Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dark Souls FLV file

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
XiNAVRO
ultra-n00b

Re: Dark Souls FLV file

Post by XiNAVRO »

Fantastic work. Now, if the bone weighting / skeleton works with Noesis (or your custom application I gather?) then it would be much easier to use them for other stuff.
i.e. Garry's Mod, XNALara, Skyrim mods, etc...
Mireneye
ultra-n00b

Post by Mireneye »

Sorry to bother but... no news of this?
nyxo
advanced

Post by nyxo »

I've updated my signature to have a link to my twitter feed- that is where you can see more frequent updates on DSMODT, my Dark Souls Mod Tool. I'll still post here with major updates, but I don't want to hijack this thread- the topic should still remain about the file formats.

Alas, I realize that I haven't been posting much information about any file formats as of late, but that will come with time. My templates are in a constant state of flux, generally speaking. I'm not a big fan of having to frequently amend old documents, so I'd like to submit them in as finished a state as I can, so when they get to that point (or close enough) I'll be posting them for all to see. At the rate I've been going, I'm going to end up parsing ALL of the files used by the game. Most frequently, I've added the font files to my list of semi-parsed file formats.

Edit: Theoretically, with my templates that I eventually release, somebody could use them to modify the existing Noesis plugin to support bones/etc.
~Nyxo~
||| Twitter ||| Youtube |||
JohnHudeski
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JohnHudeski »

When i Use Rick's unpacker all i get are a bunch of unknowns

Code: Select all

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NAMCO BANDAI Games\DarkSouls\Tools\New folder\Gibbed.DarkSouls.Unpack\bin\Release\Gibbed.DarkSouls.Unpack.exe" -v dvdbnd0.bdt dvdbnd0
pause
When i use any other command i get
Warning: no active project loaded.?
whiteraven
ultra-n00b

Post by whiteraven »

JohnHudeski wrote:When i Use Rick's unpacker all i get are a bunch of unknowns

Code: Select all

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NAMCO BANDAI Games\DarkSouls\Tools\New folder\Gibbed.DarkSouls.Unpack\bin\Release\Gibbed.DarkSouls.Unpack.exe" -v dvdbnd0.bdt dvdbnd0
pause
When i use any other command i get
Warning: no active project loaded.?
I am getting the same, thing he said to put the directories in the repo but i have no idea what that means
Rick

Post by Rick »

Copy/move bin\projects to to Gibbed.DarkSouls.Unpack\bin\Release\projects or build the solution in Debug rather than Release so you get all of the executables in bin\.
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
whiteraven
ultra-n00b

Post by whiteraven »

Rick wrote:Copy/move bin\projects to to Gibbed.DarkSouls.Unpack\bin\Release\projects or build the solution in Debug rather than Release so you get all of the executables in bin\.
Okay so i got it to work, heres what you have to do.
first Download all his tools here "http://www.mediafire.com/?dxarranbataxrsa"
unzip them

goto "http://svn.gib.me/public/darksouls/trunk/bin/"
and make a copy of everything there in a file called projects. MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE SAME FILESTRUCTURE.. and then run your batch file.
After that find the file you want to look at and tell windows to open with the unbind.exe and that will create a file uncompressed
nyxo
advanced

Post by nyxo »

So I've developed this tool to help me with my development of DSMODT, and have been using it privately for a very long time now, but it seems to me that there's potential it can be quite useful to the general public as well. I've called it DSExplore, and the purpose of it is to provide a user-friendly means thru which to extract files from Dark Souls.

No command line, just double click the icon (you'll need to download/install the .NET 4.0 framework, if you don't have it already, to use it). Then select File | Open and browse to any Dark Souls archive or alternatively drag & drop a file from windows explorer onto the window.

Either select the file you want to extract (hold Ctrl to select multiple files), right click on one of them and select "Extract"; or click the "Extract All" button. Select a location to store the files, and let the program do the rest.

This works with *.BDT/*.BHD5, *.BDT/*.BHD, *.*BND, and *.TPF files.

Since this is a pre-release copy of the program, it's being provided "as-is", with no guarantee about it's ability to work in any way whatsoever, however at a later point, I hope to have it more polished up to make a more official and supported release.

Download here
~Nyxo~
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

Thanks nyxo, DSExplore works great! I'm looking forward to the release of DSMODT.

In the meantime, I figured out a lame workaround for the textures since I couldn't get chrrox's script to run, but I have an issue:

Does anyone know if there is a way to look at different UV channels in Noesis? I think that the UV channel that gets loaded with the current version of the Dark Souls flver plugin for Noesis is possibly the light map channel.
freakshow
beginner

Post by freakshow »

Thanks nyxo, any kind of 3ds max importer possible?
nyxo
advanced

Post by nyxo »

DSExplore is intended only to "explore" (hence the name) the Dark Souls archives, not to allow importing.
I'm working on cleaning up the DSMODT code so I can make a "viewer only" release of it, and then I'll continue my work of implementing the ability to save out custom Dark Souls Archives (it's partially complete, but I thought a "viewer" release would be appreciated while I finish that off...)
~Nyxo~
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

nyxo wrote:DSExplore is intended only to "explore" (hence the name) the Dark Souls archives, not to allow importing.
I'm working on cleaning up the DSMODT code so I can make a "viewer only" release of it, and then I'll continue my work of implementing the ability to save out custom Dark Souls Archives (it's partially complete, but I thought a "viewer" release would be appreciated while I finish that off...)
Good news. Will the "viewer only" release include the ability to export meshes with UV (to obj)?
nyxo
advanced

Post by nyxo »

No, it will act only only as a means to view the contents within the tool itself. I'm still working on making all of the data "savable", so anything that involves writing the data back out to your hard drive in any way will be a future release.
~Nyxo~
freakshow
beginner

Post by freakshow »

Eagerly waitin on the savable part nyxo
JohnHudeski
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JohnHudeski »

My stupid brain finally found a way to use Skyrim's animation modification system to extract and convert Dark souls animations

I needed to include the character's skeleton per animation package
hkxcmd exportkf "Skeleton.hkx" "a00" "a00_out"