Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance models/voices

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
myrzavkin
ultra-n00b

Re: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance models/voices

Post by myrzavkin »

It seems MayBeePah really dissapeared.
Is here anyone who can help with .pmo .pam and .txa formats?
if somebody interested but lazy:
you can find decrypted game on youtube just enter "Fully Decrypted 3DS Games Links" in search
then extract .rbin files with this tool http://www.mediafire.com/download/7lmjj ... _v0.01.rar
there will be
.pmo (model)
.pam (animation)
.txa (textures ?)
also .ctd (text)

if somebody manage to reverse engineer (or teach me how :D) them ,that would be awesome
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

That sounds like a reasonable course of action, as long as downloading the "Fully Decrypted 3DS Games Links" is legal for people who actually own the game.
Except MayBeePah hasn't disappeared. According to his profile, he logs into XeNTaX at least once a week, sometimes once a day. In fact, he was last online just a few hours ago.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

Mirrorman95 wrote:That sounds like a reasonable course of action, as long as downloading the "Fully Decrypted 3DS Games Links" is legal for people who actually own the game.
Well technically the "Fully Decrypted 3DS Games Links" still fall under the category of a ROM as this version is how the 3DS system would be reading it, so basing on that I think the rules for any other ROM apply here aswell.
myrzavkin wrote: Is here anyone who can help with .pmo .pam and .txa formats?
Hmm, depending on how much the formats may have been altered, can we not use the information we have on the versions of these formats that KH:BBS had as a base? I believe that is how the content on the last couple of pages was achieved (could be wrong though....)
Sorakairi
ultra-n00b

Post by Sorakairi »

Farlavor wrote:Why MayBeePah???... Why????
I mean... WHY the heck you disappeared just when you made such a great progress????

I waited years for this... Entire years for the Dream eater models... and all you've got to rip are just plain human NPCs... Not a bad idea at all, becuz I'm interested on some of them... (A few of them)... But my interests focuses entirely on the dreameaters themselves... You started a project like this on both model resources and here... and now, you disappear mysteriously, like you were dead or kidnapped by the Yihadists... :x

Why should I be too unlucky just like this?. Who will be able to rip all those models if you aren't here? Who will help me to do that???... I cannot try something I never known to rip aside from Wii's BRRES and SZS or anything that Noesis could convert. So, BCSAR or wathever the file that contains the models is just a format that I am unable to convert or rip... and even if I can... I don't have the script to properly convert it to DAE for Cinema 4D, or even import it to 3DS Max... and I only have 2009 version... I may download any version but I must need what version is compatible with the script (Just in case is already available in public).

It's the eternal losing fight of my life... [bruce]

I hate people who never finish succesfully what they started... I would rip everything from KHDDD (Dreameaters, NPCS, Maps, Sounds, Voices, Music and even if I'd had the tools to do so... I would fan-translated the game in Spanish. 8) )... So... That kind of laziness just when we were having wet dreams about your ripped NPCs... and the 99% guarantee that Dreameaters will be next to be ripped... Absolutely disgusts me :twisted: .

Sorry for my rudeness... I'm so desperated... Yeah... Desperated. and even my mobile is mysteriously broken.
Ergo my rage increased up to astronomic levels... If I would be a kind of Saiyan... today I would be already on my first time becoming a supersaiyan 100000.
You can actually translate this game in spanish (and other languages, too... I'm working on the italian patch, we're almost done), there's already a patch in the works, so you may help them.
I coded all the tools to extract textures and texts. Don't ask me to work on 3D models, cause I have no time and I don't have much knowledge about 3D modeling.

Here's my blog to see some screenshots :

http://adf.ly/1CU2ac

See ya!
Last edited by Sorakairi on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truthkey
beginner

Post by Truthkey »

Sorakairi wrote:
Farlavor wrote:Why MayBeePah???... Why????
I mean... WHY the heck you disappeared just when you made such a great progress????

I waited years for this... Entire years for the Dream eater models... and all you've got to rip are just plain human NPCs... Not a bad idea at all, becuz I'm interested on some of them... (A few of them)... But my interests focuses entirely on the dreameaters themselves... You started a project like this on both model resources and here... and now, you disappear mysteriously, like you were dead or kidnapped by the Yihadists... :x

Why should I be too unlucky just like this?. Who will be able to rip all those models if you aren't here? Who will help me to do that???... I cannot try something I never known to rip aside from Wii's BRRES and SZS or anything that Noesis could convert. So, BCSAR or wathever the file that contains the models is just a format that I am unable to convert or rip... and even if I can... I don't have the script to properly convert it to DAE for Cinema 4D, or even import it to 3DS Max... and I only have 2009 version... I may download any version but I must need what version is compatible with the script (Just in case is already available in public).

It's the eternal losing fight of my life... [bruce]

I hate people who never finish succesfully what they started... I would rip everything from KHDDD (Dreameaters, NPCS, Maps, Sounds, Voices, Music and even if I'd had the tools to do so... I would fan-translated the game in Spanish. 8) )... So... That kind of laziness just when we were having wet dreams about your ripped NPCs... and the 99% guarantee that Dreameaters will be next to be ripped... Absolutely disgusts me :twisted: .

Sorry for my rudeness... I'm so desperated... Yeah... Desperated. and even my mobile is mysteriously broken.
Ergo my rage increased up to astronomic levels... If I would be a kind of Saiyan... today I would be already on my first time becoming a supersaiyan 100000.
You can actually translate this game in spanish (and other languages, too... I'm working on the italian patch, we're almost done), there's already a patch in the works, so you may help them.
I coded all the tools to extract textures and texts. Don't ask me to work on 3D models, cause I have no time and I don't have much knowledge about 3D modeling.

Here's my blog to see some screenshots :

https://deepdivetranslations.wordpress.com

See ya!
Would you mind sharing your tools? Or at least please tell me what format textures are in. I've tried parsing the data as indexed pixels but all I get is junky pictures that barely ressemble the original and I can't seem to find the palette anywhere in the texture. Are they compressed or encrypted in some way. Please enlighten me. xD
Sorakairi
ultra-n00b

Post by Sorakairi »

I can't share my tools yet, cause the italian and spanish translations have not been released.
There's no palette, the textures are direct colors and they are even tiled. You won't see anything until you deswizzle them, they actually don't follow a standard algorithm, but a variant one, and there are different pixel formats, so the only deswizzling doesn't solve everything.
KiRAfromYouTube
n00b

Post by KiRAfromYouTube »

myrzavkin, I downloaded the tool you provided but as I try to run the program, this error message pops-up that says,

"KingdomHeartsDDD_Toolset.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

I also try to run a command prompt but it gives me the same message as well. Is there any way for me to fix this or is there another KH3D toolset? BTW, I'm running an old operating system Windows XP SP1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

KiRAfromYouTube wrote:myrzavkin, I downloaded the tool you provided but as I try to run the program, this error message pops-up that says,

"KingdomHeartsDDD_Toolset.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

I also try to run a command prompt but it gives me the same message as well. Is there any way for me to fix this or is there another KH3D toolset? BTW, I'm running an old operating system Windows XP SP1.
That might be because the toolset was written for a x64 environment, If that isnt the case, maybe your system is lacking some of the required runtimes or is just that little bit too old to actually run it. I'd suggest installing windows XP Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 3 and if it still gives this message try getting the latest C++ runtime library update. If it persists after doing all that then it may be that as i said it was written for a 64bit (x64) system, or your OS is still just that little bit outdated for it to work.
KiRAfromYouTube
n00b

flarespire:- Okay, I'll try to upgrade my operating system and see if it works. Also, what's your operating system?
flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

KiRAfromYouTube wrote:flarespire:- Okay, I'll try to upgrade my operating system and see if it works. Also, what's your operating system?
I'm running Windows 7 64bit and I have not had a problem with the program.
Sorakairi
ultra-n00b

Post by Sorakairi »

Don't update your system if you don't want. I'll extract my code for the unpacker and repacker from my tool and release it as a stand alone program tomorrow or in the next days. I can't give you yet all the other things I've coded so far, though.
KiRAfromYouTube
n00b

Sorakairi:-Okay, noted. Also, I just mess around with the .bcstm files and I have this program which can play these files and convert it .WAV files. I think everyone knows what program that could play .bcstm files.
Sorakairi
ultra-n00b

Post by Sorakairi »

Hi guys, this is the small part of my tool that I was talking about.
As a small "gift" I've added the unpacking/repacking for ARC files, too.
It's a drag & drop tool, so just take your file and drop it into my .exe, it will open and show you a menu.
The rest is self-explanatory. :)
As for the repacking, just drag & drop the same file that you used during the unpacking.

http://adf.ly/1CU6ZI

P.S : Since this is not the complete tool anyone who wants to translate the game into his own language can contact me.

See ya!
Last edited by Sorakairi on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
KiRAfromYouTube
n00b

Sorakairi:- Thanks for sharing your tool. I'll try this one out and will update this post if I extract anything. Thanks again. :)
flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

So does anyone actually have any documentation on how formats like .pmo have changed in KH3D since their use in KHBBS? Might bring us a step closer to getting them viewable in a program like Noesis.