Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Inuyasha Feudal combat revisit~ .DFF And .TXD Files~

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Inuyasha Feudal combat revisit~ .DFF And .TXD Files~

Post by jaden »

mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
DarkScion
veteran

Post by DarkScion »

WTF?! when did this turn into an anime posting thread? Did I miss something? :? Hmmm... Me thinks I need to lay off the LSD for a while... (just kidding).
But seriously, Mario, share the love. We would all greatly appreciate your support of this awesome project- all it would take would a be a single post, no sweat. How about it?
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

first you want that, now you want this...

no manners.. man, and the forum is being over run by 15yos begging for models. First off you all forget this is a FILE RESEARCH SITE. its not for sharing models, thus there should not be any posting of 3D content.

I'd be happy to give you info, heck even tools if you actually had intentions of learning from it. but your all here to leech models.. O_o you might as well enjoy the anime, cause its just as random as these people asking to "give us models"
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Nathen41
advanced

Post by Nathen41 »

DarkScion wrote:WTF?! when did this turn into an anime posting thread? Did I miss something? :? Hmmm... Me thinks I need to lay off the LSD for a while... (just kidding).
But seriously, Mario, share the love. We would all greatly appreciate your support of this awesome project- all it would take would a be a single post, no sweat. How about it?

Ack you ruined the moment :P lol

i felt like i was actually seeing a conversation with those pics~ XD

starting with mine~ "Aww cmon help us out~"

then xawari's "Yeah...."

mariokart~ " But i... well... Err..."

jaden "We'l love you for a long time~"

mariokart "lol"
Nathen41 A.K.A Unaisis of Fenrir
omfgpota
advanced

Post by omfgpota »

mariokart64n wrote:first you want that, now you want this...

no manners.. man, and the forum is being over run by 15yos begging for models. First off you all forget this is a FILE RESEARCH SITE. its not for sharing models, thus there should not be any posting of 3D content.

I'd be happy to give you info, heck even tools if you actually had intentions of learning from it. but your all here to leech models.. O_o you might as well enjoy the anime, cause its just as random as these people asking to "give us models"
kudos to that :D
serenedays9
ultra-n00b

Post by serenedays9 »

I'd be interested in said information or possible tools.

Offtopic, learned a lot from your ragdoll tut on FP btw. :]
xawari
beginner

Post by xawari »

Well, I could probably understand if copyright owners refuse to make their work freely available to public and get angry at people like us, but... how do I say it... Between us, game hackers and modders, there's an unspoken rule to help each other in our efforts. This topic doesn't seem to fall under that way of things. :(

Anyway I've contributed my part and wish luck to those people working on the conversion tool.
I'll keep TXD tool on my site and I can host DFF tools it there'll be any.
no manners.. man, and the forum is being over run by 15yos begging for models
wtf? dunno for sure, but I thought you missed by about a decade.

PS:
I'd be happy to blahblahblah...
Don't make excuses for just being a greedy bastard :P
printf("%d years in gamedev!\n", SysGetDate().year - 2001);
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

right....

anyway the script isnt mine, so I'll leave it up to the author if he wishes to release it or not. sorry about the anime pics, I thought it was amusing
Nathen41
advanced

Post by Nathen41 »

Well am not upset XD~ since it wasnt your script, I totally agree with you holding it and not giving out without the author's permission.

:keke:
Nathen41 A.K.A Unaisis of Fenrir
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

@mariokart64n
The anime picture is amusing and very refreshing :) :) :) :) :)
DarkScion
veteran

Post by DarkScion »

:eek: ........ I asked for a tool, not models. I HAVE the models, it is the conversion I need. I DO intend to learn from them, in fact 3d modeling is my primary interest in this website. Secondly, I am NOT anywhere close to 15 years old, and I was not being rude. Im sorry if I offended you, but I was just pushing for what everybody else on this thread is looking for.
Perhaps you could direct us to the author of the tool, maybe he would give permission to use it (although I don't know why it would be kept so hush hush in the first place, when it would obviously help out the game modding/3d modeling community greatly)

For all you Inuyasha/other DFF conversion people in this thread, I have gotten back in contact with FurryFan, who converted one of the DFFs I had from a PS2 game with a very similar format to what you all are interested in converting. I will check out his conversion, and see if he might be able to work out a converter or tutorial for us.
kjw2254
ultra-n00b

Post by kjw2254 »

ultra quality yasha3D!! :)
Last edited by kjw2254 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

kjw2254 where did you get that inuyasha model ???
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

@kjw2254 nice model, looks like its rendered in blender, but a bit lowpoly for a fan created model.. if it was created from scratch they could have subdivided it.. so I'm guessing your not the author of that model.

@DarkScion
chrrox made the script, as for the format its very easy. almost 80% of the PS2 games use the same method of storing geometry. you have 4bytes that give ID,count, and sizes then the verts. faces are generated on the go for every 3 verts.

since this works by giving you an ID, you can just scan through a file can collect and convert all known IDs. the problem with that is, sometime you'll grab data that is not that of what you would expect, and you'd import garbage. I'm guessing thats why the script wasn't posted.. as 70% of the time it wont work, without further modification. how ever I'm pretty good at 3d editing, so its not hard for me to cleanup the model.

also I don't see you guys trying to analyze the format in any way.. so I dont get what your going on about.