Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
D3FEKT
n00b

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by D3FEKT »

minime891 wrote:I just extracted them as a normal zip file which worked. Then renamed them with advanced renamer.
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/689e/m ... vnrbzg.jpg
Hmm weird, what program do you use? Everything I try just errors. You can extract this zip fine? https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkwb2ufnzys54 ... g.zip?dl=0
javadst
n00b

Post by javadst »

Hello.
I use Powershell for install "Forza Horizon 3 .Appx" file.[~49GB Siz]
after install i cant open or extract any data like text or image data or zip.[because all file encrypted and nothing simple zip or xml file]
i use quickbms zip script for extract files but nothing work correctly.
please help me to decrypt installed data or show another way to reinstall it if i wrong ...
thanx
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

yeah I finally able to update my os version to one that would allow me to move my install of forza horizon 3 but what I have on my external HDD is gibberish files and folders

the main folder with all the data is called "gq6$l" and when you click to open it it opens alright but all I have is rows of simular gibberish ie: "^$8qgl1$^yl~~q1~.,$u"

now I can download and transfer forza 6 apex just fine and be able to access all the files but this is just useless. I get the feeling that that renamer might decypt it but I have to admit after an hour of playing with the renamer I am not getting anywhere. any help from those who've decrypted this all would be greatly appreciated.
AirOne
beginner

Post by AirOne »

Guys from cs.rin.ru have decrypted data from gq6$l, haven't tried yet, but will do this week:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comme ... their_efs/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQUI5IUcWhQ
OfficerUnderwood
ultra-n00b

Post by OfficerUnderwood »

So what is the current situation with ripping models from Forza Horizon 3? A little confused. Really wanting to get that CVPI.
LMM23
ultra-n00b

Post by LMM23 »

OfficerUnderwood wrote:So what is the current situation with ripping models from Forza Horizon 3? A little confused. Really wanting to get that CVPI.
The model and texture files have been ripped. Models in 'modelbin' format and textures in 'swatchbin' format. But there is no way to open these files
OfficerUnderwood
ultra-n00b

LMM23 wrote:
OfficerUnderwood wrote:So what is the current situation with ripping models from Forza Horizon 3? A little confused. Really wanting to get that CVPI.
The model and texture files have been ripped. Models in 'modelbin' format and textures in 'swatchbin' format. But there is no way to open these files
The question... where to get these files while waiting for tools?
minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

OfficerUnderwood wrote:The question... where to get these files while waiting for tools?
Come on man if i can get them any one can.
OfficerUnderwood
ultra-n00b

minime891 wrote:
OfficerUnderwood wrote:The question... where to get these files while waiting for tools?
Sorry... I guess? I'm very confused on where to get them and plus all the links I click on are expired. So it must be pretty hard, eh?
D3FEKT
n00b

Post by D3FEKT »

minime891 wrote:
I still don't even know how you got the zip's all in "store" method. My horizon 3 zip's are all in method 22 compression which is a new one. Mind giving links (in pm if must) to where you got that?
minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

My bad the link i got the FH3 file from is now dead. I wouldn't mind uploading them should there be updated tools.
But it seems a waste of time at the moment seeing as you can't use them yet. That's why i only posted a few.
Justdragos
advanced

Post by Justdragos »

Hello! Can somebody please tell me the right way to extract the cars from forza, 4 i want to have the slod (autovista) version of the cars, I have the forza 4 on 2 cds, but somehow i cant find how to extract the cars anymore, the exact programs you need to extract the cars.
minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

Justdragos wrote:Hello! Can somebody please tell me the right way to extract the cars from forza, 4 i want to have the slod (autovista) version of the cars, I have the forza 4 on 2 cds, but somehow i cant find how to extract the cars anymore, the exact programs you need to extract the cars.
I would just download them from gamemodels.ru to be honest or other sites a like.
minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

Just a couple of rims and the shared textures file. Most of the textures in shared are still .xds fyi.
https://www.mediafire.com/?kh82d64xfpz5qtn

Hope Chipicao gets some time soon, would be a nice xmas with these models. :D
minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

One of the new DLC cars as if i remember correctly they have been known to change slightly.
2016 Dodge Viper ACR
https://www.mediafire.com/?0mb1q1440ga4ybu