Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

MSET RESEARCH PROJECT + FILES UPLOADED + SOURCES

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: MSET RESEARCH PROJECT + FILES UPLOADED + SOURCES

Post by Mirrorman95 »

In the meantime, a while ago Truthkey said he would try to make an OBJ2PMO program, but he didn't have documentation on the PMO file structure. When I suggested asking Revelation, he said he didn't think it was right as he had already asked him to create PAM and PMP plugins for BBS animations and maps, respectively. Although, technically, you could just break apart a PMP and recombine it with his program, you still couldn't see how all the pieces line up.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
Xemnass
advanced

Post by Xemnass »

Mirrorman95 wrote:In the meantime, a while ago Truthkey said he would try to make an OBJ2PMO program, but he didn't have documentation on the PMO file structure. When I suggested asking Revelation, he said he didn't think it was right as he had already asked him to create PAM and PMP plugins for BBS animations and maps, respectively. Although, technically, you could just break apart a PMP and recombine it with his program, you still couldn't see how all the pieces line up.
Yhea... Anyway... I was thinking about one things:
When we export the map we have "2 problem":
Some transparent Texture: ( Which i solved =D )
And the weather environment.....

Anybody know here how to "move the water"?....

However a things that i noticed, tab the only model that have some kinda of problem whit the instructions is only the ANB only a few "normal model" make some Error of instruction =D XD =D =D =D =D
My Signature:

Image Image Image

動力 馳森林熾!!! __物昨森林棋?!
UltimateSora
beginner

Post by UltimateSora »

Hi, I've read every page of this topic. But I haven't figured out how You get the KH2 animations into Noesis? I put Sora's mdlx, mset and aset all into the same folder. But when I load the mdlx into Noesis it doesn't have any animations. :( What am I suppose to do?

Thanks. :]
Xemnass
advanced

Post by Xemnass »

Did you replaced the plugin whit the new beta plugin of Revelations? ( download/file.php?id=4632 ) ???
My Signature:

Image Image Image

動力 馳森林熾!!! __物昨森林棋?!
UltimateSora
beginner

Post by UltimateSora »

Xemnass wrote:Did you replaced the plugin whit the new beta plugin of Revelations? ( download/file.php?id=4632 ) ???
Thanks, that worked. :mrgreen: I guess I missed that part. :P
Xemnass
advanced

Post by Xemnass »

UltimateSora wrote:
Xemnass wrote:Did you replaced the plugin whit the new beta plugin of Revelations? ( download/file.php?id=4632 ) ???
Thanks, that worked. :mrgreen: I guess I missed that part. :P
Happying That I Helped You =D =D =D =D =D
My Signature:

Image Image Image

動力 馳森林熾!!! __物昨森林棋?!
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

I've found a bug with ASET exporting, it won't export animations that only have 1 frame.

I've been trying to export ETT11711E.anb inside p_ex110 in the Twilight Town folder.

Do I need to upload the anb?
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

If it only has one frame, couldn't you just take a 3D capture? Or would that screw up the model? Come to mention it, the ASET exporter on the whole is not entirely complete. There are several instances where it just won't transpose the animations. Perhaps someone could fix it, and since it's in C# or C++ or whatever, it's totally decompilable and editable with a C-something editor. I'm pretty sure Revelation already had to do that in order to modify the program at all, so we just have to go in there, identify the problem, and fix it. But since I really only know Java, and not C-based languages, nor do I understand any programming involving 3D model formats, I would be as usual completely useless to such an endeavor. I really only come here because other people can make programs, and I can fully utilize them in going over hundreds of files.
So yeah, it's not complete, but it shouldn't be too hard for someone with basic knowledge of this version of C and such 3D programming skills, like kkdf2 or revelation, to fix it.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Mirrorman95 wrote:If it only has one frame, couldn't you just take a 3D capture? Or would that screw up the model? Come to mention it, the ASET exporter on the whole is not entirely complete. There are several instances where it just won't transpose the animations. Perhaps someone could fix it, and since it's in C# or C++ or whatever, it's totally decompilable and editable with a C-something editor. I'm pretty sure Revelation already had to do that in order to modify the program at all, so we just have to go in there, identify the problem, and fix it. But since I really only know Java, and not C-based languages, nor do I understand any programming involving 3D model formats, I would be as usual completely useless to such an endeavor. I really only come here because other people can make programs, and I can fully utilize them in going over hundreds of files.
So yeah, it's not complete, but it shouldn't be too hard for someone with basic knowledge of this version of C and such 3D programming skills, like kkdf2 or revelation, to fix it.
It is occasionally entertaining to read the ideas some of you guys have about this whole process. Entertaining in the "hahaha, wow, no" sort of way.

Native binary is not decompilable and editable with a C-something editor, unless you want to end up with a potentially even more horrifying (and likely not compilable) mess than you'd get just going through x86/MIPS/etc. disassembly. C# binary (as used with the .NET framework, at least) is something completely different. That said, revelation is a perfectly nice fellow, and would likely be happy to share his plugin source with anyone who had a mind to do something meaningful with it. The sad reality, however, is that no one else is likely to actually accomplish anything with it.

As far as I know revelation also didn't have to decompile anything in the way of C# programs, or in the way of any other thirdparty program. I believe he's figured out all of the KH formats himself (from staring at the file binary and/or disassembling the actual game's PS2 binary) and/or possibly with some written spec info/code, and of course, the Noesis plugin source is included in every version of Noesis so he certainly didn't have to decompile anything there.

Also, to be frank, it requires something fairly well beyond basic 3D knowledge to handle these animations, especially without a spec laid out in front of you. Not only are you having to duplicate the logic behind an IK-driven animation system, you're having to do so without even being entirely sure what the data you're working with is supposed to be as it pertains to said system. revelation remains your best candidate here, but I don't think decompiled and mangled C# codebases are really going to help him out.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

We're not really talking about the plugin code, but yes, I really have no idea how any of this works.
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

Wow I leave for a couple months and come back and find this! Amazing!

I'm wondering where the ASET files are located though. I used kh2dumperx but it didn't dump any of them. Are they inside of another file format?
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

No, you've to use Revelation's version of khkh_xldMii to convert mset to aset, then you can view and export :)
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

ultimaespio wrote:No, you've to use Revelation's version of khkh_xldMii to convert mset to aset, then you can view and export :)
Thanks!

EDIT: Durr, ran into a wall again. When I use khdumperx, the 'anm' folder is never dumped. When I use Yaz0r's most recent verison of his dumper, it only dumps two files called 'main.csv' and 'ovl.csv', but his older version works fine (but only dumps the 'obj' folder with the mdlx and mset files.

Anyone run into anything like this?
Xemnass
advanced

Post by Xemnass »

SoftIce wrote:
ultimaespio wrote:No, you've to use Revelation's version of khkh_xldMii to convert mset to aset, then you can view and export :)
Thanks!

EDIT: Durr, ran into a wall again. When I use khdumperx, the 'anm' folder is never dumped. When I use Yaz0r's most recent verison of his dumper, it only dumps two files called 'main.csv' and 'ovl.csv', but his older version works fine (but only dumps the 'obj' folder with the mdlx and mset files.

Are you wure of this things?.. Mhm.... it loks like so strange... Are you sure you do the extraction progress as the readme file say?
My Signature:

Image Image Image

動力 馳森林熾!!! __物昨森林棋?!
kkdf2
beginner

Post by kkdf2 »

Hi.
SoftIce wrote:EDIT: Durr, ran into a wall again. When I use khdumperx, the 'anm' folder is never dumped. When I use Yaz0r's most recent verison of his dumper, it only dumps two files called 'main.csv' and 'ovl.csv', but his older version works fine (but only dumps the 'obj' folder with the mdlx and mset files.

I checked it just now. The usage differs:

---
v0.4 usage: Yaz0r's most recent verison

Code: Select all

KH2Dump.exe D:
---
v0.1 usage: his older version works

Code: Select all

KH2Dump.exe D:\KH2
D: is your media drive holding KH2/fm !

---
off-topic: how about frontend for 3 extractors?
- yaz0r's (version variants)
- falo's
- kkdf2's

sample screen shot http://kkdf2.sakura.ne.jp/pcsx2lair/kh2exfe.png

Thanks