Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
syasuker
beginner

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by syasuker »

Edit:
Ummm #$%#%$@%$@#$ ... I think I just figured out how to insert a 'new' mesh object. :eek: :eek: :ninja:
Thought, I'd try it again since it's been months, fresh eyes, and more knowledge of the containers. It took a bit, but I think I found all of the values. Only tried with the Xbox, so far but I got it work in Noesis. Now the trick'd be to automate the process. Just don't have much time over the next three weeks. :(
:D :ninja: :D
LOL
good luck!
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

syasuker wrote: Thank you for your instructions for me to try again.

:D VertexBoneSubSingle out of the tmc&tmcl is right?
I thought I would be a TXT. :D
No prob!

Sorry, I'm not understanding your current question. I'll give an example of what VertexBoneSubSingle is for. If you have a mesh, but want to hide only part of it, you could hide vertices somewhere like the torso. If you substitute all bones for those hidden vertices to MOT00_Hips or MOT01_Chest it could keep those vertices from flying all over the place when animated. They would only move when the torso moves.

It reads the TMC & TMCL to get the information it needs for bones and then updates the mesh you want and creates a copy of the TMC & TMCL. It only uses a TXT file to read bone substitutions.
syasuker
beginner

Post by syasuker »

Protocol X27 wrote:
syasuker wrote: Thank you for your instructions for me to try again.

:D VertexBoneSubSingle out of the tmc&tmcl is right?
I thought I would be a TXT. :D
No prob!

Sorry, I'm not understanding your current question. I'll give an example of what VertexBoneSubSingle is for. If you have a mesh, but want to hide only part of it, you could hide vertices somewhere like the torso. If you substitute all bones for those hidden vertices to MOT00_Hips or MOT01_Chest it could keep those vertices from flying all over the place when animated. They would only move when the torso moves.

It reads the TMC & TMCL to get the information it needs for bones and then updates the mesh you want and creates a copy of the TMC & TMCL. It only uses a TXT file to read bone substitutions.
It is I the wrong meaning,Thank you for your instructions :D
syasuker
beginner

Post by syasuker »

Neostatos4
ultra-n00b

Post by Neostatos4 »

Thank you Protocol X27, I'll ask more if needed, now that I have a bunch of .obj files, I have what I wanted)).
Will ask more if needed, it's awesome so have a nice day!
Leifang
ultra-n00b

Post by Leifang »

Is it possible to  merge/combine  1 hairstyle + 1 costume to obtain an  all-in-one pack (new outfit + new hairstyle) ?

I mean something like this :

Image Image (DOA5U Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Wang Yuanji Costume for Ayane)

If not, could a tool be created to do this ?
A tool that allows you to  merge/combine  hairstyle files, accessory files and costume files (textures and animations unaltered)
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

Protocol X27 wrote:
Welcome to Xentax :)

In a sense, my util sounds like it's doing the same stuff as the other one, but it can remap bones if similar bones are available. I have no idea/if when we'll reach the point of inserting bones so for now, a target costume with accessory bones can have original accessory bones updated to the new ones without weight painting. Since the names are so generic/numbered though, it could be time consuming still to identify skirt1A > coat72z.

I guess I wasn't aware that tmc polygon tool appends as well. Yes, when appending it will add the mesh the end of the current one, so wgt_body 8 will have it's original mesh plus the new piece.

I'm not sure what's needed to add a new slot. I attempted it once and kept Noesis from crashing, but I didn't find everything needed to make it work properly.

Edit:
Ummm #$%#%$@%$@#$ ... I think I just figured out how to insert a 'new' mesh object. :eek: :eek: :ninja:
Thought, I'd try it again since it's been months, fresh eyes, and more knowledge of the containers. It took a bit, but I think I found all of the values. Only tried with the Xbox, so far but I got it work in Noesis. Now the trick'd be to automate the process. Just don't have much time over the next three weeks. :(

ah okay, I get it now. thanks for the reply :)

also glad your figuring out extra slot issue. its currently the biggest limitation in modding right now :)
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

Protocol X27 wrote:Aight, we're back in action.

@LSC, when you get a chance plz send me that one file. I'd like to see if I can get 360 to PC support working in one of the next revisions.
Aww crap I forgot, thanks for reminding.
Been torn between playing FF type zero, an old DS game and Hearthstone on my phone.

pm'ed it to ya.

Not sure if anyone's had a look at double transparent objects, i.e. that problem that happens when a transparent object goes over a transparent object and the second one disappears. I used a fix on it for one of the costumes I was working on months ago. unfortunately I forgot to document it (Again :( )

In any case, it's in the objinfo section, the highlighted values are the ones you need to change, (just the top one and the entry for the object you want),
I don't remember but you change it to 2 or something (or maybe it was that there was no value there and you just put a 01 there). compare a normal costume to kasumi hair tmc for that area and you'll see the difference.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

@Neostatos4, glad to help. Good Luck! :)

@syasuker, glad to help. Thanks for the link. That's a good step forward as well if we can add new textures.

Does anyone know if overwriting current textures with high resolution ones is possible. I thought discussion came up with early PC modding, but I don't recall what the process was, or if the Texture tool automatically allowed and updated stuff.

@bbb, no prob. Thanks for asking the question. Glad it gave me the idea to try that again. With recent progress, I at least had more utilities at my disposal to cut down the workload / testing.

@lsc, Thanks for sending. Transparency stuff looks right. Were you questioning the one spot or just remaking a tutorial for it?

@Leifang, Presently the only way to accomplish this would involve changing a costume with a hair style in it, like the one you posted. I don't think it will be possible right away to add a complete hair set into a costume without one. If I get mesh object addition working then it will be a step in the right direction, but there is still more learning needed to add the necessary chunks that would all accommodate hair, glasses, other toggleable items in addition to the costume itself. Even if that is possible, the biggest negative will be the lack of phones. Even if items like hair are added, if they don't have the necessary bones, there won't be animation.

I started on the injection util. To get it done sooner, I'm simplifying part of it. I'm only going to allow an insert of new mesh object into the WGT_body ObjGeo and only add one of vertex buffer 64 length. This will cut down on the amount of dynamic code I have to write to find different buffer lengths, finding which code to copy and determining where to put it. So if anyone has any arguments / suggestions as to why this is a disadvantage please let me know.
syasuker
beginner

Post by syasuker »

Protocol X27 wrote:@Neostatos4, glad to help. Good Luck! :)

@syasuker, glad to help. Thanks for the link. That's a good step forward as well if we can add new textures.

Does anyone know if overwriting current textures with high resolution ones is possible. I thought discussion came up with early PC modding, but I don't recall what the process was, or if the Texture tool automatically allowed and updated stuff.

@bbb, no prob. Thanks for asking the question. Glad it gave me the idea to try that again. With recent progress, I at least had more utilities at my disposal to cut down the workload / testing.

@lsc, Thanks for sending. Transparency stuff looks right. Were you questioning the one spot or just remaking a tutorial for it?

@Leifang, Presently the only way to accomplish this would involve changing a costume with a hair style in it, like the one you posted. I don't think it will be possible right away to add a complete hair set into a costume without one. If I get mesh object addition working then it will be a step in the right direction, but there is still more learning needed to add the necessary chunks that would all accommodate hair, glasses, other toggleable items in addition to the costume itself. Even if that is possible, the biggest negative will be the lack of phones. Even if items like hair are added, if they don't have the necessary bones, there won't be animation.

I started on the injection util. To get it done sooner, I'm simplifying part of it. I'm only going to allow an insert of new mesh object into the WGT_body ObjGeo and only add one of vertex buffer 64 length. This will cut down on the amount of dynamic code I have to write to find different buffer lengths, finding which code to copy and determining where to put it. So if anyone has any arguments / suggestions as to why this is a disadvantage please let me know.
high resolution textures will have some problem I am trying to look for patterns. :D
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

@LSC -

I had tried that transparency method before, but I only seem to have got it working when the 2 overlapping transparent meshed where in the same object slot. when they were in two different ones, I couldn't get it working :/

@Protocol X27

I haven't had any issues upping textures to 1024X1024 with the texture tool, but trying 2048X2048 one time caused infinite loading in game
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

bbb,
Strange, I had it on two separate objects on kasumi dlcu10 :eek:

pro
Just making a note of it so the info can float around, since I'm gradually shifting away from doa lol - as you can probably tell.
abcdefh
ultra-n00b

Post by abcdefh »

@ bbbmods
Sorry for automatic translation.
Like memory restrictions suffering from 1.02A, it wants an infinite load the file size is too large.
I think that it can be loaded if at 1.02.
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

@LSC -

guess I must have done something wrong, I will give it another try eventually.

@abcdefh -

ah okay. well too much good is in 1.02A to go back to 1.02. Thanks for the response :)
th0rough
ultra-n00b

Post by th0rough »

I have what appear to be TMC/TMCL files extracted but I can't open them in anything (I think they're in the old console format where the TMCL holds almost everything). I should be able to manually separate out meshes and textures, right?

edit: Turns out I can't decrypt these TMCL files with any version of the doa5udecrypt.bms found in this thread. I either get 0 files found, or an error which says "Error: the compressed zlib/deflate input is wrong or incomplete (-3)" and "Error: there is an error with the decompression the returned output size is negative (-1)"