Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Protocol X27 »

mariokart64n wrote:i'm still not even sure how we repack the DLC files?

can someone give a quick run through of how I can unpack the DLC, replace a costume with a NEW costumes from the DATA folder. then repack it into my DLC.
I thought you were talking about the vertex injector.

The basics:
Using sf234's DLC tool.
Find a file location,
Save a new .bcm
Choose a character, hair style option.
Add .tmc, .tmcl, --C, ---P files. Save. Presto, new DLC package.
I don't know anything about the steam config stuff though, but it was mentioned somewhere in the last couple of pages.

Edit:
I forgot to mention. Use archivarius for unpacking tmc/tmcl file content, etc.

Here's my Bone Index ripper. It's not very useful by itself yet, but at least it's a start back toward vert weight translation. I'll have to use the same process for the Nodes, and then have to revisit the vertex weight code, but for now at least it automates pulling the bone index instead of having to do so manually. It exports to a text file with the PC ordering.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8ky41be2jzjn1sb
MisterNatal
advanced

Post by MisterNatal »

Esppiral wrote:Ninja ripper works flawlessly with the game

:ninja:
Is there a plugin for 3ds max 2012?
MisterNatal
advanced

Post by MisterNatal »

Thanks for the archivarius the dlc outfits (preorder) ones are available!
amandabyyy
beginner

Post by amandabyyy »

I'm getting into this now. I looked through about 20 pages and couldn't find anything for the following, but is there anything for:

1. Texture injection (given a tmc and tmcl file).
2. Mesh Object modification (Change how the material behaves or just disable a mesh given a tmc/tmcl file)

Thanks for any help.
tcl36478655
beginner

Post by tcl36478655 »

Protocol X27 wrote: Since you are revisiting this, will you be able to address the 20 ObjGeo cap in the original? I think dloman made a workaround the last time since there were the occasional costume that went into 40-60 objects within the ObjGeo. Also, b0ny had figured out how to fix the rotation matrix, so that everything imported properly on all axes. If you're able to do this it would reduce having to use a second app prior to importing. :D Of course, if already working on this never mind. XD I don't understand the struct and geometry code well enough to help, but if you don't have those scripts I can post them.
plz tell me more about " address the 20 ObjGeo cap in the original " maybe I can do something useful. Is that 40-60 not enough for editing? or do you want custom that value?
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

amandabyyy wrote:I'm getting into this now. I looked through about 20 pages and couldn't find anything for the following, but is there anything for:

2. Mesh Object modification (Change how the material behaves or just disable a mesh given a tmc/tmcl file)

Thanks for any help.
you mean for PC? or 360.
both have ways but the 360 is more comprehensive atm.
amandabyyy
beginner

Post by amandabyyy »

Lilstormcloud wrote:
amandabyyy wrote:I'm getting into this now. I looked through about 20 pages and couldn't find anything for the following, but is there anything for:

Thanks for any help.
you mean for PC? or 360.
both have ways but the 360 is more comprehensive atm.
Yeah for PC. I can hex edit and make my way around so I don't need full blown tools. Like if there is research on given files that describes certain bytes (say toggle how a material behaves, enabling/disabling a mesh) in the file that I can toggle via hex editing. Though I imagine I'd need a tool to inject a texture since that changes the offsets of everything else if I inject a texture that's a different size of the current texture.

EDIT: Actually it looks like I can just take a look at the noesis plugin. Sweet.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

tcl36478655 wrote: plz tell me more about " address the 20 ObjGeo cap in the original " maybe I can do something useful. Is that 40-60 not enough for editing? or do you want custom that value?
The original 'tmc praser' would stop importing ObjGeo meshes after 20, I thought you modified one to loop through a 2nd time so that up to 40 would work. If it's possible, it should be safe to use 100 if that's simple. I don't know which model it was, but I thought I saw a Phase 4 model that had somewhat over 60 objects in one mesh.
amandabyyy wrote: Yeah for PC. I can hex edit and make my way around so I don't need full blown tools. Like if there is research on given files that describes certain bytes (say toggle how a material behaves, enabling/disabling a mesh) in the file that I can toggle via hex editing. Though I imagine I'd need a tool to inject a texture since that changes the offsets of everything else if I inject a texture that's a different size of the current texture.

EDIT: Actually it looks like I can just take a look at the noesis plugin. Sweet.
If you happen to find anything useful please feel free to share, I never fully understood the TTX block or the image hex for the 360 version. Now that the containers are more simplified, I wouldn't mind knowing how to properly update address and manually 'paste' images in if need be.
tcl36478655
beginner

Post by tcl36478655 »

@Protocol X27

It should be possible. Because the reason why can't import more than 20 objGeo is the array which mario defined seems only can include 20 maxium parameters. That's why I add another loop for 40 objGeo... :( mario should fix it easily maybe... :D
amandabyyy
beginner

Post by amandabyyy »

I'm learning little by little about the format. I was able to mess with the vertex positions by using noesis and screwing with the python plug-in script. :P
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

I've been studying this video from youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6KNVKGW-dc

and I still cannot for the life of me figure out what the crap the "soft engine" is.

is it boobs???? :eek:
Esppiral
n00b

Post by Esppiral »

MisterNatal wrote:

I don't know, I use 3dsmax 2015, sorry.
MisterNatal
advanced

Post by MisterNatal »

Esppiral wrote:
MisterNatal wrote:

I don't know, I use 3dsmax 2015, sorry.
Even better! I just downloaded that one, but now the DOA5 Importer isn't working :\ one problem after another
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

MisterNatal wrote:

He used ninja ripper, not a maxscript.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

right finished the repack function, of the script i posted last week.

http://pastebin.com/PinzLYcK

its written in maxscript, so you'll need 3dsmax installed to use it.
(any version should work, but using the newest/fully updated 3dsmax is recommened )

script will open a TMC and unpack the block components and write them to a new folder along with a XML.
the xml stores all the unknowns from the header, until the time we can solve them all.
To repack the block components back into a TMC again, just press the repack button on the script gui and select that xml

if you want to add new blocks, you have to edit the XML
example:

Code: Select all

<block type=[1,0,0,128]>BIN001.geo</block>
	<block type=[2,0,0,128]>BIN002.ttd</block>
	<block type=[3,0,0,128]>BIN003.vtx</block>
	<block type=[4,0,0,128]>BIN004.idx</block>
add a new line in there like <block type=[-1,0,0,0]>myname.txt</block>

anyway in theory once I write the script to create new geometry components...
they just get written into that unpacked folder... and yeah we repack and it should work.

wish i understood how to get model mods working, this repacking the dlc is flipping confusing
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account