Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance models/voices

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
KiRAfromYouTube
n00b

Re: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance models/voices

Post by KiRAfromYouTube »

flarespire wrote:So does anyone actually have any documentation on how formats like .pmo have changed in KH3D since their use in KHBBS? Might bring us a step closer to getting them viewable in a program like Noesis.
I'm onto that at the moment. However, I do want to say that they've changed a lot and some of the extensions I've never seen before. Truth is, my knowledge about formats is really low, but right now, I'm trying to list all the formats from each of the folder and will post it here once I'm done.

EDIT:- I've done listing all the formats on each of the folder. Here you go:-

Code: Select all

_grpdef.rbin:-
.rgr

cam.rbin:-
.exa
.mcv

chara_boss:-
.abc
.bcd
.ccd
.ead
.fsm
.gpl
.pam
.pmo
.seb
.tcd
.txa

chara_d_obj:-
.abc
.bcd
.ccd
.pam
.pmo
.tcd
.txa

chara_e_obj:-
.abc
.ccd
.ctt
.ead
.pam
.pmo
.seb
.tcd

chara_enemy:-
.abc
.ccd
.ead
.fsm
.gpl
.lub
.pam
.pmo
.seb
.tcd
.txa

chara_f_obj:-
.bcd
.ccd
.ead
.pam
.pmo
.tcd
.txa

chara_gim:-
.abc
.bcd
.ccd
.ead
.fsm
.gpl
.mcv
.pam
.pld
.pmo
.seb
.tcd
.txa

chara_high:-
.ead
.pam
.pmo
.txa

chara_npc:-
.abc
.ead
.pam
.pmo
.seb
.tcd (only 1 file)
.txa

chara_pc:-
.abc
.ccd
.ead
.mcv
.pam
.pmo
.seb
.tcd
.txa

chara_wep:-
.ead
.pam
.pmo
.seb

effect:-
.ese
.fep
.frr

event:-
.ctt
.exa

font:-
.bcfnt
.ctt

game:-
.abc
.bin
.dbg
.lub

item:-
.cct
.itb
.ite

map:-
.bcd
.mcv
.ctt
.mss
.ngd
.pmp
.pvd
.txa

menu:-
.bin
.ctt
.l2d

.ctd
.bin

minigame:-
.bin
.gpl
.olo

mission:-
.bin
.cir
.cle
.evf
.exa
.gpl
.lki
.lpm
.lps
.mcv
.mis
.mon
.olo

romarc:-
[it looks like a text file with folder names in it]

setdata:-
.bin
.dbg
.olo
This MAY NOT be the ones you're looking for, but by looking at the extensions, I assume you'll get the idea on how these formats worked.

Unfortunately, .PMO files does NOT WORK with Noesis as I've tried it earlier. However, MayBeePah have successfully extracting the models and the weapons all by himself. As for the other formats, it looks very different from what I know so far.

Also, sorry if my knowledge for these formats are very low as I'm still new to these kind of things.
Sorakairi
ultra-n00b

Post by Sorakairi »

- .ctd, these are the text files and they use an UTF-16 encoding.
- .ctt, these are textures, they are actually swizzled and they don't have the same pixel formats.
- .l2d, these are archives for textures and animations, they are compressed with LZOvl.
- .ead, .seb, .pmo, .txa, .abc, are used in 3D Modeling.
- .bcfnt, it is actually the 3DS font standard file. There are 4/5 fonts in the game, I don't recall now.
- .bin, these are generic binary files, they can hold rarc archives that you can unpack/repack with my tool.
- .lub, these are the game's lua scripts. They can't be disassembled without an effort, though.
- .olo, they are used to set an event, like number of enemies, characters and such.
- .exa, they are animation files, cutscenes.
- .moflex, they are actually the 3DS standard videos.
- .bcstm, 3DS audio files.
- .bcsar, an easy 3DS sounds archive.
- .pmp, they are actually map files.

Here's just a start.
flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

Well its good to know the formats the game uses and what they are. Now has anyone tried to compare the files from this game to their counterparts in KH: Birth By Sleep to see what the difference in structure is?
Farlavor
beginner

Post by Farlavor »

Sorakairi wrote:
Farlavor wrote:Why MayBeePah???... Why????
I mean... WHY the heck you disappeared just when you made such a great progress????

I waited years for this... Entire years for the Dream eater models... and all you've got to rip are just plain human NPCs... Not a bad idea at all, becuz I'm interested on some of them... (A few of them)... But my interests focuses entirely on the dreameaters themselves... You started a project like this on both model resources and here... and now, you disappear mysteriously, like you were dead or kidnapped by the Yihadists... :x

Why should I be too unlucky just like this?. Who will be able to rip all those models if you aren't here? Who will help me to do that???... I cannot try something I never known to rip aside from Wii's BRRES and SZS or anything that Noesis could convert. So, BCSAR or wathever the file that contains the models is just a format that I am unable to convert or rip... and even if I can... I don't have the script to properly convert it to DAE for Cinema 4D, or even import it to 3DS Max... and I only have 2009 version... I may download any version but I must need what version is compatible with the script (Just in case is already available in public).

It's the eternal losing fight of my life... [bruce]

I hate people who never finish succesfully what they started... I would rip everything from KHDDD (Dreameaters, NPCS, Maps, Sounds, Voices, Music and even if I'd had the tools to do so... I would fan-translated the game in Spanish. 8) )... So... That kind of laziness just when we were having wet dreams about your ripped NPCs... and the 99% guarantee that Dreameaters will be next to be ripped... Absolutely disgusts me :twisted: .

Sorry for my rudeness... I'm so desperated... Yeah... Desperated. and even my mobile is mysteriously broken.
Ergo my rage increased up to astronomic levels... If I would be a kind of Saiyan... today I would be already on my first time becoming a supersaiyan 100000.
You can actually translate this game in spanish (and other languages, too... I'm working on the italian patch, we're almost done), there's already a patch in the works, so you may help them.
I coded all the tools to extract textures and texts. Don't ask me to work on 3D models, cause I have no time and I don't have much knowledge about 3D modeling.

Here's my blog to see some screenshots :

http://adf.ly/1CU2ac

See ya!
Sorry... When I said I would translated the game itself in spanish... I mean when I have the tools to do so, since I have NO KNOWLEDGE of how to understand formats and stuff like that... you at least managed to know the PMO formats, and even others knows about EAD and other formats as well... but you tell me about those formats and I the only thing I can say is "No idea"...
but when comes to using programs that KNOWS and UNDERSTANDS how to change voices/text... I mean like that spanish team managed to create an Spanish rom of TWEWY for DS (With spanish voices as well)... Then probably after some months, you would already see my translated rom uploaded on MEGA or Mediafire. :D

Sadly. I only can see a few fandubs in spanish... but it would be great if I would contribute with that rom, if I had the tools to do so... Anyway. I was far more interested on the models... and translating may be possible in the future, when godess fate gives me the tools needed for that and more importantly, that it should be easy that even a 5 year old nOOb child can make a good translating/fandub by just a few clicks and plenty of writing, you know.
Sorry if it sounded rude... but I wanted to clarify, I don't have the programming skills needed to modify stuff on the rom itself, it may be a pain for me if I have to keep fixing error codes everytime like always happens when I do something like this... Anyway. I never expected that translating was EVEN possible... I said that with irony and even some little sarcasm, it doesn't mean I wouldn't translate... but it doesn't mean I would translate... just I would if it were easy doing that by myself. if I were MayBeePah... I wouldn't QUIT like he did... I would keep ripping all files, Not just a few damn NPCs, but also ALL dreameaters, all models, all scenarios, EVERYTHING in-game... and most importantly... I would already uploaded all those models... since he couldn't... All I can say to him is...

"GTFO! you loser"

Leaving us with our dreams crumbled by just a few JPG pictures of several T posed NPCs and a keyblade that only appeared in a cutscene and neither we know it's true power in-game.

PS: At least... I saw further progresses on all of your work... maybe we can reach this goal... I will do my work on Models Resource as well. if I ever get to the models or not... I will let you know here as well. and even I will provide you the files I manage to rip... Good luck everyone.
specially me, Becuz I need really more than you expected... this is my FIRST time ever ripping stuff from a 3DS rom. and my chances to fail is almost 99.9999% :cry:
Sorakairi
ultra-n00b

Post by Sorakairi »

Err... I guess you didn't get what I meant. XD
I was asking you to translate it into spanish with the aid of MY tools.
There's already a spanish team working on it with my programs and they need help.
So... let me know if you want to do it.
Anyway, I don't find it nice that you accuse that guy in that horrible way. LOL
He isn't obliged to share something. He may have had some problems, who knows.
KiRAfromYouTube
n00b

I agree with Sorakairi regarding accusing MayBeePah.

Farlavor, this is not the place for your "inner rage" just because he can pull all those models out by himself. We're here to learn on how these formats worked and perhaps some of the members here are working on tools/programs to be able to read these formats.

So, instead of you writing a long post and going ape-rage about one particular thing, how about if you help us with these formats? :)
MayBeePah
advanced

Post by MayBeePah »

Because Farlavor is being impatient, I'll may as well say that I'm actually working on a big surprise for everyone...
But don't want to say yet, I still need time.

I've tried avoiding contact with everyone because I though you all could wait.

Sorry, Bye :)
KiRAfromYouTube
n00b

MayBeePah:- No worries, just take your time. I'm looking forward for what you can come up with. :)
Sorakairi
ultra-n00b

Post by Sorakairi »

Some people asked me to share the full pack of KH3D's textures for HUD, Menus, Maps, etc...
Here's a link to download them :

http://adf.ly/1CrCEz

Bye!

~Sorakairi
Farlavor
beginner

Post by Farlavor »

MayBeePah wrote:Because Farlavor is being impatient, I'll may as well say that I'm actually working on a big surprise for everyone...
But don't want to say yet, I still need time.

I've tried avoiding contact with everyone because I though you all could wait.

Sorry, Bye :)
Ok, ok... I got it... but I think that confusing my despair with inpatientness is also being rude... becuz, at least that's masking the truth. :(

Just I believed you were gone, since I had no news about you on both Models resource and here, even an user was doing some kind of campaign to get ppl to help him on ripping the models in your place. I forgot his nickname, but I think his posts lies somewhere here and Models resource post.

also. I didn't meant to be rude with SoraKairi... I wasn't meant to take the translation so seriously... I would just take an example of what I would do if I were you, MayBeePah.
besides on the time I posted that, I didn't knew it was already possible to translate the game on any language possible. I discovered that when I saw the page of SoraKairi...

SoraKairi, My apologies if you were offended with that explanation... :cry:
But Hey... at first I was saying that sarcastically... but after some thinking. I think I will do it... but not today. I will take some time before doing that. :(

As I said before... I was really desperated... oh gosh, you were gone for over two months, and still had the guts to say that? :cry: ... if it would happen on 1st of april... I would be fallen on Fools day. but since it happened on day 2... at least I know it's not a joke. :)
Sorry for being rude about saying "Having guts"... but I wanted to just spit that out, before exploding in anger.
I really loved your project, you cannot simply quit like making the MOST EPIC YAOMING MEME EVER.

if that so, Instead of making a Yaoming meme... You would turned it into just this meme.

I saw plenty of projects being cancelled,

(Flash videos)
Eevee Party 3, Warrior Cats, Super Mario Bros Z. (And others)

(Videogames, Fan games)
MKF, Cube World. (and some more)

(Spanish Loquendo Youtubers)
Winnieco, Taroken, KrzKreations. (And others)

(Program/tools updates)
Noesis, 3D Ripper DX. (And a few others)

That's why, I believed you cancelled the project as well... so sorry. :(
Maybe if you would at least leave you a signal of life posting something and not just some logins here or there. :(

Why everything I loved so much, no matter what it is, ends cancelled like all of stuffs I mentioned above? :cry:
Sorry for what I had caused. I always hated this page since a few months ago for the following reasons.

1- Since the forum staff had changed the rules, now I cannot clarify if I can upload model data or not, since you said everything copyrighted cannot be uploaded here.
2- before the change of rules, on main page, I could see weekly news about ripping data, meaning you can see details of progressions so perfectly, that way I could get the Noesis plugin to import Enchanted arms models. :P
3- MR. Adults has quit from updating his Noesis... and from now on, There will be no further updates on it's plugins, and out there are NIF formats that needs support for Noesis... like Shin Megami Tensei Imagine, or Atlantica Online models. :(
and just don't forget GTA V models (Like animals, NPCs or vehicles), or even the models I was about to send here before the change of rules... A model from a PSP game called Toriko Gourmet Survival 1... or even the sequel if you wish too. :P

that's why I preferred Models Resource over here... but I came to see progress from you MayBeePah... so sorry for everything.
GovanifY
advanced

Post by GovanifY »

Wow lots of new stuff there!
Welp yeah, I actually am super busy(sorry T_T) and am only discussing at my free time on skype w/ few peoples(ChrisX930 pops in my mind atm)
I'm amazed of all the work that has been done ever since romhack has been possible, and yeah all that has been done is awesome.
As I said to SoraKairi if I ever get to have enough time I'll release my tool(YES THERE WILL BE A DDD_TOOLKIT W/ PATCH SYSTEM) but again I'm more than supa busy atm ;_;
For exemple my RECOM_Toolkit is almost finished, I did it in like a week a while ago, but I NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO FIX THE FEW BUGS THAT ARE STILL THERE.
Needless to say guys are asking me for my CFW *cough* I'm not pointing to anyone *cough* wants me to create tools and so....

Gimme a break life ;_;

So yeah can't do that much, just thank this awesome community that is around this serie of games, love y'all!

And again I don't mind if you want to contact me on skype, just know I'm KIND OF BUSY.

And so gj to SoraKairi, MayBeePah, and as always old ones, such as Azurfan or Falo(saw one profile pic' here, can't say which)
So bye, and good luck!

-GY
The only limit I've encountered so far is my brain.

-----------------------------------------------
Ya can check my work here:
http://www.govanify.blogspot.fr
http://www.govanify.com
https://twitter.com/GovanifY
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

GovanifY, is this bye for good, or are you going to make new KH tools sometime in the future? I always love downloading your latest code and programs for meddling with the Kingdom Hearts games. And with MayBeePah going months without posting so much as a WIP of his next big thing, it would be a shame to lose you too.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
GovanifY
advanced

Post by GovanifY »

Temporary, just need time!
As for an ETA:
KH1FM_Toolkit: Released(have to work on it one day but...meh)
KH2FM_Toolkit: Released
RECOM_Toolkit: In dev(need time to finish it; will be open source)
BBSFM_Toolkit: Same as before
KHDDD_Toolkit: Same as before

For tools most of my tools(Eventviewer_Editor, MDLX_TEST, CTT_Editor and so are on my comp' and almost finished, just need to finish 'em(as advanced as RECOM_Toolkit for most, aka almost finished and usable yet not featuring all I want to))

So yeah only temporary until life gives me more time ;_;

(for 358 or re:coded or com don't even think about a toolkit or tools)

MayBeePah
advanced

Post by MayBeePah »

I thought I'd tell everyone what I've been working on for the past months...

I'm learning how to read Assembly Language and for a while now I've been reversing the Binary of Kingdom Hearts 3D, this I what I'm working towards :
- Every format will be reverse engineered
- Data as Xml files eg. stats, events...
- All models with animations
- Attack/Magic/Keyblade effects animated
- Music, sound effects
- World Models with collisions
- Cutscene Animations

Each model comes with a Dae and Obj format
Each world & cutscene can be imported straight into Blender or Unity

This has been my first ever try on reverse engineering and I've learnt a lot.
I have been working hard on this for a while now, but I also have to work on other things, so I don't know If I'll finish this project soon...

This will give everyone the base for creating mods, cutscene editing, etc... You could end up recreating the whole game If you wanted.

I'm trying to make this the most comprehensive Kingdom Hearts Reversing Project, and I hope you all will be happy with what I've achieved.
I may or may not be finished this year, but It'll be worth the wait :)
GovanifY
advanced

Post by GovanifY »

Well MayBeePah this is a really good idea but, trust me, you won't finish it before a while.
A while ago I did the same for KH2FM, and trust me, even if it is a lot harder than DDD to understand/mod( in fact EVERYTHING is custom) I was never able to finish it.
I made html pages for almost all format, listed all files I could, tried to do the most I could on events and tool creating and....as you see it never ended.

I wish you good luck but I don't think you will finish this soon(unless you have a shitload of free time and if you do I'll have to say to you something: lucky bastard ;3)

But yeah, that's my thougts on this.
-GY