Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Zerox »

Hey Mr. Adults, I hate to bug you with a request of any sort, but you mentioned that with GMO models at least Noesis auto-groups anything that uses the same material. But with some models such as the models in Bleach Heat the Soul 7 they have multiple hand mesh groups that get grouped into the same one and are a bother to separate by hand after exporting. I found that I could prevent the other hands and such from rendering while viewing in Noesis but upon exporting I still had them all grouped together.

This may sound opposite to what ultimaespio just asked but could you add a option to not group mesh groups by material or any method and just leave them separate?
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Zerox wrote:But with some models such as the models in Bleach Heat the Soul 7 they have multiple hand mesh groups that get grouped into the same one and are a bother to separate by hand after exporting.
They don't. Tested exporting them to DAE. If you're exporting to a format that doesn't properly support surface separation on export, well, that's just what you get.
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

So is .SMD one of the formats that would be such as they're always combined upon export to that.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

I don't believe there is a SMD importer in existence which groups triangles by anything other than material name. Nor should there be, as it seems the core spec does not contain the ability to insert object markers:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Studiomdl_Data

...and the generally accepted form is for each triangle to specify its own material. I believe I also parse SMD's by throwing triangles into material buckets. So, like, use a different format, man. Duh! Also, Leslie Nielsen is dead, so I'm watching the Naked Gun trilogy while drinking heavily. I'm well into 2 1/2 which means I should be very well wasted by now, and the numb sensation in my brain would indicate that's the case.
Nexus Elite ns
beginner

Post by Nexus Elite ns »

Would it be possible to have noesis support lost planet 2 file?
Heartache
ultra-n00b

Post by Heartache »

Hello I have a question. I want to export some objects from the Game Tekken 6 with Noesis. Now there is a problem with one texture ( i dont know if it is the only texture which makes problems, or not)....well i want to export a texture. so i go to File=>Export: Additional texture output: .jpg ( i also tried all the others). choose the folder for the textures and then push ok and then it starts to write and at some textures there is this text: Cannot export non-power-of-2 DDS:
Can anyone help me? i need those textures -.-
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

Textures usually come in sizes of 256x256 or 512x512. Sounds to me like it isn't one of those or a derivative of them. So you'sll need to resize it. You could just download Gimp and its free dds plug-in. Then you could resize it and save to any format you want.

To my knowledge though, I don't believe Noesis supports dds textures.
firsak
advanced

Post by firsak »

Heartache wrote:i need those textures -.-
Set texture output to default and you'll have those textures as DDS.
This issue has been discussed in this topic already.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

firsak wrote:Set texture output to default and you'll have those textures as DDS.
This issue has been discussed in this topic already.
What he said. But to further clarify, Noesis can import DDS and export DDS, but it cannot export non-DDS to DDS, and it cannot export non-power-of-two DDS to non-DDS. So if you have non-power-of-two DDS files that you need to dump, just leave the texture output to "default" and let it directly write the DDS's, as mentioned.
Heartache
ultra-n00b

Post by Heartache »

thank you so much to all of you :D :D :D :]
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

2.7:

Code: Select all

-Added ActorX PSK (model) import+export. Plugin source is included.
 -Added ActorX PSA (animation) import+export. Plugin source is included.
 -Added md5anim export.
 -Added support for animation sequences. Sequences can be viewed in isolation by selecting them in the data viewer.
 -Added "export from preview" option, which exports data directly from the preview model, incorporating any changes made by the data viewer.
 -Added BNR+U8 container support.
 -Exposed generic un-lzss function, which accepts many different decompression parameters.
Protip: Drag-and-drop an animation file on top of a loaded model (click "No" for the prompt that comes up), and it'll apply that animation (if the bone counts and/or names match) to the preview model. You can that use "export from preview" to export the combined model+anim into a format that supports it. (like COLLADA)

Edit: It's also worth noting that PSK/PSA are really shitty formats. I implemented them due to popular demand, but they only support 1 unparented (root) bone, and no vertex normals. (only smoothing groups)

On PSK export I do not even bother trying to generate smoothing groups from edge normals, since it's impossible to preserve artist-tweaked normals to begin with, and auto-generating smoothing groups from normals is just a shitty solution to have to go with. I do obey smoothing groups on import. Also, when a model has more than one root bone, its subsequent root bones are childed to the first root bone, and the animation matrices (when applicable) are compensated.

Generally, PSK+PSA are horrible formats for correctly preserving model data.

Edit 2: New version with a bunch of changes/fixes, as there were even more PSK/PSA limitations which I was unaware of. I also made a pretty broad change regarding the way normals are calculated for models that don't provide them.
FEATHER
advanced

Post by FEATHER »

Thanks for your tool MrAdults

Persona 3 PSP use GMO, but when i preview the files in Noesis I just see some random stuff (Like some object and not characters) with out texture... i cant export nothing of this game, i think the GMO files of this game are a little different than the standar GMO or maybe i'm wrong...

Take your time bro' and merry christmas for you!!
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

mrAdult>do you know any way to unswizzle ps2 tim2/tim3 textures ? (i can send you some samples if needed)
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

FEATHER wrote:Thanks for your tool MrAdults

Persona 3 PSP use GMO, but when i preview the files in Noesis I just see some random stuff (Like some object and not characters) with out texture... i cant export nothing of this game, i think the GMO files of this game are a little different than the standar GMO or maybe i'm wrong...

Take your time bro' and merry christmas for you!!
I haven't seen those files directly, but they're probably only animations. A lot of games don't store geometry or textures in their GMO's, or sometimes vice versa. (like Fate/Unlimited and Bleach) If you can't find any usable geometry in the GMO's, it's probably in a different format.
shadowmoy wrote:mrAdult>do you know any way to unswizzle ps2 tim2/tim3 textures ? (i can send you some samples if needed)
I never have come across a PS2 hardware-twiddled TM2. I would like to add generic decoding support for it to Noesis, so feel free to send over some samples. (a variety of resolutions and pixels modes would be best) I do have a generic PSP hardware untwiddling routine that works for all strides and pixel modes, but I'm guessing PS2 hardware twiddling is different.
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

MrAdults wrote:
shadowmoy wrote:mrAdult>do you know any way to unswizzle ps2 tim2/tim3 textures ? (i can send you some samples if needed)
I never have come across a PS2 hardware-twiddled TM2. I would like to add generic decoding support for it to Noesis, so feel free to send over some samples. (a variety of resolutions and pixels modes would be best) I do have a generic PSP hardware untwiddling routine that works for all strides and pixel modes, but I'm guessing PS2 hardware twiddling is different.
ok so for starting here is a bunch of ps2 TIM3 (swizzled tim2 basically with same header , just the magic is different but also apply to TM2 magic)

http://www.mediafire.com/?cbbdixf9bxvr9zi

i found some "generic explanation on the net , it seems sony choose to use a generic ps2 swizzling :
Swizzled textures (all formats) are stored as blocks of 16 bytes X 8 rows. (so 32-bit texture data is swizzled into 4x8 blocks)
and this code snippet :

Code: Select all

unsigned unswizzle(unsigned offset, unsigned log2_w)
{
	if (log2_w <= 4)
		return offset;

unsigned w_mask = (1 << log2_w) - 1;

unsigned mx = offset & 0xf;
	unsigned by = offset & (~7 << log2_w);
	unsigned bx = offset & ((w_mask & 0xf) << 7);
	unsigned my = offset & 0x70;

return by | (bx >> 3) | (my << (log2_w - 4)) | mx;
}
so if i understand well you need to convert it to rgba 32 bit texture then unswizzle the data ?
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_