Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Onechancara Models: Can Someone Make Vertex Dumper

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
kekko
beginner

Re: Onechancara Models: Can Someone Make Vertex Dumper

Post by kekko »

Hi Surveyor,
if you shift vertex start by (vertex_data_size-36)/3, you'll get the meshes in world coordinates:

deformed meshes depend by some vertices with one or two coordinates with apparently wrong values. There must be an explanation for this :)
Last edited by kekko on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

the coordinates are based on the bones.
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

Hi everyone,
As Chrrox said, vertex positions relate to the bones and in a very bizzare manner, After hours of testing and out of desperation, I found a way to fix all this, by applying the most influesive matrix to each vertex (it turned out to be always the 1st matrix per vertex) vertices miraculously got back to normal, I can't explain why and I don't care (yet another japanese game craziness)
Skinning is under way and you can see in the pic below that it works almost perfectly, there are some issues though (hand nails and cowboy hat aren't influenced - not very visible here) and also I think some parts are missing, the hair for example.
The normals are junky as always (see the difference between the girl's back ?) I can't find any solution for this bug , I think I'll switch to collada since this format supports per vertex normals in max, then there are the bones that will give me headaches in this format, I'll need to study it further, not any soon though :)
I want to check texture mapping so is it possible to post the texture files here? (I don't have the game)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

Hi,
There's some more progress on the Oneechanbara TGF models, I used collada and this format is very handy, the stupid normal bug isn't there anymore and I think the missing parts are now present, materials are displayed in viewport so you don't have to set them by hand (all the parameters are already set: diffuse, bumpmap and specular textures).
Still more work is still needed to perfection this converter, the material editor doesn't display the materials in use, this is annoying because some materials need an opactity setting (eyelashes and hair for example)
You can also notice some flipped faces here and there that need to be corrected (not by hand otherwise the normals get bugged)
And of course the skinning which is the most important feature of this converter.
I don't plan to post the converter in this state (before skinning) but if you want to test it like this then just let me know.
And as usual, your comments/suggestions are welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kekko
beginner

Post by kekko »

nice work Surveyor. I'm looking forward to it.
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

Here you go, the oneechanbara model converter, it converts the models into collada, I found this format to be very handy (very hard too) since it handles most of what we need here.
In addtition to typing the filename, you will need to provide a user friendly name to be used in models names, using something like "aya" or "bastard" will help you navigate in max better than having all models named "pl00_00" or "boss_55_05".
If you have the textures then put them in the "tex" directory right where the model is: if your model is "d:/test/model.dae" then place the textures in "d:/test/model/tex/" it's where 3ds max will look when you load the model.
Some faces are flipped wrongly, correct them by hand using "flip normals mode" then apply a MeshSmooth modifier with 0 iterations, wether you put the modifier before or after the skin modifier just doesn't matter.
Skinning looks perfect and I think there aren't any missed objects.
Enjoy!
pceengied
beginner

Post by pceengied »

Surveyor wrote:Here you go, the oneechanbara model converter, it converts the models into collada, I found this format to be very handy (very hard too) since it handles most of what we need here.
In addtition to typing the filename, you will need to provide a user friendly name to be used in models names, using something like "aya" or "bastard" will help you navigate in max better than having all models named "pl00_00" or "boss_55_05".
If you have the textures then put them in the "tex" directory right where the model is: if your model is "d:/test/model.dae" then place the textures in "d:/test/model/tex/" it's where 3ds max will look when you load the model.
Some faces are flipped wrongly, correct them by hand using "flip normals mode" then apply a MeshSmooth modifier with 0 iterations, wether you put the modifier before or after the skin modifier just doesn't matter.
Skinning looks perfect and I think there aren't any missed objects.
Enjoy!

why is error?

look at:

chrrox

Post by chrrox »

don't use the autodesk dae importer use the one you download from the people who maintain collada.
pceengied
beginner

Post by pceengied »

chrrox wrote:don't use the autodesk dae importer use the one you download from the people who maintain collada.
THANK YOU!

Hello everybody,
To download and install COLLADA software,Installing the 3ds Max COLLADA-Plugin

look at:
http://update.multiverse.net/wiki/index ... _version_9

Please help 3ds max error "can't open file[*.dae]"

look at:

Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

pceengied wrote: Please help 3ds max error "can't open file[*.dae]"
use this collada
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
pceengied
beginner

Post by pceengied »

Tosyk wrote:
pceengied wrote: Please help 3ds max error "can't open file[*.dae]"
use this collada
thank you :D
pceengied
beginner

Post by pceengied »

anyone upto cracking the TGF format? I want to put models into (DREAM C CLUB).
FEATHER
advanced

Post by FEATHER »

I used the Onechancara tool in the TGF file of Dream C Club game but doesn't works :(
luciasil
n00b

Post by luciasil »

hi

my english is fool
i need help

how to extract "Onechanbara" "Can" contaner file 2 tgf ?

i'm use bms script extraction can file
but' only dds files how get model tgf files ?

i'm study Dx9 shader tech need some sample model
onechanbara model is very useful