I can't extract textures for some reason. Sometimes they extract automatically in DDS, but only the diffuses. If I try to manually export in other formats, I get another error message which says the maps cannot be found (but it seems to work if I click on 'Export All As')
3) Normal maps appear damaged
Last edited by RunaWhite on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Ray - Thank you for that great tip. That might allow Runa to run the program. But more importantly, it means I have to account for an issue where the program may not be able to write the temp directory and preferences file where it wants to.

Nav - I looked at your obj file, and I don't need 3DSMax to tell you that is one of models that has the duplicate face index issue. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get around that problem.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
nav00811
beginner

Post by nav00811 »

Well MDA how long can it take to fix that issue, please let me know if u have any idea about how long it can take cause i'll be waiting for that issue to be fixed...
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

MDA, this happens with all the normal maps I am exporting. I think this issue also appeared in ArchiveX, but I'm not sure. The green ones look fine though, this issue appears only with the standard blue normals.