Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

R2 Online models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Theran
beginner

Re: R2 Online models

Post by Theran »

OK! Made some progress with the model/texture provided by pixellegolas:

@Mr.Mouse: I'm allergic to lots of stuff: dust, pollens, food, etc... Weather seems to affect me the most so when it changes or is about to rain, I get all crappy.

Pic 2 in next post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Theran
beginner

Post by Theran »

Pic 2:

Also pixellegolas, since I'm still at work right now, can you package any more model/texture (the r3m is fine) files so that I could test? Something with a better texture since the one used by the file you gave me is kinda hard to tell if I'm using the right values.

Edit: This pictures are of the same layout I'm testing, pic 1 is from the "front", pic 2 is from the "back".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

Hi!

Really hard to find model + texture that have a match in name so i just grab something here that seems to belong :)

http://rapidshare.de/files/45127498/merman.rar.html

Good luck!
Theran
beginner

Post by Theran »

Thanks. Also can you post NSFW on those links to offsite file hosts, that link had some 'adult content' in them, good thing I'm in a cube :keke:
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

NSFW?

Of course i can post to another site with the next files :) Didn't know it had stuff like that. I sometimes turn off pictures in internet explorer when stuff like that pops up
Theran
beginner

Post by Theran »

NSFW = Not Safe For Work

Hehe, it's cool. They were just banners and such, but just caught me off guard a bit. But on a good note, I think I understand the layout now. I haven't tried yet with the .rmb files, but it should be similar to the .r3m files, at least for the vertex data.

They seem to follow this pattern:
position
normals
uv
unknown1 (3 floats/vertex)
unknown2 (3 floats/vertex)

The latest files provided by pixellegolas really helped as they had something that is more real looking. There's still tons of stuff that needs to be figured out but I've made some good progress.

The attached image is from the file 'R1_OB_mermanhome_T2.r3m'. It's a pillar type object with 1 texture.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Theran
beginner

Post by Theran »

Well still needs a bit of work, but it's coming along fine.
Theran
beginner

Post by Theran »

Made a minor change to the format. Looks like it's the texture count first, then the mesh count next. Rest seems the same for the rmb files. The r3m files don't contain some of the extra data though.

Also, can anyone confirm the above picture to the ingame model?
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

hm, sorry, can't confirm, is that a .rmb file? I can maybe get you a model later on that i have a ingame screenshot of
Theran
beginner

Post by Theran »

Yes, it's a rmb file. It's from the packages chrrox posted. I'll try to work on it a bit today as there's still more model information in the file from the image I posted. And ya, if you can get any ingame shots that'd be perfect.
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

ok, i can do it in 2 hours, but did he post normal and specular maps too? many objects seem to have those also
Theran
beginner

Post by Theran »

pixellegolas wrote:ok, i can do it in 2 hours, but did he post normal and specular maps too? many objects seem to have those also
Yep, but that's still a long way away for now. I just want to see how things match up.
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

http://rapidshare.com/files/196968941/r2_girl.rar.html

This is

Girl body

Girl Head

Girl Hair

Textures + model + image from ripped character in max showing all views :)
Theran
beginner

Post by Theran »

pixellegolas wrote:http://rapidshare.com/files/196968941/r2_girl.rar.html

This is

Girl body

Girl Head

Girl Hair

Textures + model + image from ripped character in max showing all views :)
The girl minus her head. There's still a few minor things that cause my loader to fail, but I now have files that have that so it'll be a bit easier to debug.