Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
SWTOR fan
veteran

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by SWTOR fan »

By the way, have you already tried to replace the file extension of the known audio files (".wav") with ".wem"? This may give you some new file names.

Also, you could try loading the file names from http://www.sendspace.com/file/ykt0va into your program and see if there are new ones among them. I created this list based on a very old beta archive that still contained the file names (see page 2/3 for more information), so there may be some new file names if they are still valid.
Rick

Post by Rick »

SWTOR fan wrote:By the way, have you already tried to replace the file extension of the known audio files (".wav") with ".wem"? This may give you some new file names.

Also, you could try loading the file names from http://www.sendspace.com/file/ykt0va into your program and see if there are new ones among them. I created this list based on a very old beta archive that still contained the file names (see page 2/3 for more information), so there may be some new file names if they are still valid.
Pretty sure I imported that list at some point.

Now at 135041/364793 (37%).

edit: removed old file
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
stalja
beginner

Post by stalja »

I can compile a list of item icon filenames if you are interested.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sure. How are you doing that? I haven't look at any of the data files yet myself so I've been operating purely off of what the game accesses.

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Looks like that p2v format mentioned earlier is still in active use, just not for the normal data archives. The game creates and uses a file called swtor\DiskCacheArena which has that format.

Rick

Post by Rick »

Now at 176052/364793 (48%).

edit: removed old file

tolocago
ultra-n00b

Post by tolocago »

Hi all!

Someone know how to edit .stb files?

Reading at them I can see that:
"gameoptions.stb"

Code: Select all

01 00 00 05
05 for the five terms in it: Options Cancel Game_Exit Logout Preferences

00 00 00 01 
Introduce the first String "Options"

00 00 00 86 8a 03 00 41 01 00 00 80 3f 07 00 00 00 89 00 00 00 07
"00 00 00 86 8a 03 00 41 01 00 00 80 3f " its like a general text for all strings, repeat always.
"07 00 00 00 89 00 00 00 07" and 07 its like the 7 letters of "Options" (Cancel and Logout have both a 06 for example).
The 89 of "07 00 00 00 89 00 00 00 07" I dont know what its talking about.

¿And maybe someone know hot to make the game reading a .stb modified file?

Thanks all.
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

Finally I got my own MYP reader working and can start analysing the files.

Thank you very much for finding out the file names, Rick! They're helping a lot with the analysis.
Because of them, I now know that the "WEM file archives" have the file extension "*.acb". I'll update my specification accordingly.
tolocago wrote:Hi all!
Someone know how to edit .stb files?
Those "*.stb" files seem to be the "Unknown string list files" I wrote about earlier, but the format has changed slightly. I will post an updated specification soon.

Also, here are some XML files from an earlier beta version. I hope they will help in analysing the bucket files. I have not yet found out which XML files were removed and which are still in there so I will post some more XML files when I know more.
Also, I put in the archive most of the FQNs (see http://wiki.heroengine.com/wiki/FQN for more information). Since the FQNs relate to the file names in some way (like cnv.alien_vo.evocii.m_low → /resources/en-us/bnk2/cnv_alien_vo_evocii_m_low.acb), this hopefully will get us some more file names.
Download here: EDIT: Link removed.

EDIT: Post restored with download link removed to comply with new forum rules.
Last edited by SWTOR fan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick

Post by Rick »

SWTOR fan wrote:I hope they will help in analysing the bucket files
It turns out there is actually a tool called NodeViewer which can view those files: http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Ri ... 81#pid5081. I'm very curious where that tool came from.

SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

Thanks for sharing that link, Rick! It seems like they have been working on the beta files since August, no wonder they are this far.
That NodeViewer will help us a lot in figuring out the format of the bucket files, and maybe we can use the Hero.dll for a TOR viewer.
nicoli_s
advanced

Post by nicoli_s »

has anyone else gotten that nodeviewer to work? just crashes for me
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

nicoli_s wrote:has anyone else gotten that nodeviewer to work? just crashes for me
Yes, you can fix the program by opening the file NodeViewer.exe.config in Notepad or a Hex editor.

In the file, you will find the line:

<add key="AssetsPath" value="C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Star Wars\Assets" />
Now you have to update the path to point to the folder where you installed SWTOR. If you used the default folder, you can use this line:

<add key="AssetsPath" value="C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\Assets" />
Once you save the file you can start NodeViewer.exe and the program will search for the nodes and prototypes contained in the asset files.

Please tell us if you need any additional help. :)
nicoli_s
advanced

Post by nicoli_s »

edit:scratch that, was trying to load an old build, i have like 7 copies of swtor installed :P
ibbyes
ultra-n00b

Post by ibbyes »

NodeViewer.exe and Hero.dll decompiled source code attached for those interested in how exactly it works but don't have the tools to do the decompilation themselves.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SWTOR fan
veteran

Post by SWTOR fan »

ibbyes wrote:NodeViewer.exe and Hero.dll decompiled source code attached for those interested in how exactly it works but don't have the tools to do the decompilation themselves.
Wow, that's great! Thank you very much for releasing it. :D

However, I am wondering since I always thought that a compiled program cannot be reverted to its original source code. So is this actually possible, or did you have the original source code?