Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
nick22savino
beginner

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by nick22savino »

how do i resize the dashboards to the right scale? cause i have my dashes in 2 different sizes
Doc0
n00b

Post by Doc0 »

nick22savino wrote:how do i resize the dashboards to the right scale? cause i have my dashes in 2 different sizes
For myself with blender i use the gauges, the center console and other parts of the car as placeholders. Same for the size.
Lod1 dashboard cas also be used to have the right place and size, especially for the steering wheel.

One thing that can help is to use mesh from older forza extracted models, horizon or FM3.
nick22savino
beginner

Post by nick22savino »

Doc0 wrote:
nick22savino wrote:how do i resize the dashboards to the right scale? cause i have my dashes in 2 different sizes
For myself with blender i use the gauges, the center console and other parts of the car as placeholders. Same for the size.
Lod1 dashboard cas also be used to have the right place and size, especially for the steering wheel.

One thing that can help is to use mesh from older forza extracted models, horizon or FM3.
is there a way to stretch the meshes out to selected points on the right scaled meshes?
Doc0
n00b

Post by Doc0 »

nick22savino wrote:
Doc0 wrote:

is there a way to stretch the meshes out to selected points on the right scaled meshes?
Could be but i think it's faster to make it by trial and error, i take the mesh, scale it with "S", place it roughly on the right place and with combinaisons of "G" and "S" in the 3 axles separately i adjust until i'm satisfied. For an old dashboard it takes 2/3 minutes but for modern ones that can exceed 10 minutes, price for the design i guess.
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

Does anyone have any pointers towards where the materials could be exported too? I really want to work on models but the material creation is very tedious to carry out, now that model assembly is easy to go through with and UV maps are alright
charliedontsurf
ultra-n00b

Post by charliedontsurf »

So have the majority of cars been extracted? are they stored somewhere?

Is it possible to make a request? I am looking for the model of the International Harvester Scout. Thanks :)
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

charliedontsurf wrote:Is it possible to make a request? I am looking for the model of the International Harvester Scout. Thanks :)
Of course you can. But since this is not a "models exchange forum" don't expect too many helpers to serve your needs. :)

btw: would be interesting to compare an extracted and textured model of the Scout to this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV3tPUJJ2m0
(for all those who don't own the game)
Last edited by shakotay2 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

charliedontsurf wrote:So have the majority of cars been extracted? are they stored somewhere?

Is it possible to make a request? I am looking for the model of the International Harvester Scout. Thanks :)
https://my.mixtape.moe/eemnuq.zip
charliedontsurf
ultra-n00b

Post by charliedontsurf »

Frazzlee wrote:
charliedontsurf wrote:So have the majority of cars been extracted? are they stored somewhere?

https://my.mixtape.moe/eemnuq.zip
Thanks Frazzlee :)
SentryGunMan
ultra-n00b

Post by SentryGunMan »

does anyone have JUST the shared texture swatchbins they could zip up? i'm interested in porting some of the models but the majority of the textures are missing such as rivet_003 etc. any help would be appreciated
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

SentryGunMan wrote:does anyone have JUST the shared texture swatchbins they could zip up? i'm interested in porting some of the models but the majority of the textures are missing such as rivet_003 etc. any help would be appreciated
Give me an hour or so
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

check this folder when they finish uploading, I won't be at home when they finish so here is folder link in advance

https://mega.nz/#F!MRUnCKoC!t4WPrxpMsRPSrqQpaC9LMQ
Doc0
n00b

Post by Doc0 »

http://sim-garage.co.uk/3dsimed3-download/

3DSimED seems to work now on the modelbin. Scaling and uv seems mostly O.K. But its only 20 days trial so be fast to use it :(

Don't know if there is a batch script for that, but i had to import each modelbin one by one. Don't forget to use the export plug-in to export. The fbx generated is one single mesh, easy to split with blender but seems to give problem to friends of mine using 3Dmax.

Look like there are issues of normal on some meshes too.

For blender user, import all the fbx (fbx binary is mandatory), scale x100 and rotate 180° and you have the exact same thing that H2O generated obj.

I prefer the MakeH2O way, so i will use this one for the dashboard, wipers, doors and where uv are usefull.
SandroX
beginner

Post by SandroX »

Doc0 wrote:http://sim-garage.co.uk/3dsimed3-download/

3DSimED seems to work now on the modelbin. Scaling and uv seems mostly O.K. But its only 20 days trial so be fast to use it :(

Don't know if there is a batch script for that, but i had to import each modelbin one by one. Don't forget to use the export plug-in to export. The fbx generated is one single mesh, easy to split with blender but seems to give problem to friends of mine using 3Dmax.

Look like there are issues of normal on some meshes too.

For blender user, import all the fbx (fbx binary is mandatory), scale x100 and rotate 180° and you have the exact same thing that H2O generated obj.

I prefer the MakeH2O way, so i will use this one for the dashboard, wipers, doors and where uv are usefull.
What cars you have opened?

When I try to import acu_nsx_16.carbin for example, 3DSimED3simple shuting down with "Program stop working..."
Doc0
n00b

Post by Doc0 »

SandroX wrote:
What cars you have opened?

When I try to import acu_nsx_16.carbin for example, 3DSimED3simple shuting down with "Program stop working..."
yep, like i said work on MODELBIN for horizon 3 cars, works on carbin only for APEX cars. You have to convert each part modelbin.

I tried with success with parts from F100 trophy truck, cadiallac sedan 2016, holden sandman....