Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

DeathSpank .gg

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
SileniusLegard
n00b

Re: DeathSpank .gg

Post by SileniusLegard »

Wow, excellent, thanks!
GolfNorth
ultra-n00b

Post by GolfNorth »

Excellent!

Excuse me, but how about this
XRaptor wrote:I have "GONT convert tool", but it is not fully tested. I will do it asap. It converts gont to dds and xml with config (size, positions, kernings, etc) and back to gont.
? :D
TheReaperCooL
advanced

Post by TheReaperCooL »

I've made some translations, but some text can't be found in the textdict files and if I do find them then they don't get translated. I mean I translate them, they are translated everywhere, but when I'm playing then ingame it's not translated.

I think this might be a bug in the program or the extractor or something...
XRaptor
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by XRaptor »

What text are you talking about? Any example?
What I know there are Build\Data\*.datadict files containing all texts from textdict files. Maybe your text is hardcoded here with different ID or something and is ignored in main dictionary.

EDIT:
Bah, seems that some text are hardcoded in Build\*.gob files and they are not taken from dictionaries. I have no idea how many strings are taken from gob files, but the better way how to handle this will be just translate it in hexeditor. I don't think I'm going to make any editor for gob files. They are some compiled scripts or triggers maybe? No idea.
SileniusLegard
n00b

Post by SileniusLegard »

In DeathSpank, I found only three sentences in datadict files, which doesn't too bad IMHO.
In ToV, don't know.
Smash15195
beginner

Post by Smash15195 »

XRaptor wrote:
Fenris93 wrote:Hi :) Is there any way to show characters like "ñ" or "á,é,í,ó,ú"? I saved the textdict in normal mode and in ASCII mode, but it doesn't work. Thanks.
ASCII export is just for my Czech tests - it removes diacritics :-). If you want to display all other characters, you have to change font files. There are only base characters.

Very good tool ! but like Fenris93, characters like "è,é,à,ù and more" not works. With your textdictranslator, "élève" become "élève", "français" -> "français" etc.

i'll try to change font files but i dont know how to do that and where to do that. I'm sad.
XRaptor
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by XRaptor »

Smash15195 wrote:Very good tool ! but like Fenris93, characters like "è,é,à,ù and more" not works. With your textdictranslator, "élève" become "élève", "français" -> "français" etc.

i'll try to change font files but i dont know how to do that and where to do that. I'm sad.
Hmm, it looks like bad reading of utf8 text format. I'll try to check it again. I know there is for example some russian version with strings saved as unicode and encrypted, so maybe i have to save all texts as unicode instead of utf8.

Well and my GONT tool is almost ready to release.
Smash15195
beginner

Post by Smash15195 »

great :)
XRaptor
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by XRaptor »

Well well, there is little bug in my textdic translator. It is unable to read utf8 edited text files. I didn't find it before because I'm not using this tool for translating. There is much quicker way how to translate:

1) Open ORIGINAL (not translated) textdict file
2) Export everything to xml file
3) Open xml file in Excel
4) Edit strings
5) Save file back to xml
6) Import translated items back to translator and save new textdict file

It is the best way how to do it now. Just avoid to open translated file in translator again, or texts will be screwed. Sorry for that. I'll try to fix it asap.

EDIT: So here is new version, but as I said before, don't try to use damaged textdict files, if you will see any bad strings. It is because text was saved in bad format and there is no way how to fix it. If you have translated xml file with correct texts, just import it.

Code: Select all

http://raptor.cestiny.cz/download/deathspank-textdict-translator.html
Smash15195
beginner

Post by Smash15195 »

Work perfectly ! :D thanks !
GolfNorth
ultra-n00b

Post by GolfNorth »

I have some problem with extraxt TOV .gg (DLC).

Example:
XRaptor
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by XRaptor »

GolfNorth wrote:I have some problem with extraxt TOV .gg (DLC).
Hi, I don't have any DLC, but problem is, that filepath is stored as "full path" and output path for extracting is just YOUR_DIR + internal_path. And there is just c:\... value. I'll try to do some workaround for that but it is strange. It works in game? Is there any chance to get this dlc?
GolfNorth
ultra-n00b

Post by GolfNorth »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Herdell
veteran

Post by Herdell »

Hi,

To do a complete translation, I wanna translate the map of the game, and I have no idea of which file is this, and how to edit it. Can anyone help?

Here's a pic of the game map:
[img]
http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l ... ations.jpg[/img]

Thanx in advance...
XRaptor
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by XRaptor »

If I remember, there are some strings hardcoded in *.gob files (scripts) and little more is in *.tin files. There are no editors for these files, but you can try hexedit gob files.