Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

smackdown vs raw 2010

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
DRAVEN
advanced

Re: smackdown vs raw 2010

Post by DRAVEN »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Okay here's a preview. At the moment just a simple .PT explorer.
ptexp.jpg
ptexp2.jpg
It just opens and saves .PT files. Not idiot-proof mind you and a pre-alpha version, will probably crash when corrupted files are attempted to be opened.

I've been thinking, perhaps these are textures were originally DDS files, you know, the 8-bit, palette + 256 colours + alpha type with uncompressed bitmap. Would make sense in terms of xbox ?
ptexplorer.zip

^--- new one!
At a guess I would say it's DDS as it does have a alpha channel in the game plus all other textures I have seen in the game are..
Also Great work again Mr.Mouse :keke:
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

I keep getting the error "Invalid picture runtime error 481" when trying to open the paint file.

The format of the model textures are dxt5 dds files with a custom alpha channel and mip maps. The alpha channel contains the same wrestler texture with sweat which appears as the match progesses.

Its likely that the paint tool would have the same format minus the mip maps as its the native format of the game.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Strange, did you copy all the files (2 of them into the same folder?)
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

Managed to get it to work. I replaced my COMDLG32.OCX file with a newer version and put everything into the same folder. Tool is awesome :)
DRAVEN
advanced

Post by DRAVEN »

any news on how the import export part of the tool is coming?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Well, it can extract now. I think the textures are not DXT5 as they are uncompressed. BMP with alpha does seem likely.

Here's the update:
ptexplorer_0_1_2.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

Awesome! I love how this is coming along. If you need help testing anything just let me know.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Okay, so test this. Backup your .pt file. Please export a slot as .bmp, then import it back into the same slot from that file. Now save the .pt file and try that one out in the game. Is that accurate in the game?
ptexplorer_0_1_3.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Okay, so test this. Backup your .pt file. Please export a slot as .bmp, then import it back into the same slot from that file. Now save the .pt file and try that one out in the game. Is that accurate in the game?
ptexplorer_0_1_3.7z
I tried this. It seemed to import fine, although the images were upside down in the preview window. When I get it back into the game and go to the Paint tool, I get a message telling me that the Paint data is corrupted and cannot be used.

Can I make a suggestion, as long as you're in this working on it? When you go to save the *.pt file (File/Save), the file dialog is asking you to save it as a *.bmp. You might want to change that to a *.pt to prevent confusion.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Last edited by FatalArms on Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

Well I decided to rehash and resign the file for save measures after I tested and it seemed to have worked. I exported and reimported the same file with success, and then opened it up in game and everything was good. The only weird thing I had happen is in your preview in your program and in the preview in the game the logos I did this to ended up being all blue and white, but then when I opened them up in game they looked normal.... Kinda odd. I'll try importing a different file over one and see how that goes.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

FatalArms wrote:Hmmm. The "Export" feature seems to not work on the BMPs that I've imported. I hit Export, I pick the destination folder, I type in the file name, I hit Save....the dialog box goes away but there's no file where I told it to put one.
Okay, so which files were you trying to import? Can you upload one of them?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

JBP wrote:Well I decided to rehash and resign the file for save measures after I tested and it seemed to have worked. I exported and reimported the same file with success, and then opened it up in game and everything was good. The only weird thing I had happen is in your preview in your program and in the preview in the game the logos I did this to ended up being all blue and white, but then when I opened them up in game they looked normal.... Kinda odd. I'll try importing a different file over one and see how that goes.
This is VERY important. Can you explain EXACTLY what you did? Because at least you ended up with a file that worked in-game. Please include all procedures and programs you used.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Okay, so which files were you trying to import? Can you upload one of them?
Sorry, just noticed I was doing something wrong on that point. After I realized that, I tried Exporting an Imported one and it worked fine. I edited out my post but you're too quick for me! :)
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

lol ;)