Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Alternativa

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
XpoZed
veteran

Re: Alternativa

Post by XpoZed »

djokay wrote:Fairy tale: The DB converter is not able to convert the text file because:
1) is a file "text file PC 2.1" while the file of Gooka is a "CP text file 3" and the text file of the Alternativa " 5 "----> it's therefore natural that your converter is designed for file type "5" can not convert.
2) The file extension is not DB but TXF
Text.txf

Alternativa: I do not know if it comes from your packer / unpacker (I have the same problem with the program Bacter) but simply change one letter in the text causes a crash when launching the game after recompilation.
Message: Incompatible patchfiles applied. Please, reinstall.
If I recompile with the original text file all returns ok.
Well, i never said that my DB converter works for "Fairy Tale"?
bacter
veteran

Post by bacter »

djokay
O.K. I solved the mystery of the Alternativa error message: Incompatible patchfiles applied. Please, reinstall.

You have to modify the text in the "patch1012212001.res" file! Don't edit the other .res files. (I think you tried to modify the "ALTERNATIVA.res".)
djokay
n00b

Post by djokay »

Thank you for your answers.
Actually I was not working on the correct file.
I just checked. It works with the patch file.
Xpozed, I never said that Centauri_Production_Text_File_5.00_converter_v1.0 was able to compile the text file of Fairy Tale (but I liked it so much he can do .....).
I take my answer to thank you both for making all these tools that allow me to do translations (Alternativa, Treasure Island, Alter Ego, etc. ...).
bacter
veteran

Post by bacter »

Updated my tool. Now you can extract or create new .RES files.
And now, here's a quick update.