Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Request: AION translation using the .pak file Format

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Marina
ultra-n00b

Request: AION translation using the .pak file Format

Post by Marina »

Hi, i know there is already a Thread about the .pak file format in general but this is more of a specific request so i started a new Thread.

As you may know AION keeps its localization file in either CHS.pak for the Chinese version or ENU.pak for the English (USA) version, as AION is not yet released in the US/EU lots of people play the chinese pay2play final version (version number 1.0).

Of course most of us can't read chinese ;) Lucky for us AION in its 1.0 Version determines the language.pak which is used by checking the Windows Region Settings, so by setting the region to USA our chinese client loads the ENU.pak we retrieved from the current Beta files providing an all english game experience until very high levels.
Unfortunately in a few days (20.7.) the chinese AION Version will update to the 1.2 Version, this version no longer used our windows settings and automaticly selects the chinese one.

Since the korean version already has 1.2, we know of the upcoming complications. Our Eng.pak will remain in it's 1.0 version until the game is released in the western regions and if we simply rename the ENU.pak to CHS.pak the game updated assumes its a corrupted file and starts redownloading since the inside folder structure and some ini files are different.

After this long pretext comes my actual question, I personally will probably be able to make the according changes inside the package files as far as files and folder structure go BUT ( big one :oops: ):
I have no clue how to update the unpacker for the .CHS files, either the current or the updated one much less how the properly repack them so, this is where i need help.

Since the guy who wrote pak2zip.py resides in this forums i thought it would be the right place to ask if its generally possible, will provide samples of the 1.0 CHS.pak, ENU.pak when i get home from the Univerity and ill try to find a korean one asap.

THE HOPES OF THE ENGLISH SPEAKING CAION COMMUNITY RESTS ON YOUR SHOULDERS XD

mfg Marina / Felix / Kane49
chrrox

Re: Request: AION translation using the .pak file Format

Post by chrrox »

I bet they will release the 1.2 enu pac file very shortly as the english beta starts in September.
Even if you could update the version it would not do any good as any new content would not be translated.
Rick

Post by Rick »

1.2 ENU pak still wouldn't work, as the directory would still be named ENU rather than CHS.
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
Marina
ultra-n00b

Post by Marina »

the game is released in september i wont be needing any hacking around then :P
I know that only the old content would appear in english, but thats still way more than nothing :P
Hronos
ultra-n00b

Post by Hronos »

Still not so difficult to replace all the Chinese on the same line of the European pack. I am currently doing a translation of the English client to another language. The only problem is people who must constantly monitor the translation of content.