Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Darkfox »

Doubled up? You mean the ones where there are two models overlapping each other, each having its own skeleton? I've been able to get them to animate by splitting the NJCM files and loading the NMDM separately, though it'll work on the first model anyways without that.

Unless you mean something else in which I'm sorry if I am misunderstanding. The HEROIN model only has one layer from what I see.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Works for me.

Maken-X files have padding between chunks that Noesis will not parse though, whatever you're using to dump the pac's is probably not stripping padding correctly. I've got an old script to dump them around here somewhere.

Edit: http://code.google.com/p/noesis-plugins ... c_split.py
To use, right-click .pac/.pak and use the "Split Maken-X PAC" menu item. Set DUMP_AS_IMAGES to True at the top if you want to dump the image archives instead of the model ones. It splits models up by NJTL chunks by default.
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

Sorry about that, but thank you for this. Yeah, I suppose my copy and pasting method is a bit hit or miss. This is far more efficient! Thank you!

Oh yeah, there is a SMD parsing problem that causes a model not to load if whitespace is read in the file. This includes animation SMDs. Crowbar, a new and more accurate MDL decompiler produces SMD files formatted in this fashion. Thought I'd let you know about that!
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

If whitespace is read in the file? Lots of whitespace is in SMD files, so I'm not sure what you mean. Feel free to throw one up. I recently made changes to the SMD parser at shadowmoy's request, dunno if that might've broken whatever you're running into.
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

Sent you some examples in PM. Hope you can see what I mean better than I can say it because I'm terrible at explaining things. :lol:
Goldensly
ultra-n00b

Post by Goldensly »

First off, Big fan of the software. Worked so good the first time I used it, it was definitely worth the donation to figure out why I'm having issues this time around.

I'm currently running Win 7 x64 and when i try to preview .MLD models (Skies of Arcadia), I keep getting a pop up with "File Could Not Be Previewed". I've tried to just export the models as well and I get "The File Type Could Not Be Determined". So far I've tried: turning off my anti-virus and unpacking a fresh copy of Noesis, Running it as admin, running it compatibility mode, confirming that everything from the zip file is intact after unpacking, running the update,and getting a fresh copy of the .mld files that I'm trying to convert.

I've been slowing making my way through this board but there are alot of pages and what I've trekked through hasn't led to any possible hints of what I might be missing. Any suggestion would be very welcome.

PS: Noesis v. 409731. I've also tried other versions of Noesis with the same results.

I've also ripped the files from both the DC and GC versions with the same results.
Goldensly
ultra-n00b

Post by Goldensly »

-.- apparently when I was cleaning up my iso's from last time I accidentally kept the the ECH version not the uncompressed....I got it working...love the updates to the software!
gregkwaste
advanced

Post by gregkwaste »

First of all thanks a lot for this magnificent piece of software,
I am playing around with some xpr2 (Xbox360 Files) and i found out that the textures need untiling in order to show them properly and i found out that noesis supports these files and also converts the textures. So is there any source code of the tool so that i can see the function that does this kind of job? The one i am looking for is rapi.imageUntile360Raw.

If that is not possible, can i somehow get that rapi package and use it externally? Because i am also writing in Python and that comes in handy :D
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

I finally put a Noesis release up with those SMD fixes.

Also, Doom map support. I know everyone was eagerly awaiting that one.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

Hell yes doom map support :).
One of the best games ever made.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

MrAdults wrote:I finally put a Noesis release up with those SMD fixes.

Also, Doom map support. I know everyone was eagerly awaiting that one.
Lol A momth awaited update.
Markemp
veteran

Post by Markemp »

I'm just going to put another ping for an updated Cryengine plug-in update. The current one by revelation is (I think) for CE2, and the new format which uses xml material files just seems to be having some minor (but significant) issues with CE3 games, like Star Citizen and MechWarrior Online.

Still can't thank you enough for Noesis though; single-handedly kept me involved in modding work!
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Sorry, no idea about anything CryEngine-related, that's all been handled by third parties and I've never so much as opened a file in a hex editor. I'm not sure if revelation actually reads these forums or not anymore, last I talked to him he handed me a bunch of MGS specs that I've still been too lazy and/or busy to actually sift through for the purpose of making a plugin.
georwar
ultra-n00b

Post by georwar »

I have windows 8 pro 64 Bits
and can. run your application. just one look
do not know why. no longer let me open your application
help
noesis v40975
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

georwar wrote:I have windows 8 pro 64 Bits
and can. run your application. just one look
do not know why. no longer let me open your application
help
noesis v40975
Download the latest noesis to a new folder and try to run it.
http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads