Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by ultimaespio »

Thanks for the CC map support. I've had a look through, and there are some that are missing big chunks of geometry. The Chocobo Farm File2166 is missing most of the map, I could only tell that it was the Farm by looking at the textures.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

falconcool: Well, works for me. You're probably trying it on disc from a different region, and it's crashing on an unexpected case. You'll have to send me a proper crash dump. Or at minimum, the loaded base address of noesis.dll and the context info (or at least value of EIP) for every thread at the time of crash. Also, make sure you retrieve the crash info from Noesis 2.53 and not an earlier version.

ultimaespio: Many map models will not display correctly without disabling face culling, and many maps are split up into multiple models so that they do not appear whole unless layered. Additionally, many pieces of the map are instanced/tiled at runtime, and so in the actual model geometry will appear off in the middle of nowhere. The mako cannon map is a good example of instancing, and you can see the base instance models in lots of other maps. That's something you're just going to have to deal with. Instance info is probably not in the model files themselves. (though I can't say I really looked) That said, though, there was an actual bug causing it to miss large chunks of geometry in a few models. That's fixed in 2.53.
falconcool
veteran

Post by falconcool »

Mr adult~ Thanks for your help
I was trying to extrat the img container from ntsc-j psx disks~that's probablly the reason.
This is the stuff i found in the error message,not sure if they are the stuff you need.
(yes,,i used noesis 2.53 this time).please tell if i sent wrong ones~.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TY5XF99D
And please check your pm,,i've an useful information for you~:)
Zerox
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Zerox »

Well good news I decided to try out your Batch Process in Noesis. I must say it's quite handy. I've figured out many commands. Though I'm curious, are there any commands to export each converted model to its own folder based on the name of the original model? As right now it seems to only dump it out into the folder it was already in. I would also like to know if there is a command I can use to set the texture export type to .tga rather than .png.

Thank you for the wonderful tool! I appreciate it.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

falconcool: That's just a copy of the DLL renamed as .tmp, and a summary of the modules. Doesn't have any info about the crash. You can Google about how to get proper crash info for whatever version of Windows you're using. Regarding your PM, Noesis already supported FF14 at some point. Still does unless they changed the format. I don't have FF14 and don't plan to pick it up, as it's a trainwreck of a game. So unless it manages to get patched into sucking a lot less, I have no plans to add it to Noesis. Well, maybe one day for series-completion's sake, but I'd treat 9/10/11/12 with higher priority.

Zerox: Sure, just modify the command text yourself. I'm sure there are plenty of semi-decent text editors that would let you replace every other instance of the path string with whatever you want, without having to manually go through and do it for each line.
falconcool
veteran

Post by falconcool »

Sorry i didn't send the correct files.
I'll upload again once i figure out the correct stuff you need.
(ram dumping data?)
Yes,FF14 is a shitty game now,we know about it.
But it's character design is not as bad as it's system.haha,,that's why i pm you.:P
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

That's ok. The only problem I had was with big chunks of the model missing. The instancing can be fixed/hidden outside of Noesis, so it's no problem.
yy4cmm
ultra-n00b

Post by yy4cmm »

i have a problem opening md5anim files and md5mesh files directly from file explorer since they dont appear, only way i can open them is associating the md5 files to Noesis and double clicking the files so they open up perfectly but i cant export them since i dont have them selected (because they not appearing on file explorer and have nothing to select) its a bug or im doing something wrong?

EDIT: nevermind, even tho the file doesnt appear while even selecting "all known formats" i just saw the "all Files" option too, and selecting it the files appears now, guess theres a problem with the filetype recognition or something but once allowing it to recognize all fileypes they just pop up and u can click them and they open just fine
yy4cmm
ultra-n00b

Post by yy4cmm »

Ok i managed to extract the animation, the only proper animation format to save as is the .rda, now my question is: do i need some converter or plugin or something to open these .rda animations in for example 3dsmax so i can apply these animations to other meshes and edit the animation itself? or i need specific software to open .rda and be able to edit them?
lex3a
ultra-n00b

Post by lex3a »

yy4cmm wrote:Ok i managed to extract the animation, the only proper animation format to save as is the .rda, now my question is: do i need some converter or plugin or something to open these .rda animations in for example 3dsmax so i can apply these animations to other meshes and edit the animation itself? or i need specific software to open .rda and be able to edit them?
How about Collada (*.DAE)?
Just export your animation to this format, but don't use standard 3ds Max Importer for Collada because it has several problems.
Do the impossible
See the invisible
Raw! Raw!
Fight the power!
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

I was bored and stuffed full of dead things yesterday, so I sat down and wrote some math classes for the plugin system. Then I refined them a bit today. 2.62 has that stuff, along with integrating the math classes into the existing 3 model plugins. I don't think I've done anything non-plugin-authors will care about, though. (or I forgot, which will tend to happen when I start going more than a week or two without a release)

The classes are a lot friendlier than the existing C-based math library interface, and they mostly just encapsulate that. Although I did end up writing a decent bit of original functionality into them as well. But mainly, I was just getting sick of not having operator overrides for my vectors.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

I know you don't like feature requests, but is there a chance of getting a "group meshes by texture" option? It would be so much easier for some models, like some maps and the KHBBS models. For some reason models have 53+ different meshes.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Grouping is generally done by material, surface name, and vertex attributes. KHBBS models, from what I gather (based primarily on discussions with revelation), are made up of many different geometry strips with differing vertex attributes. Because the vertex attributes are regularly changing as the model is drawn, it gets broken up a lot. That's just the way it goes.

Although I could probably make it batch more effectively by sorting by material+name+attributes instead of just material+name, I expect you're still going to end up with a fairly decent number of meshes. But I'm not quite sure why you care - if you don't want separate meshes, just merge them in whichever modeling app you're using.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

I feel a little stupid now...I was trying to attach all of the models together, and that caused them to lose their skeletal data. I didn't realise that I could use the group modifier on them.

Thanks anyway lol.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Well, I'd actually already written the functionality in my optimization path for interleaved vertex output, as it turns out. So I just exposed it on an option independent of that, -combinemeshes. No guarantee that it works, since it hasn't really been tested. Except for processing the production assets in my iPhone game, which is a relatively small data set.