Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

BIGFILE.000 - Deus Ex Human Revolution Unpack

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
TobyDG
ultra-n00b

Re: BIGFILE.000 - Deus Ex Human Revolution Unpack

Post by TobyDG »

Wow , you have been busy abadjpyo. Great job. I will start messing around with what you found after much needed school work and some more Dead Island time.
abadjpyo
n00b

Post by abadjpyo »

wutup guys.... i've been wondering does anyone know how to make it so that the silencer does not show up ingame (the texture) i don't like the way it looks and also I have original deus ex music which i like more than the human revolution track, i converted it to ogg but well, i'm lost as to how to put that in the game haha, anyone know?
thnx
abadjpyo
n00b

Post by abadjpyo »

howdy here with an update, its actually pretty easy changing the augmentations, remember edit with a hex editor the bigfile (the one with no numbers in the name) and look for the ACTUAL augmentation lines which usually have upgrade 1,2,3, depending on the augmentation if it has upgrades or not. anywho... i was playing around with fortify, press ctrl-f and put fortify, first it comes up with the main augmentation, we dont want that so press f3 (next) and you should end up with the specific upgrades, put whatever you want (the version 1,2 or 3) and right above the video/scaleform part for version 3 you will see a 3 (viewed in DECIMAL!!! very important) it is about the fifth column from the left and on the last row, change that 3 to whatever you like, for example, 6, you will now have 6 for fortify at level 3 upgrade... cheers, very easy stuff
lapdragon
beginner

Post by lapdragon »

abadjpyo wrote:remember edit with a hex editor the bigfile (the one with no numbers in the name)
I'd be careful editing the main bigfile - if you mess something up, you can't roll back your changes and will end up having to re-download the whole bigfile.000 through Steam.

That's why we've been taking the specific files we need out of the bigfile and inserting them into the patch - if you mess something up, it's easier to restore a backup of the patch file.
abadjpyo
n00b

Post by abadjpyo »

wutup, hey for anyone scared of editing the bigfile, its simple, instead of messing with the patch which is much more time consuming (). You simply edit the bigfile and press ctrl-f and you can easily find things, much faster than looking in the pc-w files and then putting them in a patch. Here's the deal, its quite simple really, I've been doing it without any hassles: SIMPLY MAKE A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL BIGFILE. there you go, i've been doing it without a minor hitch, luck peoples. (also you can copy down what values you change and revert them as if nothing happened, you pick your choice).
Rick

Post by Rick »

One extra step of having to pack the patch0 is not time consuming. It's one drag&drop of a directory.
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
thattrunkmonkey
ultra-n00b

Post by thattrunkmonkey »

So does anyone actually know where I could find the texture files/mouse cursors/images/ etc, or if it's even possible? I want to make an "Exler" operating system theme.
lapdragon
beginner

Post by lapdragon »

thattrunkmonkey wrote:So does anyone actually know where I could find the texture files/mouse cursors/images/ etc, or if it's even possible? I want to make an "Exler" operating system theme.
It's probably not going to be as simple as you're hoping - almost all of the textures are stored inside the .DRM container file that is the master to whatever element that the texture you want is a sub-element of.

You'll have to use the unpack tool to rip apart the bigfile.000, and then you can use the DRMEdit tool to look inside the DRM container files to find the textures that you want. I'll see if I can find the UI DRM files - I've got to unpack the game again first tho :-)
thattrunkmonkey
ultra-n00b

Post by thattrunkmonkey »

lapdragon wrote:
thattrunkmonkey wrote:So does anyone actually know where I could find the texture files/mouse cursors/images/ etc, or if it's even possible? I want to make an "Exler" operating system theme.
It's probably not going to be as simple as you're hoping - almost all of the textures are stored inside the .DRM container file that is the master to whatever element that the texture you want is a sub-element of.

You'll have to use the unpack tool to rip apart the bigfile.000, and then you can use the DRMEdit tool to look inside the DRM container files to find the textures that you want. I'll see if I can find the UI DRM files - I've got to unpack the game again first tho :-)
It certainly wouldn't go unappreciated if you did that for me! I was just hoping for someone to point me in the right direction on how I would go about doing all these things.

Now I just have to figure out why my Ubuntu install keeps crashing.
mnn
advanced

Post by mnn »

Rick wrote:One extra step of having to pack the patch0 is not time consuming. It's one drag&drop of a directory.
But you do need to modify bigfile.xml file, right? Otherwise the packer doesn't know about the new files in patch0.000 bigfile.
Rick

Post by Rick »

mnn wrote:But you do need to modify bigfile.xml file, right? Otherwise the packer doesn't know about the new files in patch0.000 bigfile.
Only once.

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
mnn
advanced

Post by mnn »

Rick wrote:Only once.
But, for each file you want to modify, right?
Rick

Post by Rick »

mnn wrote:But, for each file you want to modify, right?
Yes, if the file is not already a part of the patch0 archive.

lapdragon
beginner

Post by lapdragon »

abadjpyo wrote:wutup, hey for anyone scared of editing the bigfile, its simple, instead of messing with the patch which is much more time consuming (). You simply edit the bigfile and press ctrl-f and you can easily find things, much faster than looking in the pc-w files and then putting them in a patch. Here's the deal, its quite simple really, I've been doing it without any hassles: SIMPLY MAKE A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL BIGFILE. there you go, i've been doing it without a minor hitch, luck peoples. (also you can copy down what values you change and revert them as if nothing happened, you pick your choice).
The other advantage to using the patch0.000 is that you can share your work - nobody's going to want to download the massive bigfile.000 archives just to get at a mod. If you pack it up into the patch, then you are more likely to get users. Additionally (and especially for DXHR), when there's not a SDK for a game, we end up having to build custom mods, so you can distribute just the parts that you change, then a user can pack their own mods, so that you can have my inventory mod, along with somebody else's no-intro mod, and Rick's debug mod, along with your HP or aug mods all in one pack.

On top of that, if I wanted to use your mod specifically, I can't - I'm not willing to permanently mod my bigfile.000, and without knowing which DRM you modified I can't replicate it at my end in the patch0.000.

Do a little homework and unpack the archive, figure out what you're modifying specifically, and then other people would be more willing to enjoy your work.