Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
vagos21
veteran

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by vagos21 »

maxscript working perfectly on these cars (i give them with folder code so you can find it easier in the bnks)

2_eleven
8c_competizione
300_sl
599_gto
612_sessanta
c8_aileron
camaro_1lt (pic!)
charger_srt8_police
clk_63_amg_black_series
fxx_evoluzione
hotrod
mf3_roadster
mustang_fastback_68
mustang_shelby_gt500
r8_v10
range_rover_sport_hse
sls_amg
superlight_r500
type_d
type_e
v8_vantage
v12_vantage
veyron_16_4
viper_srt10
viper_srt10_acr INTERIOR
viper_srt10_police
zonda_f_roadster

it's NOT working yet for the following cars:
599_gtb_fiorano
ac_427
db9_volante
delta_integrale_evo_2
rs6_avant
slr_mclaren_722s_roadster
tt_rs_cab

there are still dozens of cars to test it on, interiors and rims and apparently i don't have THAT much time to import the whole game using the script lol, so, what do u think i release what works so far and you report back cars that do not work, or interiors and stuff?

i guess u already know how to use this since the older TDU1 maxscript? ;)

cars that don't import correctly will obviously throw an error somewhere in the script. i recommend opening the script listener window (F11) so you can see what's going on with textures conversion and scene importing. if it says something about "unknown fvf" and throws an error, give me the name of that car and i'll see what i can do!
TDU2_mesh_import.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
besweeet
n00b

Post by besweeet »

Man, I wish I could do some Zmodeler 2 action, but I'm not paying $60 just to play with some models from TDU2.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

besweeet wrote:Man, I wish I could do some Zmodeler 2 action, but I'm not paying $60 just to play with some models from TDU2.
i'm making this script for the same reason ;) and i'm not gonna sell it, i believe modding should be a free case, since there's a bit of "illegality" in it hehe
anyone want some instructions on how to get a car fast into max from the big file? i'm thinking about making a tutorial video on youtube
SandroX
beginner

Post by SandroX »

vagos21 wrote:i guess u already know how to use this since the older TDU1 maxscript? ;)
I dont know... help! :roll:
Last edited by SandroX on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

ok here are the steps:

TO IMPORT TDU 2 CAR TO 3DS MAX
1. Fire up max (script was made in 2010 but commands used should work on max 9 all higher versions)
2. Maxscript -> Listener Or F11 (So we can see what's going on)
3. Maxscript -> Open script... (select the script)
4. Tools -> Evaluate All. Or Ctrl+E (Compiles the script, we can see that in the listener window. as long as things are blue it's all good. hit Ctrl+E for 3-4 times, sometimes it needs this to work i guess it's a bug)
5. Customize -> Customize User Interface ->Toolbars tab -> Category -> select "myscripts"
you'll see TDU, drag and drop it anywhere on the UI, let's say next to the MOVE button, it will create a button called "TDU". Close this window we're ready to import! also close the script code window, but keep the listener window open.
6. Hit the TDU button, select your extracted car folder (eg. apollo_sport) (it's the one that has the maps folder inside, also 3dg 3dd and 2dm files.)
7. For first run we might want to convert 2db textures to dds so we click YES...
8. Wait until they're converted and the scene imported. If there are no errors, congrats you have your car :wink:

TO CLEAN UP THE CAR MESH (keep only hi-res mesh)
1. Select all helpers and delete them
2. There are some rectangular volume meshes used for headlights and other effects, delete those.
3. Select BODY_MR and BODY_LR and move them away to the right. through hierarchy they'll take away other objects that are their children. now select them from the top view and delete them.
4. Select also every mesh starting with the %. character and delete them. these are lights used for effects or low-poly versions of the car.
5. There might be a couple more low-version meshes around but these are the ones for most cars so we're done here.

TO CHOOSE MATERIALS AND LOAD TEXTURES
1. Open Material Editor, click on pick material tool button, click on a mesh you like. It will load the mesh materials as submaterials. you'll get used to the strange names, (e.g. PAINT is the body material)
2. Materials that use textures will have them in the "maps" list, and you can manually load the dds files. Many of them (like leather, grates and most interiors) are in the "common_car" bnk so you might want to convert all of them and keep them somewhere, unless you want to use your own textures.
3. Even if you don't load the textures in max you can still export your cars and they'll carry the material properties and UV mapping with them. For example, i exported to OBJ, and through octane render i got this nice little render....
front.jpg
OTHER TIPS
1. It's useful to keep the maxscript listener window open before we hit the script button so we can see if all went well through the import.
2. Evaluate the script every time you close and open max again (another maxscript strange thing?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Koce
ultra-n00b

Post by Koce »

Thank you very much.I like your script for now every thing works.Now we will have more cars for World racing 2
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

Thank you to everyone who contributed for extracting .bnk & .big/.map files, I hope sometime in the future we can try and learn to put new cars into TDU2. :)

I thought it would be nice to show you how these models perform in another gaming engine. :D

*If image is too large let me know, I will switch it to a thumbnail.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

Koce wrote:Thank you very much.I like your script for now every thing works.Now we will have more cars for World racing 2
You're very welcome :) here i post the cars i've tested it and work perfectly, and those that don't work for sure (yet, they'll be fixed sometime soon)

as for importing cars to TDU2, i don't think many will be interested this time with the messy physics hehe,
i'm a big fan of WR too! have fun converting them ;)
maxscript list.gif
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

vagos21 wrote: as for importing cars to TDU2, i don't think many will be interested this time with the messy physics hehe,
I know the person who made TDU:Performance Editor, he made it from scratch. If you could narrow down where the physics are I can pass them onto him and then see what he thinks.
besweeet
n00b

Post by besweeet »

Thanks Vagos! I'll try and get some sexy pics later. I think I'll also try converting some for use in San Andreas (in MTA).
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

toolieo wrote:
vagos21 wrote: as for importing cars to TDU2, i don't think many will be interested this time with the messy physics hehe,
I know the person who made TDU:Performance Editor, he made it from scratch. If you could narrow down where the physics are I can pass them onto him and then see what he thinks.

it's all the dhk files in the bnks of each car, they contain havok physics data
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

besweeet wrote:Thanks Vagos! I'll try and get some sexy pics later. I think I'll also try converting some for use in San Andreas (in MTA).
remember when we were kids and used to look at those exotic machines sticking our noses on the window? hehe

308GTS model with interior replaced by the hi-res one, with some random textures. unbelievable how much detail has made it to real-time games :roll:
308interior.jpg
SandroX
beginner

Post by SandroX »

vagos21, many thanks, all work well! :up: :up: :up: I hope you will update your script to make possible to import Ariel Atom. :roll:
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

TIRES!!!

what are wheels without tires? lol...
I guess everyone would need them sooner or later, here is the updated script that imports them too. to import them follow these steps:

1. Using quickbms extract the common bnk (named 3759F594E15AE951)
2. make a new folder somewhere, let's call it tires
3. copy tire.3dg tire.2dm and tire.3dd into that folder.
4. Run the script and select the tire folder
5. select NO to convert textures since there aren't any copied
6. all tires are now imported! yes they're all nicely centered in the same position. which one do you need to choose for your car? no idea yet...lol
7. Their textures are in the extracted common bnk folder. They use names like tire, lr_ambocc

have fun!
tires.jpg
besweeet
n00b

Post by besweeet »

Oh damn... 3DS Max is over 4GB~. I'll skip out on this stuff. Don't want to download that just to play with some cars.