Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by ZeroGravitas »

A quick question about SWTOR's native objects' absolute scale and Noesis:

I notice that, when converting from .gr2 to .obj, the resulting objects appear to be scaled down to a tenth of their "real world" size (assuming 1 unit is 1 metre). I can add a scaling command during batch conversions to compensate instead of correcting that in Blender, so that's not too much of a problem, but I was wondering if this was because of the way the game assets are stored or out of Noesis' or the SWTOR plugin's behaviour.

Edit: Could a variant of Noesis' SWTOR plugin be made that limits itself to converting meshes and prescinds of checking associated texture files and the like, to speed up simple batch-conversion of the whole game's 3D assets from .gr2 to .obj? If it could also omit warnings of conversion failures and just continue working it would be a godsend (I'm having to use AutoHotKey to autoclick the warning dialogs away, which makes the PC unusable while it's working on that).
RealymanLP
advanced

Post by RealymanLP »

Hashlist and filenames updated to PTS 6.0 #28 https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
German SWTOR YouTuber
Discord: RealygirlLP#7726 SWTOR referral link
RealymanLP
advanced

Post by RealymanLP »

Hey SWTOR-Friends,

since yesterday 6.0 is available to download. You can use the predownloader, if you have a non-bitraider launcher, to download it now.

I already mined this update, but didn't found much new.
But I created a new hash and filename list anyway for you: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I also created a playlist on youtube with all of my Datamining Videos of 6.0. Also feel free to take a look at this reddit post by me.

Greetings
-RealymanLP
German SWTOR YouTuber
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

Thank you for all the effort :) I'll give it all a look
wawawawawawa
ultra-n00b

Post by wawawawawawa »

is there an off-line mode or emulator for swtor? even if it's WIP
RealymanLP
advanced

Post by RealymanLP »

Hey wawawawawawa
Currently I know nothing about that. Sorry.
German SWTOR YouTuber
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

I just found this by sheer chance. It might be of some use.

CINEMATIC CHARACTER LIGHTING IN STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC

It's a PDF of a presentation on the subject, 156 slides long. It explains several of the tricks they use at the shader level and the like to personalize each planet's environment lighting, simulate bounce light, rim light, certain specularity nuances, depth of field, etc.
Xorras
ultra-n00b

Post by Xorras »

Does anyone know if there is a texture somewhere for high poly station (imp/rep fleet station i mean) model?
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

Xorras wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:23 amDoes anyone know if there is a texture somewhere for high poly station (imp/rep fleet station i mean) model?
At resources > art > static > vehicle > neutral > texture there are several textures whose names start with "veh_neu_space_station" that could be what you are looking for.

The model they seem to be related to, called veh_neu_space_station.gr2, is at a lower directory level, at:
art > static > vehicle > neutral
toomanyluigis
ultra-n00b

Post by toomanyluigis »

Im trying to edit the jetpack nodes on some armors but even swapping models in game seems to have no affect. Does anyone know where the jetpack nodes are stored for armors?
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

No idea, I'm afraid :(
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

I'm kind of making sense of NodeViewer's info on Players Characters' appearance and how it relates to the Character Creator's sliders. It's a chore because one can't dump the app's listings into a text file where to tidy things up, so one has to go back and forth a lot.

Unless there is some way to dump it?
RealymanLP
advanced

Post by RealymanLP »

German SWTOR YouTuber
DarthAtroxa
ultra-n00b

Post by DarthAtroxa »

ZeroGravitas wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:11 pm I'm kind of making sense of NodeViewer's info on Players Characters' appearance and how it relates to the Character Creator's sliders. It's a chore because one can't dump the app's listings into a text file where to tidy things up, so one has to go back and forth a lot.

Have you tried right clicking on a node in the left hand pane and selecting extract? This will usually output the contents of that node(s) to CSV file(s) in the "extracted" folder in the NodeViewer folder. :-D
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

DarthAtroxa wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:06 pm
ZeroGravitas wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:11 pm I'm kind of making sense of NodeViewer's info on Players Characters' appearance and how it relates to the Character Creator's sliders. It's a chore because one can't dump the app's listings into a text file where to tidy things up, so one has to go back and forth a lot.

Have you tried right clicking on a node in the left hand pane and selecting extract? This will usually output the contents of that node(s) to CSV file(s) in the "extracted" folder in the NodeViewer folder. :-D
Can I marry you :) ? You just saved me from a slow, torturous death-by-copy-pasting (seriously, I was just starting to try to make a spreadsheet out of that, and dreading the whole thing).

Are there more tricks I should know? I tried to learn more about how NodeViewer works, but I didn't find anything.