Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Rimbros »

Thanks Chroxxx i see you improved a greath job with golden axe, and the Ironman 2 model files formats are same of Golden Axe? or only .pkg files.
Renders Art by Rimbros
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn12 ... E/Renders/

Personal Game repository samples, send PM
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

everything is the same.
Duffy86
ultra-n00b

Post by Duffy86 »

Swung by to see how Noesis is coming along, i believe all the neighbours' dogs may require ear surgery after my high pitched sqeeee of delight when I saw FBX support.
If I had a hat, I'd tip It to you Señor, instead, please humbly accept this donkey for your troubles
Donkey
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

chrrox wrote:everything is the same.
I run this command

c:\offzip\offzip.exe -a c:\DVD_IronManMark2.pkg "c:\extracted" 0x0

i and i get this .Dat files from Iron Man 2, any idea?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IQG9225C

also i see you work in something script for max to load the models of golden axe but i dont see the link to download the script.

And i dont know if i forget read something line but i dont see the Golden Axe have .DAT files.
Renders Art by Rimbros

Roxas0Zero
ultra-n00b

Post by Roxas0Zero »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Renders Art by Rimbros

mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

can you add support for dead rising 1, it uses CAPCOM's MOD format. can't find good docs on the MOD format, so I'm not sure what changes there are. but they won't open up in noesis under DMC4/RE5 spec. hopefully the only difference is a slight change in the header?

http://www.mediafire.com/?bdoub34q42u3tvi
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

Alright I finally had time to look into noesis python API and quickly wrote up a script for a very simple format and the geometry came out (didn't look at referencing textures yet but it should be easy)

But when I look at the code I wrote and the format outline, it's pretty hard to follow along unless you're used to reading all those syntactical details.

I'm thinking of just writing a "user-friendly interface" that will call some of the functions available so I don't have to remember specific details. Hopefully that can be done without too much of a problem for noesis, or maybe there's a certain way I could implement this that would be compatible?
Roxas0Zero
ultra-n00b

Post by Roxas0Zero »

can someone answer my question please ? :(
its right above this post by 2 posts
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

Export to another format other than FBX. Then go to Blender and convert to FBX and see if that works. Maya and Max I think have trouble with his FBX and DAE exports. Last time I tried using Noesis to convert some FF models to DAE (which was like, uhm, yesterday), Maya went bonkers when I tried to import it lol. Polygons were strewn all over the place in a gigantic ball surrounding the model. Lightwave was more well-behaved and showed the model but it wouldn't import the UV map either.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

howfie wrote:Export to another format other than FBX. Then go to Blender and convert to FBX and see if that works. Maya and Max I think have trouble with his FBX and DAE exports. Last time I tried using Noesis to convert some FF models to DAE (which was like, uhm, yesterday), Maya went bonkers when I tried to import it lol. Polygons were strewn all over the place in a gigantic ball surrounding the model. Lightwave was more well-behaved and showed the model but it wouldn't import the UV map either.
You shouldn't be trying to import the COLLADA DAE's with Autodesk's DAE importers. They are meant to be imported with something based on OpenCOLLADA. Autodesk's DAE implementation is actually pretty fucked and doesn't tend to correctly conform to any given schema.

FBX is another story. Both Maya and Max happily ingest FBX's exported by Noesis. Although Max has bugs with importing normals on skinned models (Autodesk has acknowledged this as a bug on their end and it will hopefully be fixed in the 2013 FBX SDK), and I've yet to find any issues importing Noesis-produced FBX files in Maya. Autodesk's free viewer also has no issues importing Noesis-exported FBX files, normals look fine, and now so do interpolated animations now that Noesis is adding an unroll filter to exported rotation curve nodes. Most likely, that dude's only issue is that he needs to set up his materials to use vertex colors for the diffuse. In Max that just means going through the materials and adding a diffuse map that points to the vertex color channels.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

finale00 wrote:Alright I finally had time to look into noesis python API and quickly wrote up a script for a very simple format and the geometry came out (didn't look at referencing textures yet but it should be easy)

But when I look at the code I wrote and the format outline, it's pretty hard to follow along unless you're used to reading all those syntactical details.

I'm thinking of just writing a "user-friendly interface" that will call some of the functions available so I don't have to remember specific details. Hopefully that can be done without too much of a problem for noesis, or maybe there's a certain way I could implement this that would be compatible?
Just don't modify inc_noesis.py and you can do whatever you want. You may need to update your wrapper layer often as I make changes/additions to the API, though. It depends on how you go about implementing it. I'm also not sure how much more user-friendly you're really going to get things, as the API is already pretty straightforward and allows a wide variety of methods to feed data in. (drawing into the Rich Procedural Geometry interface in buffered mode or immediate mode, or creating the objects like NoeMesh and filling them in yourself) I understand that writing an interface layer may make things easier to remember for you personally, though. I'd just expect it wouldn't be so helpful to anyone else since they'd have to remember just as many functions and methodologies to get the same things done, or they'd be artificially constrained by your interface if you don't expose all of the same options and parameters.

If you want to go ahead with it anyway, I'd suggest creating your own module(s) for your wrapper and utility functions (like inc_finaleslib) and importing from that as needed in your various format scripts.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

Cool, thanks. That sucks about Autodesk DAE.
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

MrAdults wrote: I'd just expect it wouldn't be so helpful to anyone else since they'd have to remember just as many functions and methodologies to get the same things done, or they'd be artificially constrained by your interface if you don't expose all of the same options and parameters.
It's pretty much just reading bytes, unless I am missing something.

Like for example if I wanted to read a sequence of ints, looking at NoeBitStream there are methods for reading various types of data, but if I had say 20 ints it doesn't look like I can just say

readInt(20)

So I'd have to resort to read("20i") or something, which can get somewhat awkward to look at when half the code is just read("ffffhhhhiii....")

Also, I see a readString method but maybe it would also be nice if I could just say readString(12) for a 12-char string. Or the read("20c") alternative I guess.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

you can already do those functions easily in noesis.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7760
just google the pyton commands they all work in noesis.
to read a fixed length string
bs.readBytes(Length).decode("ASCII").rstrip("\0")
you can read 20 ints in a row something like this
test = bs.read("i"*20)