Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Virtual Pool Tournament Edition XBOX

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
cfcrule
n00b

Virtual Pool Tournament Edition XBOX

Post by cfcrule »

I've loaded this file into game extractor and all the files come up and i can extract them all but when it comes to importing them back in i can't save it as the archive the game requires.

The format is ARK.

Hopefully you can help then i can replace the goofy pictures of the players in the game and then put my even goofier picture of me in.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cfcrule
n00b

Post by cfcrule »

heres the tail bit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Ok, you can use the attached script in MultiEx Commander to quickly extract the files. Note that the names say the files are TGA, but they are in fact DDS.

I will update MexCom's web formats, so you can run that soon from within MultiEx Commander (webupdate). If you really want to be able to import as well, get the new MexBinder, add the single BMS format for ARK (type in the name of the game) and then save it as mc.mrf. Then, go to the data/config directory in the MultiEx Commander directory, backup the mc.mrf file there and replace it then with your own mc.mrf. When you start MultiEx Commander, you should see you can open ARK files normally (but all other formats have gone). However, it will enable you updating of these ARK archives. ;)
friendsofwatto
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by friendsofwatto »

Argh :) you beat me to it Mr Mouse - I was just writing a script for this archive format. Never mind - at least one of us did it. Gotta love these easy formats too hey - some of the ones I've been looking at recently are real complex.

Anyway, Game Extractor will also read/write these archives if you use it instead, and the specs for the format are up on the Wiki if you want them too.

WATTO
[email protected]
http://www.watto.org
Game Extractor - Read and write thousands of game archives!
cfcrule
n00b

Post by cfcrule »

Thanks mr mouse and friendsofwatto, i can put my goofy pic in now.

Also this file format from what i can remember (i lent the game out ages ago) is the same for fight club on xbox so hopefully thats two games with one archive.

Thanks a lot. :D

EDIT : Found a demo of fight club to check but the format is ark but don't open, but my pics looking fine in pool now. Cool :)