Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post by bigBear »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

He said they are similar just some diffrences in header of the file so whats the problem? :ninja:
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Engineer wrote:He said they are similar just some diffrences in header of the file so whats the problem? :ninja:
i want support fm1/2 too, but maybe Ernegien have other things to do 8) and he will add supporting of forza 1/2 as soon as he can
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

I severly doubt it will be done.Gran Turismo 4 has more cars than forza 3 and still is untouched considering many requests on xentax..
gpktm
beginner

Post by gpktm »

Ya, sure there are many other games which you can find car they don't exist in FM3. Like Project Gotham Racing, Gran Turismo, etc. And many of us want to do some modding, but, Energier is the only guy knows how to make a research, and I guess isn't easy also. So since he has prioreties and don't getting paid for what he is doing, we can't push him making something else. I really wish we knew how to mod games, but... :[
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

I agree some have this other have this =)
ALYX
advanced

Post by ALYX »

So maybe we can donate Energier to make a support of Project Gotham Racing, Midnight Club LA, Import Tuner Challenge, Gran Turismo etc
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

ALYX wrote:So maybe we can donate Energier to make a support of Project Gotham Racing, Midnight Club LA, Import Tuner Challenge, Gran Turismo etc
I think we all do not have so much money, and Ernegien do not have so much lives :)
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
damusto
beginner

Post by damusto »

Hello gentlemen, I'm new here...
...I followed up this thread and I have tried the soft. I would like to share my reflections:
(just for information, Im working as architect using professional CAD software)
Now I did watch carefully imported in to Forza Studio (FM3)carbine file in Forza before export (I did also small camera set changes, to get better inspecting the mesh)
Now the "smooth" problem that we have here, seems not smoothing at all to me. It seems not normals problem as well.
This seems like Forza Studio need to be more precise during importing process, because in some cases, when the points are very close FS are weld them, now this is real problem I think, everything else seems like results of that.
I can post some pictures however all of U can see this by dooing right zoom, is there any chance to force FS to be more careful ?
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Ernegien »

damusto wrote:Hello gentlemen, I'm new here...
...I followed up this thread and I have tried the soft. I would like to share my reflections:
(just for information, Im working as architect using professional CAD software)
Now I did watch carefully imported in to Forza Studio (FM3)carbine file in Forza before export (I did also small camera set changes, to get better inspecting the mesh)
Now the "smooth" problem that we have here, seems not smoothing at all to me. It seems not normals problem as well.
This seems like Forza Studio need to be more precise during importing process, because in some cases, when the points are very close FS are weld them, now this is real problem I think, everything else seems like results of that.
I can post some pictures however all of U can see this by dooing right zoom, is there any chance to force FS to be more careful ?
Hello damusto, unfortunately Forza Studio is pretty much as precise as it can get. As far as I know (I would really love if someone would prove me wrong and fix the issue), the smoothing issues you are experiencing are due to the lack of precision in the datatypes used to store the vertex data. The accompanying normals offset these smoothing problems and make things render fine ingame (as well as any modeling application that can preserve those normals upon import). However, when recalculating new normals off of the less precise vertex data, things don't look so good anymore...
damusto
beginner

Post by damusto »

So, if I understand you correctly,the problem is not to construe the verts record, only the record itself right ?
Ok I'm glad I You did explain it to me, thanks Mate.

in that case I need to try now this method right ?

1. Exported a Car from Forza Studio
2. Imported the Obj in 3DS Max
3. Exported as Open Collada
4. Imported in 3D SimEd
5. Exported as Open Collada dae
6. Imported in 3DS Max again

However I need some tip, because something is not working proper. I did try that already, unfortunately landed on some problem.
I am able to done only the first 5 points, then when I try to import it in 3DS Max again I cant - seems that something is wrong with file ? Could any one please help me to solve it, where can I commit an mistake ?
AirOne
beginner

Post by AirOne »

@ damusto
You want something like this?
Try this:
Import CARBIN with Forza Studio and export as OBJ.
Import OBJ with DeepExploration and export as X.
Import X with 3DSimEd and export as DAE.
Import DAE with 3dsmax and you're done!
damusto
beginner

Post by damusto »

Yes Mate, You are right, this is exactly what you need.

Thanks for the instructions, and advantage of the opportunity thanks for your nice download section too, great job, I will try your method today after work, thanks again.

BTW
nice render
damusto
beginner

Post by damusto »

Fantastic thanks, this method works great !!!
freddyx93
ultra-n00b

Post by freddyx93 »

Hello, i have a Question about Exporting Cars out of Forza 3.
I Have the New Xbox 360 Slim and the Original Game, i have Disk 1 Put in into my Blu Ray Drive and all i see is 151 Megabytes and a Stucture of a Normal Video DVD.
Now i have tried to Connect the 250GB HDD (Sata) from The XBox 360 Slim to my PC, but no connection -.- (xplorer360) or what ever.
What System uses Microsoft on the New Slim XBox?
FATX,HSF?
I found nothing on the Internet about that.