Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by bigBear »

StillDre wrote:Hi, i'm new here and don't quite understand where to download what, to could extract from fm3/fm4 .iso? I want to use some circuite textures and some models of it from FM3 and some cars from FM4.. Thx in advance
First off all, welcome to the forum.

To extract .iso, you'll need:
http://konsolenprofis.de/downloads/download.php?id=1499
Scroll down till you see the red Download.

As you see, this topic has lots of pages.
FM4 is just a few months out and there hasn't been figured out the most things.
The only thing that are supported are the lod0 models.
That's all, the other big problems are the UV-mappings.
On some models, like Autovista, the UV-mapping is a bit right, but it needs huge scaling.
And other models, like the normal models when racing, have screwed up UV-mappings.
The only thing to fix the mapping is doing it ourself.
But as you see, the models contains lots of objects.

About the circuite textures, you can try this:
http://codeescape.com/2011/01/forza-2-a ... tion-tool/

Good luck :)
Kira3800
ultra-n00b

Post by Kira3800 »

Hello everyone
I am new here and my forza studio did not work
when i double-click it,it has no reaction
XNA 3.1 and Net 4.0 was installed

Sorry for my poor English
My OS is Win7 Home Basic, ASUS N45SF
Pfreak
n00b

Post by Pfreak »

Is there finally a simple way of importing / exporting these models into max having a nice mesh, without those bumps and partly crazy mesh?
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by bigBear »

Can a moderator/admin please clean up these newbies questions?
The last pages this topic is getting filled up with these new noobs asking for how to extracting iso's
and crazy old bumps when importing an FM 3/4 model.
Just read the thread before you motherfucking post!

@Pfreak, you are almost two years or so to ask that question.
See that bold font, read it and use it.
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

Maybe the first post should be updated?
I don't even know if there's an import/export script.

Presumably there is cause pfreak has imported it with "bumps and crazy meshes"
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by bigBear »

Ernegien has put his site on profile which contains very usefull information and tools.

But for Forza Studio to extract Forza models to obj:
http://codeescape.com/2010/11/forza-stu ... -xbox-360/

If you get these crazy bumps and meshes, it's either your 3DS Max version or something else.
Importing in Zmodeler2 there are no problems.
Pfreak
n00b

Post by Pfreak »

Oh Boy, sorry bigBear for asking a question. It wasnt an offense, just wondering if there was a proper solution or not. Is this the wrong section to ask? I couldnt find a better place. Correct me, if i am wrong.
And i still couldnt find a perfect way for smoothing the 3ds files in Max, so they come out real clean and smooth. :o
Diatribal
n00b

Can anyone help me please?

Post by Diatribal »

Hey everybody, thank you for reading my post.

I have been a loyal follower since extracting Forza 3 models and have never really experienced any problems at all, until Forza 4 :huh:

I just cannot get Forza Studio to work on my computer?! I have tried: Forza Studio 7.9.10, Forza Studio 10.17.11 and even Forza Studio 5.29.10 and I get the same boring error message every time?! Just to difuse any trollers who are bored and want to argue... I have searched extensively through this forum and Ernegien's main site http://codeescape.com (including the 39 comments) and haven't found any solution to this at all?? It looks like Ernegien hasn't been in here since the end of December, so I was hoping there might be someone else who could kindly help?

I get the following error message:
"You slipped one past the goalie! Please check the error log for more information."

Okay.. so I've checked the error log and I get this:

System.InvalidOperationException: An unexpected error has occurred.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice..ctor(GraphicsAdapter adapter, DeviceType deviceType, IntPtr renderWindowHandle, PresentationParameters presentationParameters)
at ForzaStudio.ForzaStudioForm.CreateDevice()
at ForzaStudio.ForzaStudioForm.MainLoop()
at ForzaStudio.ForzaStudioForm.Form1_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

I'm pretty sure it's my graphics card that's causing the problem, but what is the solution? I have installed everything needed to run the software (all necessary .NET Frameworks and XNA Framework 3.1) and have no problem with the older version of Forza Studio for Forza 3 models?

Any help or a solution would be very much appreciated!

Thank you for reading...
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by bigBear »

@Pfreak, no offense or anything else.
You see, this topic is the most popular topic on the entire Xentax site.
Lots of us has the problem you mentioned.
But it's somewhere else in the middle of this topic, when FS got released to test them out.
Some 3D apps have problems with the crazy bumps and meshes.
But in the end FS has been fixed, after all, it was not FS which caused these crazy bumps and meshes.
It depends on which 3D app you are using.
Zmodeler2 imports the FM models very fine without these bumps.

But, GTAInside is fullfilled with FM converts lol

And Diatribal, I'm very sure you have an Intel GMA chipsets.
Am I right?
If that's so, there is no way to import and export FM models :(
Diatribal
n00b

Post by Diatribal »

bigBear wrote:And Diatribal, I'm very sure you have an Intel GMA chipsets.
Am I right?
Hey BigBear, many thanks for your kind response!

My graphics card is:
Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family (I know, I know.. I need a new computer!) :wink:

The only thing I am slightly curious about, is that I have been able to use previous versions of Forza Studio with Forza 3 and export FM models with no problems whatsoever? Is there really that much difference between Forza Studio for FM3 and Forza Studio for FM4?

Thanks again!
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Can anyone help me please?

Post by Ernegien »

Diatribal wrote:Hey everybody, thank you for reading my post.

I have been a loyal follower since extracting Forza 3 models and have never really experienced any problems at all, until Forza 4 :huh:

I just cannot get Forza Studio to work on my computer?! I have tried: Forza Studio 7.9.10, Forza Studio 10.17.11 and even Forza Studio 5.29.10 and I get the same boring error message every time?! Just to difuse any trollers who are bored and want to argue... I have searched extensively through this forum and Ernegien's main site http://codeescape.com (including the 39 comments) and haven't found any solution to this at all?? It looks like Ernegien hasn't been in here since the end of December, so I was hoping there might be someone else who could kindly help?

I get the following error message:
"You slipped one past the goalie! Please check the error log for more information."

Okay.. so I've checked the error log and I get this:

System.InvalidOperationException: An unexpected error has occurred.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice..ctor(GraphicsAdapter adapter, DeviceType deviceType, IntPtr renderWindowHandle, PresentationParameters presentationParameters)
at ForzaStudio.ForzaStudioForm.CreateDevice()
at ForzaStudio.ForzaStudioForm.MainLoop()
at ForzaStudio.ForzaStudioForm.Form1_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

I'm pretty sure it's my graphics card that's causing the problem, but what is the solution? I have installed everything needed to run the software (all necessary .NET Frameworks and XNA Framework 3.1) and have no problem with the older version of Forza Studio for Forza 3 models?

Any help or a solution would be very much appreciated!

Thank you for reading...
Could be a graphics card issue or possibly even an invalid XNA installation (or wrong version) but I can't remember the difference in exceptions thrown at the moment. You say you were able to get previous builds running fine? Are you using the same hardware as before to run it?
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Ernegien »

Diatribal wrote:
bigBear wrote:And Diatribal, I'm very sure you have an Intel GMA chipsets.
Am I right?
Hey BigBear, many thanks for your kind response!

My graphics card is:
Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family (I know, I know.. I need a new computer!) :wink:

The only thing I am slightly curious about, is that I have been able to use previous versions of Forza Studio with Forza 3 and export FM models with no problems whatsoever? Is there really that much difference between Forza Studio for FM3 and Forza Studio for FM4?

Thanks again!
If you're having trouble running Forza Studio due to a graphics card issue, try the builds below and let me know if you're still having any problems...

http://codeescape.com/temp/ForzaStudioFM3.zip (most forza 3 carbin and track files)
http://codeescape.com/temp/ForzaStudioFM4.zip (forza 4 lod0 only)
Diatribal
n00b

Re: Can anyone help me please?

Post by Diatribal »

Ernegien wrote: Could be a graphics card issue or possibly even an invalid XNA installation (or wrong version) but I can't remember the difference in exceptions thrown at the moment. You say you were able to get previous builds running fine? Are you using the same hardware as before to run it?
Hey Ernegien!

Wow! What an honour to have you respond! Thank you very much for your time! I must congratulate you on such an awesome piece of software and say how grateful I have been for being able to export my favourite car models into 3ds Max!

Yeah, using exactly the same setup as previously and I can still export carbin's to OBJ's with no problems at all (using Forza Studio 4.20.10). On a side note, I have never been able to see a preview of the 3D 'carbin' (object) in either the 'Viewport' or 'Information', but that didn't matter to me as I only needed to convert the carbin to an OBJ file. Once I had the OBJ I was able to import it into 3ds Max (2011) with no problems at all.

There shouldn't be a hardware problem if I was able to successfully export carbins from Forza 3 should there?

Thanks again for your time and response...
Diatribal
n00b

Post by Diatribal »

Ernegien wrote: If you're having trouble running Forza Studio due to a graphics card issue, try the builds below and let me know if you're still having any problems...

http://codeescape.com/temp/ForzaStudioFM3.zip (most forza 3 carbin and track files)
http://codeescape.com/temp/ForzaStudioFM4.zip (forza 4 lod0 only)
Hey, thanks again for the kind advice Ernegien. This copy of Forza Studio (ForzaStudioFM4.zip) worked fine! :wv:

I know it's only a beta at the moment but just thought I'd let you that I still couldn't see a preview of the object in the viewport window (more likely to be my crap computer than Forza Studio itself!), but was able to successfully export a carbin file (Autovista Aston Martin) to OBJ. Just imported it (or part of it at least) into 3ds Max 2011 and it's working fine!

Many thanks for your help and advice Ernegien, I grately appreciate your time and dedication to this awesome project!