Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

DPK EXTRACTOR for Starmageddon

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Apophis
ultra-n00b

DPK EXTRACTOR for Starmageddon

Post by Apophis »

Onyone help me!!!
Where i can get dpk extractor for Starmageddon (Project Earth)
Please Help!
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

I don't know. But I might be able to help if there are DPK files somewhere.
Apophis
ultra-n00b

Post by Apophis »

Mr.Mouse wrote:I don't know. But I might be able to help if there are DPK files somewhere.
DPK Files I can eat to send if you will leave e-mail!!!!!

HEX

44 50 4B 34 E6 76 D7 0F D0 BA 06 00 41 1C 00 00 28 00 00 00 EB 00 00 DPK4.v......A...(......
Apophis
ultra-n00b

Post by Apophis »

Mr.Mouse wrote:I don't know. But I might be able to help if there are DPK files somewhere.
Hey!
i can send dpk file on e-mail.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Well, email them then ! You can get my emailadress from the site! 8)
Apophis
ultra-n00b

Post by Apophis »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Well, email them then ! You can get my emailadress from the site! 8)
I send DPK file, see and Please make tool!
Thank you!
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

OKay, that was an easy one.

This I got out of it (as just an example)

Use the "Use custom BMS on..." option in MultiEx Commander to open *.DPK files.

Get this BMS script to run it and extract those that are Zlib compressed as uncompressed files:
http://www.xentax.com/downloads/tools/dpk.bms

Get this script to extract all files as saved in the DPK (if they are compressed they will not be decompressed):
http://www.xentax.com/downloads/tools/dpk_com.bms

:D

Post by Guest »

Mr.Mouse wrote:OKay, that was an easy one.

Get this BMS script to run it and extract those that are Zlib compressed as uncompressed files:

Get this script to extract all files as saved in the DPK (if they are compressed they will not be decompressed):

Well, send me tool (not plugin) tool for Extraction and Packing files in DPK Format
Thank you very math!

Post by Guest »

Mr.Mouse wrote:OKay, that was an easy one.

Packer for dpk format You can make???????????????????????????
Captain
Site Admin

Post by Captain »

Anonymous wrote: Well, send me tool (not plugin) tool for Extraction and Packing files in DPK Format
Thank you very math!
That's not going to work dude. You will have to overcome your laziness and math problems.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Anonymous wrote: Well, send me tool (not plugin) tool for Extraction and Packing files in DPK Format
Thank you very math!
Captain is right, that's not going to work, buster. :evil:

For the DEFINITE answer I downloaded the Project Earth demo which has one HUGE *.DPK file, I downloaded the above mentioned scripts and they worked PERFECTLY on the new *.DPK file I got. 7092 files in that huge file.

Make sure you FIRST select the BMS , THEN select the *.DPK file from within MultiEx Commander's "Use custom BMS on..."-option.

The *.DPK format uses ZLib compression on most, but not all resources (for reasons unbeknownst to me, ZLib probably did not achieve enough compression on some files, or it was just a sloppy employee at work).

Anyway, it will have to be with MultiEx Commander, I will not create a new program just for you.

Post by Guest »

Mr.Mouse wrote:
Thank you very math!
Captain is right, that's not going to work, buster. :evil:

For the DEFINITE answer I downloaded the Project Earth demo which has one HUGE *.DPK file, I downloaded the above mentioned scripts and they worked PERFECTLY on the new *.DPK file I got. 7092 files in that huge file.

Make sure you FIRST select the BMS , THEN select the *.DPK file from within MultiEx Commander's "Use custom BMS on..."-option.

The *.DPK format uses ZLib compression on most, but not all resources (for reasons unbeknownst to me, ZLib probably did not achieve enough compression on some files, or it was just a sloppy employee at work).

Anyway, it will have to be with MultiEx Commander, I will not create a new program just for you.
Hey what is "buster" ?
Im open mexbinder.exe right?, create a new mrf right, dpk starmageddon.
save this, and run the program multiex sel open dpk sel dpk file and i see error?
anyway thanks for help!!!!!!!!!!
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Anonymous wrote: Hey what is "buster" ?
save this, and run the program multiex sel open dpk sel dpk file and i see error?
Buster = Bozo,

And, I advise you NOT to use mexbinder.exe, but to use Multiex Commander. Do exactly as I explained in the above.

Post by Guest »

Mr.Mouse wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Hey what is "buster" ?
Buster = Bozo,

And, I advise you NOT to use mexbinder.exe, but to use Multiex Commander. Do exactly as I explained in the above.
All has earned, I had problem with the program multiex did not open any archive, I download the new version now all work, but only I wanted and fashions for game to put!, and for this purpose all is necessary anew in archive dpk to pack! So if it is simple (a format in fact easy!!!) make Please the utility for Packing in dpk! Please any more to whom to address!
And thanks for the Ex-tractor!

And for "Captain" wanted to tell that a problem with English instead of with mathematics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And in general I thought Englishmen polite people, probably I was mistaken.
Captain
Site Admin

Post by Captain »

Anonymous wrote: And for "Captain" wanted to tell that a problem with English instead of with mathematics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And in general I thought Englishmen polite people, probably I was mistaken.
Even after Mr. Mouse helped you out (for free!), you demanded a custom tool written just for you. That's quite the opposite of polite.