Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Frazzlee
advanced

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by Frazzlee »

zerozone wrote:
Frazzlee wrote:
zerozone wrote:Hi Again guys, someone could give me a hand on the tires and rims?

I can imagine I need to scale them up, but I have no idea of how much, or if there is any standard scale for them
I saw that they are over stretched on X axis (or Y or Z depending on the software) but doesn't look like is scaled up, look more like you have to move some of the vertex down
Also on the tires they are all really fuck up, the thickness of all of them is always the same, so I presume they have some kind of morphing system that I'll try to replicate

At the end what I would love to know is what scale ratio did you use for the rims on other cars, or if someone knows where I can find the dimensions of the standard tires for this kind of cars
Again Thank you!!! :D
Take a fender and platform from appropriate car and scale to match that
Thank you Frazzlee, that would work if I don't care about precision and I had the tires with the rims, also that doesn't give me any reference for the tire width :(
What do you need it for, surely you can use in reference to something, because here we have no scale to put everything against
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

zerozone wrote:Hi Again guys, someone could give me a hand on the tires and rims?

I can imagine I need to scale them up, but I have no idea of how much, or if there is any standard scale for them
Sizes for default wheels is available in FH3\Media\DB\gamedb.slt - Data_Car table, columns: FrontTireWidthMM, FrontTireAspect, FrontWheelDiameterIN, RearTireWidthMM, RearTireAspect, RearWheelDiameterIN.

You can open gamedb.slt with DB Browser for SQLite.
zerozone
n00b

Post by zerozone »

There is a problem with the UVs, the coordinates are correct, but they are adapted to cover the full UV frame, you can clearly see that on the small strikers, all of them cover the full frame, there is any hope of fixing this in the future?

That and the wrong scale on some objects are the only real problems so far...
DIMOH33
ultra-n00b

Post by DIMOH33 »

Just fix the scale problem, it would be enough. thx
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

DIMOH33 wrote:Just fix the scale problem, it would be enough. thx
It's not really a issue. I find it's not hard to scale and do all the skeleton door placements. Sure, it would help if it came out all perfect; what members here have provided is much appreciated and it is usable. Most models have weld issues too but easy to correct.

For right side doors that do not work with skeleton. I suggest mirror the left door components and use view points (Top, Left) to level the right side door parts to it.
brianmoyano
ultra-n00b

Post by brianmoyano »

brianmoyano wrote:Hi, i don't know if this is the best place to ask, but since we have the files for the game, can we get the images of the cars with transparent backgrounds?

Like this one
I'm still looking for this. Does somebody know where i can find them?
minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

brianmoyano wrote:
brianmoyano wrote:Hi, i don't know if this is the best place to ask, but since we have the files for the game, can we get the images of the cars with transparent backgrounds?

Like this one
I already said that they're in the stripped folder. And then in RC13HiRes.zip or rc14hires.zip and maybe some others i have not looked.

You said you already had the Dev build so if you need more help just ask.
brianmoyano
ultra-n00b

Post by brianmoyano »

minime891 wrote:
brianmoyano wrote:

Like this one
I already said that they're in the stripped folder. And then in RC13HiRes.zip or rc14hires.zip and maybe some others i have not looked.

You said you already had the Dev build so if you need more help just ask.
Yes, sorry. I didn't know what the 'stripped' folder was, so i asked for the location of the files and didn't got a response. But now i found something with that name files. I'm donwloading part of the torrent again, thanks.

Edit: So, i unpacked every zip (Except RC14hires.zip because it wasn't there) and i only found .swatchbin files. Should i do something to convert them? Am i looking into the wrong folder?
TolikGT
beginner

Post by TolikGT »

brianmoyano
ultra-n00b

Post by brianmoyano »

Thanks, i replied to your mp, but i reply you here too.
I am not looking for the 3D models, but the png images with transparent background, like the cars in games when you see them in the auction house and so.
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

brianmoyano wrote:
Thanks, i replied to your mp, but i reply you here too.
I am not looking for the 3D models, but the png images with transparent background, like the cars in games when you see them in the auction house and so.
Use swb2dds to convert to DDS format (intel plugin needed)
zwrtron
beginner

Post by zwrtron »

@brianmoyano - Thumbnails are inside

Code: Select all

media\ui\textures\Thumbnails.zip
& you can convert them to dds using Swatchbin Converter and then to your favorite format quickly, using Photoshop actions and Automate Batch process. However, latest (not released) version of Swatchbin Converter 0.40 supports convertsion to PNG and BMP, but unfortunatelly, there is problem with BC5 compression on which the tool fails for no reason.
Frazzlee
advanced

Post by Frazzlee »

zwrtron wrote:@brianmoyano - Thumbnails are inside

& you can convert them to dds using Swatchbin Converter and then to your favorite format quickly, using Photoshop actions and Automate Batch process. However, latest (not released) version of Swatchbin Converter 0.40 supports convertsion to PNG and BMP, but unfortunatelly, there is problem with BC5 compression on which the tool fails for no reason.
Where exactly does it fail
brianmoyano
ultra-n00b

Post by brianmoyano »

zwrtron wrote:@brianmoyano - Thumbnails are inside

Thank you so much! This is what i was looking for.
zwrtron
beginner

Post by zwrtron »

Frazzlee wrote:Where exactly does it fail
While using DirectXTex-master suite framework by Microsoft and their decompiler, it throws following error for BC5_UNORM only, even if forcing compression. Other compression are just fine.
The input is valid.

reading BC5_UNORM.dds (256x256,9 BC5_UNORM 2D) as (256x256 R8G8_UNORM 2D)
writing BC5_UNORM.BMP FAILED (80070032)