Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Darko »

kokuto wrote:
Darko wrote:how did you get those keys??
for failed tmc/tmcl

tmc/tmcl from memory dump
1. extract tmc/tmcl from memory dump
2. wash the tmc
3. zlib-compress the tmc/tmcl
tmc/tmcl from dlc
1. extract tmc/tmcl from dlc

xor them -> xor "Except as ..." string
I forgot to ask, by what value we need to xor??
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

kokuto wrote:
Darko wrote:how did you get those keys??
for failed tmc/tmcl

tmc/tmcl from memory dump
1. extract tmc/tmcl from memory dump
2. wash the tmc
3. zlib-compress the tmc/tmcl
tmc/tmcl from dlc
1. extract tmc/tmcl from dlc

xor them -> xor "Except as ..." string
Thanks for explaining that. I'm still a noob on the zlib stuff. Is that the actual app name or do I need a utility for that?

Also, what do you mean by wash?
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

doa5Uarchivarius(v16) you need python from 'python.org' to run this

tough it's for extracting single files, i added a "export all" button, and attention, what this button does, is extracts all the files filtered by the search entry(like you search for kasumi then hit 'export all' and it exports only casumi's files, or you search for some filename extension and export all files of a certain type), and coz i couldn't speed up more the xor/unzip functions, exporting all files will take you a hell a lot of time.

i think some filenames are wrong. i'll fix this tomorow...

please report the files it can't unpack(returning a 'key error'). and, somebody, test the 'swap' function for DLCU costumes

also have anyone tested my script for cleaning the memory dumped tmc files?
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

b0ny wrote:doa5Uarchivarius(v16) you need python from 'python.org' to run this

tough it's for extracting single files, i added a "export all" button, and attention, what this button does, is extracts all the files filtered by the search entry(like you search for kasumi then hit 'export all' and it exports only casumi's files, or you search for some filename extension and export all files of a certain type), and coz i couldn't speed up more the xor/unzip functions, exporting all files will take you a hell a lot of time.

i think some filenames are wrong. i'll fix this tomorow...

please report the files it can't unpack(returning a 'key error'). and, somebody, test the 'swap' function for DLCU costumes

also have anyone tested my script for cleaning the memory dumped tmc files?
Extracted all the files from the DLC's without any problem. Thanks b0ny ^^. by the way, are you gonna add support for animations in DOA5??
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

b0ny, you Rock!!! :D

I tried it on, Helena's Pop textures and Rachel's sports models and both worked! :D I'll keep ya posted if I run across others, that's already a huge plus.

I did try the unit on Rachel's sports, but the app just closed without any message. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to do that, and I couldn't tell if it modified the file.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

doa5Uarchivarius(v16a)

-recovered more names.
-fixed a few bugs.
-added a more detailed log, like '*' means that this file is 'encrypted', and '#' means that this file is using an old encryption style, and it could be better to unpack it using the doa5 tools(i mean the original one, not the ultimate).
-did some speed optimizations on key recovering functions

i unpacked all doa5u lnks and a few dlc's i have, and after a hotfix(a really stupid bug), seems like the only file it can't decrypt is 'GENFU_COS_001.TMCL', maybe some one could make a memory dump of it so i could examine, why it doesn't unpack, by recovering the key using kokuto's method...

[reuploaded]

don't forget, it unpacks very slow, it can take a while to unpack...
and if something doesn't work, try restarting the tool.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Thanks for the latest update!

I'll try to remember to get that Gen Fu file this weekend.

Here's a theory question, is it possible to repack a modified tmc / tmcl using the reverse of the unpacking method to overwrite the original file? Ever since the patches & title update rolled out the usual method of pasting files at the end of the container produces spotty results. The game will freeze on some modified / uncompressed costumes even if no changes have been made, so there is something that patches are doing to the file or expecting. If the title update is not active, the exact same pasted costume will work fine. I've only browsed the title update file, I'm not sure what to look for, so I was curious if it were even possible to re-compress... that is if the process doesn't yield a compressed file with a different size than the original.

Sorry for changing subjects ...

I was trying to use the Extractor on the Casual DLC textures last night, both versions 1.4 & 1.5 didn't seem to affect the texture I was trying to change. Do those occasionally need updating for new information based on the DLC?
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

Doa5Ultimate Archivarius(v16b)

-more recovered names (i think i recovered everything that's possible to recover in here)
-added to archive the libre office document with all the names, and info grabbed from the executable
-warning! it will work wrong with modified files in core lnks, and will work fine with modified files in dlc, coz when working with files from core lnks, it relies on data dumped from the executable, and even if you modify the executable this data remains changed for this tool...
Protocol X27 wrote:Thanks for the latest update!

Here's a theory question, is it possible to repack a modified tmc / tmcl using the reverse of the unpacking method to overwrite the original file? Ever since the patches & title update rolled out the usual method of pasting files at the end of the container produces spotty results. The game will freeze on some modified / uncompressed costumes even if no changes have been made, so there is something that patches are doing to the file or expecting. If the title update is not active, the exact same pasted costume will work fine. I've only browsed the title update file, I'm not sure what to look for, so I was curious if it were even possible to re-compress... that is if the process doesn't yield a compressed file with a different size than the original.
that depends on how the xor keys are created, if the key is somehow calculated from the file's parameters like the result size or something than you'll need to know the creation algorithm to create keys, but if it remains unchanged per file then yes, why not, you have just to deflate it and xor with the 'licencekey+shortkey'.
Protocol X27 wrote: Sorry for changing subjects ...

I was trying to use the Extractor on the Casual DLC textures last night, both versions 1.4 & 1.5 didn't seem to affect the texture I was trying to change. Do those occasionally need updating for new information based on the DLC?
you mean the texture extractor? pm me with a link to the file you're trying to inject in, and i'll have a look.
Darko wrote: ... are you gonna add support for animations in DOA5??
what do you mean by that? importing animations in blender?
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

b0ny wrote:Doa5Ultimate Archivarius(v16b)

-more recovered names (i think i recovered everything that's possible to recover in here)
-added to archive the libre office document with all the names, and info grabbed from the executable
-warning! it will work wrong with modified files in core lnks, and will work fine with modified files in dlc, coz when working with files from core lnks, it relies on data dumped from the executable, and even if you modify the executable this data remains changed for this tool...
Protocol X27 wrote:Thanks for the latest update!

that depends on how the xor keys are created, if the key is somehow calculated from the file's parameters like the result size or something than you'll need to know the creation algorithm to create keys, but if it remains unchanged per file then yes, why not, you have just to deflate it and xor with the 'licencekey+shortkey'.
Protocol X27 wrote: Sorry for changing subjects ...

you mean the texture extractor? pm me with a link to the file you're trying to inject in, and i'll have a look.
Darko wrote: ... are you gonna add support for animations in DOA5??
what do you mean by that? importing animations in blender?
Yep, just curiosity.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

io_import_TPR-GMD.py

blender importer for dead or live 4 format. added support for morphing animation.
and a picture, just to show you where to find the morphing animation in blender.

Darko
oh i didn't get anywhere with the doa5 animation, seems like they pack flags and values all together, and i'm not that smart to unpack these without a live debugging
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Someone on coregrafx posted about the possibility of compressing the containers zlib using the key and re-injecting the data.

I'm willing to test that, but I don't know how to do the compression. What app do I need to do to accomplish the zlib compression?
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

in python import zlib, then slice the files to chunks of 0x8000 bytes and compress them. there is also some checksumm data like adler or something. you know, maybe this doesn't sound that inspiring but it's a good occasion to learn some python :) if you don't understand something, you can google it, and find answers on stackoverflow , or go to a python forum and ask a clear question, on which you can get a clear answer.

and by the way, who are those guys on coregrafx, try using some of what they say or something to google, and maybe find a different place where they talk and post their researches
logansan25
veteran

Post by logansan25 »

Where can i find this DLCS?
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

logansan25 wrote:Where can i find this DLCS?
Lol

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=Dead ... oASVoILwAg

Where the name of the site is something like xbox360iso...

If this goes against the rules, delete it, anyways ist's just a google search.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Musou Orochi Costumes Available for 360 :P

Uploaded with ImageShack.us