Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Archive X

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

The library I use for images does not support flipping on save for DDS files. I do flip it inside the program, only because it is more aesthetically pleasing to look at. However, if you "Export As" another file type, it will save the flipped version. But, you will not be able to use that with the model file, because it exports the model file expecting to use the flipped DDS texture.

I'll put the Black Flag MP files on my "Look At" list for when I get back into this. If I remember correctly, the AC3 MP files don't use the same format as the single-player files, so this may be the same case for AC4.

Thanks for your support,

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
loriscangini
advanced

Post by loriscangini »

Hi!

Will AC Unity be supported as well?

I've seen that the actual version can open the forge files but every time you try to see something inside one of them you'll get an Exception
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

I thought the format in Unity would change considering the new graphics and all... but if ArchiveX will be able to open and extract the files, well, of course that would be amazing :D
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

loriscangini wrote:Hi!

Will AC Unity be supported as well?

I've seen that the actual version can open the forge files but every time you try to see something inside one of them you'll get an Exception
RunaWhite wrote:I thought the format in Unity would change considering the new graphics and all... but if ArchiveX will be able to open and extract the files, well, of course that would be amazing :D
Yes the format has changed, but I haven't had the time to look at or do anything about it yet. I've only got a couple hours in playing the game and I want to play a little longer before I start digging into forge file.

So give me about a week or so.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

Take your time MDA! We appreciate what you did so far and will do. Have fun playing the new AC games for now :)

(about Rogue, I suppose you will need the PC files, right? Which will be available in 2015)
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

ARchive_neXt Coming Soon!!!

Because the only thing that remains the same is change.

● Support for Assassin's Creed Unity.
● Model Viewing... once again.

● Plus everything you remember from ArchiveX

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
misterknister
ultra-n00b

Post by misterknister »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:Because the only thing that remains the same is change.

● Support for Assassin's Creed Unity.
● Model Viewing... once again.

● Plus everything you remember from ArchiveX

--MDA
Thank you very much for the update! Will it be possible, sometime in the future, to edit the archives like Maki did? With this, one could possibly make an economy version of ACU for not-so-good-down-of-the-line-PC's.
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

OMG MDA, you're great! Honestly I was afraid that ACU models were not so easy to extract because of the next gen switch, but I can't wait!

One question though, just out of curiosity (and I am sorry if that has been asked already): are the skeleton and vertex groups so hard to get? Not that I mind because I can rig the characters myself, but let's say it would be less time consuming :P

Again thank you for your work on ArchiveX!
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

misterknister wrote:Thank you very much for the update! Will it be possible, sometime in the future, to edit the archives like Maki did? With this, one could possibly make an economy version of ACU for not-so-good-down-of-the-line-PC's.
Wasn't aware that Maki was able to do that, of course, I also never tried. And even though, from what I've been able to find, it's stated that Maki should be able to replace models and textures, what you are talking about would be a replacement of the game's engine to enable it to run on a lower-end machine. I don't see that as being possible.

RunaWhite wrote:One question though, just out of curiosity (and I am sorry if that has been asked already): are the skeleton and vertex groups so hard to get? Not that I mind because I can rig the characters myself, but let's say it would be less time consuming :P
I've found bone and weight information for some models. So in theory, I could skin a model. The bigger issue is the skeleton, which I have yet to pin down. I have a couple of prospects, as in file types I need to look into further.

Thanks for your support,

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
stVALVe
beginner

Post by stVALVe »

Very cool! Thx!
And will it support another Ubisoft games? Watchdogs, GRFS:Phantoms?
misterknister
ultra-n00b

Post by misterknister »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote: Wasn't aware that Maki was able to do that, of course, I also never tried. And even though, from what I've been able to find, it's stated that Maki should be able to replace models and textures, what you are talking about would be a replacement of the game's engine to enable it to run on a lower-end machine. I don't see that as being possible.
I thought of reducing the amount of polygons or, if sometime level editing is accessible, removing objects from the map.
stVALVe wrote:Very cool! Thx!
Watch Dogs has already a working unpacker and uses a different engine, so I guess not, they're available in this forum: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11602&start=15 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11534 etc.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

stVALVe wrote:Very cool! Thx!
I don't own Watchdogs, yet. Even if I do get it, I probably will not do anything for it seeing as how someone else is already working on it. Can't find much on GRFS:Phantoms, other than it's a Steam title. However, if it's anything like Ghost Recon Phantoms (formerly Ghost Recon Online), it's unlikely I'll be doing anything with that. I didn't like the way GRO split the assets, too complicated. For the time being, ARchive_neXt will stick to the games using forge files. In the future it may expand to other games.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

First Unity model
Nothing special. Still working on the format. This is the first one when I thought there were only slight changes from the Black Flag format. Other models have shown there were more significant changes I needed to make. Also I have found two other model formats, and a disturbing gap of repetitive face index information that screws up some of the models.
Pretty bad in some cases

Stay tuned...

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

Keep up the awesome work, MDA :)
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Figured out my display issue is caused by the DirectX model file that I create for viewing not a face index issue. But once imported into 3DSMax the model looks fine, provided you "Export As" OBJ or ARX. The X format has an issue with some of the multi-mesh AC:Unity models that does not appear in the previous games.

This is the screwed up model from above exported using my ARX format and imported into 3DSMax. I will be releasing an ARX Importer for 3DSMax once I release ARchive_neXt.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience