Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

League of legends model problems....

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
krolik
n00b

Re: League of legends model problems....

Post by krolik »

Wobble wrote:The new animation format has reduced the file size in half. They are now compressing rotation, position, scale, and time.

The previous versions stored keys by frame number. Now, keys are stored by time. This is why they replaced num_frames with anim_length in the header.
I still don't know how to use section #2, but you can probably ignore it.

It looks like there are 2 subsections in section #1. The first subsection seems to be a fixed list of starting and ending keytimes for each bone. (e.g. 0x0000 and 0xFFFF). This is always present.

The second subsection contains a varying number of keyframes, with varying key type (pos/rot/scl), sorted by time (0x0000 to 0xFFFF). Since each keyframe has a time value, there doesn't seem to be a need to index it. That's why I don't see the purpose of section #2.

Hey Wobble,

As you told seems that section 1 divided to 2 subsection, so you helped a lot. I don't really understand why subsection1 has 3 blocks with 4 10-bytes lines for rot, pos and scale. You told that we have starting and ending keytimes for each bone, but in this case there should be 2 lines for rot,pos,scale blocks.

I am stuck with converting keytime to frame number. Do you have any idea how it can be converted? In previous version we have fill frames with position and rot values for all bones. I think this new format could be converted into the same structure.

Thanks in advance,
You all did the great research job.
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
krolik
n00b

Post by krolik »

Wobble wrote:
Time is packed into an unsigned WORD (0x0000 to 0xFFFF). Use 0 for min value, anim_length for max value to unpack it.
I've got it, but can't unpack time anyway =((.

For example,
(0C03 0000) EF46 9D31 7876

0C03 = 3075 => 3075 / 65535 = 0.047 * anim_length = 0.1314 or frame number 4.
Is it right?
In this case bone (497252) will stop changing its rotation at frame number 4, but in the old format rotation changed from 0 to 30.

Sorry if I wrote something stupid above, but this format looks strange.

If the 1st subsection has starting and ending keyframes, why 2nd section has keyframes that are outside of range?
For example,
Rotation block for bone 124534019 (subsection1)

Code: Select all

[248]
(0000 0100) B837 965E 826E
(0000 0100) B837 965E 826E
(3C0F 0100) F7B7 AE1E 8F6E
(FF1F 0100) 29B8 5E5E 696E
Rotation block - Varying values for bone 124534019 rot (subsection2)

Code: Select all

[4868]
(3C2F 0100) 3FB9 E71C F26D
[5798]
(DB36 0100) E2B9 2BDC C76D
[6158]
(FF3F 0100) E2B9 2BDC C76D
[6348]
(FF7F 0100) E2B9 2BDC C76D
[6448]
(FFFF 0100) E2B9 2BDC C76D
[7228]
(FFFF 0100) E2B9 2BDC C76D
I also attached the file with old format unpacked data.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
krolik
n00b

Post by krolik »

Thx Wobble,

I did it! Still need to optimize some parts and play around with TangentType as some animations are playing with "crappy jumps".
krolik
n00b

Post by krolik »

Plugin for Maya 2015 x64
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Risky
ultra-n00b

Post by Risky »

I would like to thank you guys for the amazing work. The Maya pluggin is pretty much working, I can now import .skn from new skn format, but there is an error on the options. I think the module developer forgot to put the settings, so the part where I could import the .skl alongside with the .skn isn't showing and working. This means that I have to import the .skn and then the .skl, having them both not attached by default.

This isn't reaaally a huge problem because obviously editing the mesh would cause the skeleton to deattach so I would have to paint the connections again anyway, but it can help a bit by knowing the original mesh-bone connections.

I know you guys are also doing a great job in the animations part, I don't usually touch the animations a lot but I wish you the best for making everything work.

Again, many thanks
(and also sorry for my english)
krolik
n00b

Post by krolik »

Risky wrote:The Maya pluggin is pretty much working, I can now import .skn from new skn format, but there is an error on the options. I think the module developer forgot to put the settings, so the part where I could import the .skl alongside with the .skn isn't showing and working. This means that I have to import the .skn and then the .skl, having them both not attached by default.
Hey Risky,

Importing skn that bonded together with skl is working. While first time importing, change a file type from "All files" to "League of Legends - skin". There you will see File Type Specific Options with Import skeleton checkbox - use it. Next time you don't need to change a file type, this manipulation is needed for the first time you enable the plugin. I didn't try to fix this issue from the original source code.
Risky
ultra-n00b

Post by Risky »

krolik wrote:
Risky wrote:The Maya pluggin is pretty much working, I can now import .skn from new skn format, but there is an error on the options. I think the module developer forgot to put the settings, so the part where I could import the .skl alongside with the .skn isn't showing and working. This means that I have to import the .skn and then the .skl, having them both not attached by default.
Hey Risky,

Importing skn that bonded together with skl is working. While first time importing, change a file type from "All files" to "League of Legends - skin". There you will see File Type Specific Options with Import skeleton checkbox - use it. Next time you don't need to change a file type, this manipulation is needed for the first time you enable the plugin. I didn't try to fix this issue from the original source code.
I know, that was working on the thispawn's version of the plugin, but on your version it simply gives an error when I select the LoL - Skin option and the box wount appear. I can screenshot it to you.

I was using the thispawn's version without problems on Maya 2013 but now I'm testing your .mll in Maya 2015 and the error is this:

http://imgur.com/a/jZVwj

Maybe I am missing something in the plugin installation?

Thanks for your help!

quick edit: Just to mention, I am using Maya 2015 64bits with the 64bits plugin, it might be relevant

edit2: Just fixed it! I added the scripts and icons from the Thispawn's plugin for the older maya's and it is working now 100%! Thanks a lot for your help! Dumb me, should have remembered there were extra files besides the .mll that I also needed to take care of!
WarlordShadow
ultra-n00b

Post by WarlordShadow »

Hello!

I'm new to this forum but it has been a week of extreme struggle to export Braum's shield model into any reasonable file format.
Here are the steps I was following:
1. Export Braum's .skn file using Wooxy or Skin Installer Ultimate (I recommend the former).
2. Open it in Maya 2015 using provided Riot skil translator.
3. Delete Braum or separate the shield in any other way.
4. Export it to .obj, .dxf or .dwg.

And now I'm hitting the wall trying to open it with CorelDraw!!! The damn thing crashes (freezes) Corel every time I try to import it, either in .dxf or .dwg both of which are AutoCAD file extensions.

Any ideas why is it happening or how to convert it to a .cdr file?

The main goal is to obtain the file with .cdr extension so that it can be used as a template for a polistyrene-cutting machine.
baeckerskins
ultra-n00b

Post by baeckerskins »

By the way, is there any way to fix the issue with champions with more complicated animations? Basically theres champions with seperate animations for the torso so that the model can move his arms freely while the legs keep running smoothly. One of these champions would be draven, or hecarim- You can check the animations here http://www.lolking.net/models?champion=120&skin=0

The problem is, if you try to export models with the most recent file translator for maya 2015, the animations are really buggy. Is this fixable? I would appreciate help :)
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
krolik
n00b

Post by krolik »

baeckerskins wrote:By the way, is there any way to fix the issue with champions with more complicated animations? Basically theres champions with seperate animations for the torso so that the model can move his arms freely while the legs keep running smoothly. One of these champions would be draven, or hecarim- You can check the animations here http://www.lolking.net/models?champion=120&skin=0

The problem is, if you try to export models with the most recent file translator for maya 2015, the animations are really buggy. Is this fixable? I would appreciate help :)
Please, specify in more details ur problem. Or read what Wobble wrote.
cagil99
ultra-n00b

Post by cagil99 »

Hello, my problem is same as Risky's. https://gyazo.com/67bb9f15761f9fb34a82c2733179aa33 I have this error when I want to import. I am using krolik's plugin. I dont know where to find thespawn's plugin or those "extra files" . I use Maya 2015 btw. Thanks
krolik
n00b

Post by krolik »

cagil99 wrote:Hello, my problem is same as Risky's. https://gyazo.com/67bb9f15761f9fb34a82c2733179aa33 I have this error when I want to import. I am using krolik's plugin. I dont know where to find thespawn's plugin or those "extra files" . I use Maya 2015 btw. Thanks
Catch it! Archive with scripts and icons that were missed. Plugin, I assume, you already have.