Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Need help on Tales of Vesperia[X360] files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Insomniac
beginner

Re: Need help on Tales of Vesperia[X360] files

Post by Insomniac »

Regarding XPR containers, would someone mind posting the exact structure of an XPR header needed for a texture to work with UnBundler ? I went through the SDK docs, but couldn't find the relevant info. I have some 360 DXTn textures that are "swizzled", but I'm not familiar with the XPR format.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

just create a xpr with one file using the bundler.exe in the sdk so you know the header.
Caboose
advanced

Post by Caboose »

UnBundler.exe gives me a .rdf file that is in XML. How do I extract the actual files?
Insomniac
beginner

Post by Insomniac »

chrrox wrote:just create a xpr with one file using the bundler.exe in the sdk so you know the header.
Thanks, chrrox. That was a clever suggestion, and it worked out nicely. :)

Caboose wrote:UnBundler.exe gives me a .rdf file that is in XML. How do I extract the actual files?
UnBundler usually creates the actual files alongside the RDF file. If you're only getting an empty RDF file, then perhaps the XPR file is a in a different/unusual format?
GlassZeppelin
ultra-n00b

Post by GlassZeppelin »

bwin wrote:TXM structure (C-like code)

Code: Select all

typedef struct TXM_VESPER_DATA_ENTRY {
	uint32 width;
	uint32 height;
	uint32 unknown2;
	uint32 imageformat; // ?? Not sure of that one. 0x18280186 = 32bit A8R8G8B8, 0x1A200154 = ??; 0x1828014F = 16bit A4R4G4B4
	uint32 nameoffset; // from here
	uint8 paddingentry[0x44];
} TXM_VESPER_DATA_ENTRY;

typedef struct TXM_VESPER_HEADER {
	uint32 signature; //0x20000
	uint32 filesize;
	uint32 unknown1; // 0x4 ?
	uint32 filecount;
	uint8 padding1[0x44];
} TXM_VESPER_HEADER;

typedef struct TXM_VESPER_DATA_STRUCT {
	//Header (size 0x54)
	TXM_VESPER_HEADER header;

//Entries
	TXM_VESPER_DATA_ENTRY entries[header.filecount];

//File List
	zstring filenames; //NULL terminated filename list
} TXM_VESPER_DATA_STRUCT;
I've noticed that some of the .txm files, for example all of the ITEM_*.txm files, do not seem to follow this format. I can't seem to get any information out of them...

EDIT: Although I do think I have discovered that the 0x1A200154 value for the imageformat corresponds to D3DFMT_DXT4.
bwin
ultra-n00b

Post by bwin »

@GlassZeppelin

I've made an updated, improved version of that structure descriptor, I'll post it when I get home. I'll also post the FPS4 structure used in some files that didn't work with fatduck's quickBMS script.

Also I've found here that the 0x1A200154 value meant D3DFMT_DXT5 and not D3DFMT_DXT4. And 0x1A200152 means D3DFMT_DXT1. There's, however, one value I couldn't interpret: 0x1A20017B, which you can find in common.svo/texture.dat.

... But I've yet to find the mystic arte cut-ins. If anyone got some kind of clue, don't hesitate.
Romored
beginner

Post by Romored »

I can't understand how did you do to extract those image files! :(
I have the files from the complete game (not the demo), and I'm trying with the exact files you're talking about (COMALL.TXM & TXV). I also have the SDK (76451), and I've been trying to use the programs you mentioned, but I continue to receive errors. If I use COMALL.TXV with Bundler, to create the xpr file, it tells me it can't read it. If I try to deswizzle it with 360deswizzler (I'm using the right program? Is that by darvolt?), it gives me a DDS whose content is messed up and unusable (but the program asks me to give an image dimension... how can I know that? I always put a random value). I even tried with xbdecompress, but same thing as Bundler and Unbundler. I'd be interested in extracting the menu images (like the objects, the cursor, and things like those), but I'm totally noob, in all this. I'm racking my brain to understand how did you do, but I can't. Can someone explain me in detail what the heck have I to do, please? I've been trying for days and I'm starting to get irritated for not being successful. :furious:
bwin
ultra-n00b

Post by bwin »

Hey,

It has been a long time since I've done this, yay for topic reply notifications (I've got all item and recipe pictures though, I can mediafire them if you want) so I don't remember that well, but one important thing is to have the correct version of xbdecompress (6654).

I remember having spent quite a lot of time on this, and by trial and error I got some results.

For COMALL.txv/txm, you'll have to extract each image file one by one, create an xpr header for each of these based on the TXM file and then deswizzle/decompress them with unbundler IIRC (I remember coding something including a quickBMS script to automate the process but my HDD crashed since then and I don't have anything anymore).

360deswizzler only works well with RGBA8 files, and you also have to guess the dimensions based on the size of what you want to deswizzle.

Good luck.

I've also done some work on Graces and Ratatosk if you're interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Romored
beginner

Post by Romored »

If you could mediafire me the objects and recipe pictures you'd do me a real favour...!!! ^_^

I think I have the 7645 version of xbdecompress... It's strange that it doesn't work... Shouldn't it be a superior version of the 6654? That's why I can't extract nothing from txv files?

For Ratatosk, I've already extracted the models and textures of the characters (it's very easy, after all), but I was searching for a way to extract the skit mugshots (I opened a topic in Graphic File Formats some weeks ago: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4890) and the visual effects textures.

Thank you very much for the answer, bwin! :]
bwin
ultra-n00b

Post by bwin »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Romored
beginner

Post by Romored »

I see... So basically it's all very unpredictable. I'll try when I have more time, then >< And I'll also try to find the version of xbdecompress you're saying.

Me too noticed that Graces and Vesperia have very similar formats (I was trying to decompress the content in the .se3 files in both the games, that should contain sound effects)... It's strange to see X360 formats being used on Wii... I wonder what they'll use, on the PS3 version.

Don't know why I can't download the Vesperia zip .__.'' Ratatosk works (there are many things I already ripped via Dolphin), but if I click on the link of Vesperia the dl doesn't start, or if it does it creates a 0-byte file. Can you re-upload it elsewhere? And don't worry, if I manage to do what I'm trying to I'll credit you for sure!!! **
bwin
ultra-n00b

Post by bwin »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Romored
beginner

Post by Romored »

Thanks a lot, bwin! Now it works, I owe you a favour!!
quantico
ultra-n00b

Post by quantico »

Did anyone ever try to decompress the scenario.dat (which seems to contain all the text of the game?)
bwin
ultra-n00b

Post by bwin »

Text actually is in string.svo --> stringxx.so IIRC.