Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ninja Ripper

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
KillerSpring
ultra-n00b

Re: Ninja Ripper

Post by KillerSpring »

AlexNG wrote:I've been experimenting with Dark Souls and Ninja Ripper and found that it crashes when run on Linux under Wine. This happens because of this call, which is still there in the current version. I could not find any documentation that suggests that it is OK to pass NULL to SetGammaRamp as the ramp parameter, so I hesitate to call this a bug in Wine. Replacing this call with NOPs makes it work just fine.

Also, it seems that the ripper checks only 8 texture slots, when actually there are 16 or so. Judging by the shader code, Dark Souls actually puts a texture in slot 15 of some objects for some reason. It's probably just a light map or something similar though.

On the positive side, since I couldn't find a good blender importer for .rip files, I made a new script, and with the right parameters it seems to handle Dark Souls data correctly.

Edit: Here are the script settings for Dark Souls in case somebody is interested. For 'filter by shader inputs' to work you need to enable ripping "Shaders (for experts)" and import the files from the _NinjaRipper folder.
I installed the script but I can't find the settings, where is it?
AlexNG
n00b

Post by AlexNG »

KillerSpring wrote:I installed the script but I can't find the settings, where is it?
Same as with any other blender importer obviously: https://i.imgur.com/ynARv2r.png
ruadhs
ultra-n00b

Post by ruadhs »

I sent message to you

Check out message

Thanks you !
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

I don't know if goes by the topic, but thanks to NinjaRipper I was able to extract models from the Saint Seiya Soldier Soul on PC (on T-Pose and with texture but no bones)

I did even try with PCSX2 emu, both 0,09,8 and 1,4,0 and in both extract the same like with extract in .obj way with 9,8. But, with a better texture easy to resize and with the actual accurate Texture name for each mesh

The only problem, its the size proportion, its not like if were of Z and resize (which happen actually), but more in other way... like if it were resize from the middle of Z & X, that maybe the only problem, but its quiet useful, at least for PC that use Directx11.

I kind hope they made a plugging for the PCSX2 that its more friendly with NinjaRipper like what they did on Dolphin emulator
blackninja
veteran

Post by blackninja »

Version 1.5.2 available
http://cgig.ru/ninjaripper/
Ninja Ripper 2: https://ninjaripper.com/
lemurboy12
veteran

Post by lemurboy12 »

What was the bug that was fixed?
blackninja
veteran

Post by blackninja »

D3D11 internals patch VTBL on some cards/drivers and so mesh rip don't work.
Ninja Ripper 2: https://ninjaripper.com/
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Hey guys.

Has any of you encountered any issues running last v1.2 NFS World offline version, because I have tried every possible combination, and the NFS World wont load Ninja Ripper, I tried putting the offline server executable or the NFSW_Launcher.exe, all with various possible combinations, and still no result, depending on the combination, it either exports a log and no game data or not even the log, I'm stuck.

Any of you have more info as to why wont work?

cheers
ItchyDani3l
n00b

Post by ItchyDani3l »

Does anyone have any idea why some games result in T-pose ragdolls when being ripped? Also the textures seem to get messed up.
I used 1.5.1 for those rips.
wjh12338093
beginner

Post by wjh12338093 »

Interception of CE engine game model, Special is very black, is there a way to recover?
Bad English, I'm sorry
EGGO
ultra-n00b

Post by EGGO »

Maybe somebody can help with ripping android games from emulators like BlueStack or NOX? Any help appreciated)
Modman69
veteran

Post by Modman69 »

Can someone please consider making a Blender .rip model Importer?
A blender Importer would be so awesome!
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

Modman69
veteran

Post by Modman69 »

Wow! I totally missed both of those, I can't wait to try them out after work tonight.

Thanks for the links:)))))))))))))

I did try them both and this one (https://github.com/Dummiesman/RipImport) seems to have worked better for me as far as getting textures to work, but I couldn't figure out how to import more than 1 file at a time, is that possible?
NAVAZA
ultra-n00b

Post by NAVAZA »

What could be the reason why it doesn't on web browsers for me?
I'm trying to rip this model, but it's not working. Could someone give it a try, please?
http://es.wowhead.com/dressing-room#mV0 ... D808jLA87c

Thank you.