Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Soul Calibur 4

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Sectus
veteran

Re: Soul Calibur 4

Post by Sectus »

zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Thanks a lot friend! Your cool tool works perfectly, it's saved me :)
Making model-import scripts, PM
Aethr
ultra-n00b

Post by Aethr »

Perhaps this is the wrong thread, but maybe someone could help me here. I'm trying to figure out how this was achieved. I can only assume that they extracted the individual Pyrrha create a character parts from SCV's ISO/DLC, opened it in a hex editor, changed some values around, renamed it to an existing SCIV create a character part, and repacked the SCIV ISO. Am I correct? Maybe someone who knows more than me could briefly describe the process? I would love to pack an "SCIV.5" ISO containing costume parts from SCV, and potentially the original character alternate costumes.

Which brings me to question number 2. If I understand the file structure of SCV correctly from my fiddling with save data editing, the original character costumes are stored as a single model but also as a costume part-- meaning, when you create an "edit color" for a 1p/2p in SCV, the save data for that character slot contains a hex value for a single 1P/2P model. Could we, in theory, back port the 1p/2p model and use it to replace, for example, a T-Shirt model, so that when the character equips the T-Shirt model, their entire model is swapped to a 1p/2p from SCV? I feel as though that is too simple. Obviously we could back-port 1p/2p models from SCV as long as they are offered as create a character parts (such as Pyrrha 1p, Natsu 2p, Patroklos 1p and 2p, Ivy 1p and 2p etc), but what about those that are not offered as create a character parts?

Sorry for the bump-- I hope someone could answer these questions for me. I'll likely just get both ISOs and start fooling with them and comparing files and whatnot.
Last edited by Aethr on Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aethr
ultra-n00b

Post by Aethr »

Anyone know where the moveset data is on the disc?