Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Ferouc
beginner

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Ferouc »

Yes I could say where the files are located, but I have no desire to do this.
I used the method I posted a few days ago and found the models within two minutes.
(I did this to test myself and my method)

The models are number 59 and 60 in the ord mantel area.dat.
This is all you get from me.

Your behavior is very disappointing.
You found this topic and instead of reading all the previous posts you ask directly for solutions.
I always try to help, but I don't do the work for you.
AkenStyle
n00b

Post by AkenStyle »

Ferouc wrote:Yes I could say where the files are located, but I have no desire to do this.
I used the method I posted a few days ago and found the models within two minutes.
(I did this to test myself and my method)

The models are number 59 and 60 in the ord mantel area.dat.
This is all you get from me.

Your behavior is very disappointing.
You found this topic and instead of reading all the previous posts you ask directly for solutions.
I always try to help, but I don't do the work for you.

Sorry but i'am not an expert like you, and the forum is to help people. :roll:
thealgerianprince
ultra-n00b

Post by thealgerianprince »

Hey i was wondering, has Senya's lightsaber pike been found yet. That is one weapon i'd really like. I looked through all the weapon files but couldn't find it. There is a possibility it's not dehashed yet since 8512/8629 are done and if so can someone please work on dehashing the last 117.
Also i'm having trouble finding armor sets, i'm looking for Thexan's Set, Satele's Set and Lana's Set. Could you locate these files or instruct me on how to find them.
AkenStyle
n00b

Post by AkenStyle »

hi, in the folder (ASSETS) of the game i have found the file swtor_en-us_area_ord_mantell_1.tor
Inside this file there are 2 format type

1) = .acb
2) = .fxe

I read on another post that the .acb files are audio files, and the .fxe file are facial animations
are true these informations?

And what type of sound there are in the .acb files? fx effect? music? voices? ambiental sound? what?
Ferouc
beginner

Post by Ferouc »

AkenStyle wrote:hi, in the folder (ASSETS) of the game i have found the file swtor_en-us_area_ord_mantell_1.tor

1) = .acb
2) = .fxe

I read on another post that the .acb files are audio files, and the .fxe file are facial animations

And what type of sound there are in the .acb files? fx effect? music? voices? ambiental sound? what?
I don't know anything about the audio files.
thealgerianprince wrote:Hey i was wondering, has Senya's lightsaber pike been found yet. That is one weapon i'd really like. I looked through all the weapon files but couldn't find it. There is a possibility it's not dehashed yet since 8512/8629 are done and if so can someone please work on dehashing the last 117.
Also i'm having trouble finding armor sets, i'm looking for Thexan's Set, Satele's Set and Lana's Set. Could you locate these files or instruct me on how to find them.
Are you serious? I've worked for hours on the weapon asset and this 117 files are the remaining trash. Most of the files are effects, only a hand full are weapons. There are two Zakul shields, one in white the other in the normal color, one very old rifle wich is also stored in two other locations, one very old sniper rifle, one npc rifle, one npc electro staff and one part of an assault cannon. There is no unnamed saber!
You can find a description how to find clothing pieces a few pages above. Please read this first and ask when there are open questions. And don't ask me to search for files.
AkenStyle
n00b

Post by AkenStyle »

Ferouc wrote:
AkenStyle wrote:hi, in the folder (ASSETS) of the game i have found the file swtor_en-us_area_ord_mantell_1.tor

1) = .acb
2) = .fxe

I don't know anything about the audio files.
thealgerianprince wrote:Hey i was wondering, has Senya's lightsaber pike been found yet. That is one weapon i'd really like. I looked through all the weapon files but couldn't find it. There is a possibility it's not dehashed yet since 8512/8629 are done and if so can someone please work on dehashing the last 117.
Are you serious? I've worked for hours on the weapon asset and this 117 files are the remaining trash. Most of the files are effects, only a hand full are weapons. There are two Zakul shields, one in white the other in the normal color, one very old rifle wich is also stored in two other locations, one very old sniper rifle, one npc rifle, one npc electro staff and one part of an assault cannon. There is no unnamed saber!
You can find a description how to find clothing pieces a few pages above. Please read this first and ask when there are open questions. And don't ask me to search for files.

I'm interested only one thing: where are all the 3d models and the textures of the planet ord mantell (houses, bases, structures, trees, cannons etc...) ? In the file swtor_main_area_ord_mantell_1.tor ? :read:
Ferouc
beginner

Post by Ferouc »

I don't know in which assets the files are and I don't need this information.
I've extract all assets so I have access to all files.

I took a short look into the ord_mantel asset. There are some models but not much.

/resources/world/areas/XXX
this is the path where all area information are stored. Each area has it's own id/folder.
In each folder there should be a subfolder containing the images for the maps, so you can identify the area.
In the area-id-folder is a file named area.dat. This file contain every model name and location used in this area.

When you have the model you can open it with noesis. Use the data viewer to get the name of the used mat file.
All mat files are located in /resources/art/shader/material/.
In this file you find all information for the textures. (Noesis import them automatical if they are extracted)

I hope this helps.
AkenStyle
n00b

Post by AkenStyle »

Ferouc wrote:I don't know in which assets the files are and I don't need this information.
I've extract all assets so I have access to all files.

I took a short look into the ord_mantel asset. There are some models but not much.

/resources/world/areas/XXX
this is the path where all area information are stored. Each area has it's own id/folder.
In each folder there should be a subfolder containing the images for the maps, so you can identify the area.
In the area-id-folder is a file named area.dat. This file contain every model name and location used in this area.

When you have the model you can open it with noesis. Use the data viewer to get the name of the used mat file.
All mat files are located in /resources/art/shader/material/.
In this file you find all information for the textures. (Noesis import them automatical if they are extracted)

I hope this helps.
ah, ok thanks :keke:
Phrisou
ultra-n00b

Post by Phrisou »

Hello i'm new , may you explain me how to export the skeleton of a model ? Because I have exported HK-55 model and he has not his skeleton , I know how to add it manually in blender but it's long , if I had the skeleton file it would be faster.

Sorry for my english
Ferouc
beginner

Post by Ferouc »

Hi,

the easiest way to export the model and the skeleton is to open both together and export then.
To open all models together, copy them into a seperate folder, then you create a txt file and name it like one of the files.
Open the txt and type in all files you want to open. One name per line.
I'm not sure if you need the filepath of the files. If it doesn't work without, try with the path.

To open them, open the file you have used for the name for the txt. Noesis should open all files.
When you export the new model, you get one file with multible meshes.

The skeleton model is another gr2 file. I don't knwo where they are, but i've seen this a long time ago. Use the windows search function and search for skeleton.
KaosXIV
ultra-n00b

Post by KaosXIV »

It's been a while.
Anybody found anything new about the heigtmaps?

Really hoping to get a map viewer working at somepoint, I can get all the art assets loaded minus the terrain.
Talgalar
ultra-n00b

Post by Talgalar »

Hi,

Is there a solution about the problem with diffuse texture ? (page 15)
Maybe it's writte on this page but I'm not english so maybe I made a bad translation and didn't find what I was looking for :)
CaptnKoda
ultra-n00b

Post by CaptnKoda »

Hello! I just wanna start by saying thank you to everyone that added their own advice into this forum.. You've helped me a ton in creating some images, and I appreciate it a lot! :D I just have a few questions/problems.

1. Is there any quicker way to finding a chest piece than looking through all the chest .gr2 files and hoping to find it? It's a really long winded way to do and it seems inefficient.
2. Has anyone gotten the normal maps to function yet? The colour is all off for them, and they're completely unusable. I think the topic was already brought up before, but all of the technical stuff went over my head. Same goes for all the other texture maps. I'm not quite sure how to utilise them, so any renders look really flat and dull
3. How would I go ahead getting the exact colours in game? Like, when you dye a chest-piece in-game and it dyes certain parts either the primary or secondary colour. Is there anyway to do that? I've been manually retexturing in photoshop so far which isn't always accurate.

Again, I appreciate y'all helping with this program. Cheers :)
Ferouc
beginner

Post by Ferouc »

Hi,

I can't say anything about 2 and 3.
Regarding topic 1: At first, I would copy out only one bodytype, so you have a lot smaler amount of files.
Open the index.xml files in the chest folder. This files contains all chest combinations in the game. From here its trail and error.
There are a few hints in the names. Names with BH or TR will never be a robe.
BH is Bountyhunter
TR is trooper

The lates armor set won't be the one with the lowest counter.

There is no list like. Imp trooper armor has item id xyz in the index.xml.
But I would be happy, when you create one.

Best regards,
Ferouc
CaptnKoda
ultra-n00b

Post by CaptnKoda »

Yo,

I found out how to fix the normal maps so they can be used. I'm really bad at explaining things with typing, so I went ahead and made a YouTube video to show what to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91X4zldVzVc
Glad I can give a lil' back to the forum that helped me this far :P