Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Warlords Of Draenor - WoW expansion

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Warlords Of Draenor - WoW expansion

Post by raykingnihong »

TaylorMouse wrote:Really, I have a Battle.net account but not the possibility to download the game beta ?

T.
Hello, my friends, thank you for sharing your work is great. Thank you so much
raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by raykingnihong »

TaylorMouse wrote:Hi guys I found some stuff on other sites and so on.

I compiled this to an useable exe.

With this you can extract all the files from all of the data.xxx files.

you can also add an extension, so that you can get specific files from the data.xxx files. Leaving the option of extension empty will extract all the files.

this also works for the Heroes of the Storm ( 2 DOTA)

Heroes of the storm has the known m3 and dds files in the data file. Yet the importer for max seems to be unable to import everything correctly

Warlords of Draenor has the known m2, skin and blp files. If you can match the skin file with the m2 file, you can import it into max with the existing m2 importer for max

Have fun

T.
Hello, my friends, I would like to ask a question, is keeping an unpacked directory structure or file name. Thank you very much for your help
yianti
beginner

Post by yianti »

TaylorMouse wrote:No, the m2 files are the same, I can easily import the new npc orcs like Thrall and Blackhand using the existing m2 import scripts

T.
You can share your M2 import scripts? :)
TaylorMouse
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by TaylorMouse »

Sure, here it is

T.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yianti
beginner

Post by yianti »

TaylorMouse wrote:Sure, here it is

T.
TKS :wink:
yianti
beginner

Post by yianti »

TaylorMouse wrote:Sure, here it is

T.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
warzonefury
ultra-n00b

Post by warzonefury »

Hello !

Can you explain how use your .exe for extract?

I don't understand what command i must use for do that :(
syrise
ultra-n00b

Post by syrise »

i know this post ins probably somewhat ancient, but hopefully someone will still respond to this..

i was trying to get some sound effects out out the Draenor, which has currently already been released.., and as i stumbled upon this, i immediately had 2 questions..

should i put the BlizzardDataFiles.exe into the same folder with the ***.xxx files to make some sense out of them, or do i have to write a file for the exe to know where to take those *.xxx files from...

the second question: is there a less painful way to get any senseful information out of this CASC archive ?

right now i extracted literally everything out of the Draenor CASC archive... which is 460421 file... this will most probably crash at some point..

after that's done... intending to try out that BlizzardDataFiles.exe

any insight regarding on how to make sense out of that CASC, would be more than appreciated

-Syr
kokoilie
ultra-n00b

Post by kokoilie »

About the export from the game i'd use Ladik's mpq editor, I think the newest version supports the CASC structure.
For the .m2 models I just finished moc script in autoit but for now it only works for models from legion expansion, will check others later(it will probably be some tweaks to how the header is arranged), if anyone wants to try it out let me know and i'll compile it.
example .m2 files from pandaria, vanilla and wotlk for dissection would be appreciated. For now i'll work on making it work with cata.