Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead Space Audio File.

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Ark5
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead Space Audio File.

Post by Ark5 »

bump, guys I need the sound effects really really bad. The link is down and I hope these are right ones too. Im looking for the sounds over the PA in the game. The computer AI lady that says stuff like "engines firing, please stand by"
Apollo
veteran

Post by Apollo »

Well, the snu tool link works aka towav, but it won't do snr which are basicly multiple sound files together with different header that would need splitting... not to mention no filenames seemingly anywhere of the contained numerious files, maybe elsewhere... pain in ass EA formats.
Predatory Lootboxes
advanced

Post by Predatory Lootboxes »

To give you the location of what to work on... Most of the ship's voice is inside the .snu's. All of the (assets) .str's are the foley's, weapons, necromorphs and ect, to which have not yet been researched or at least no real way to get to them.

Nova's extractor and towav are what you need.
http://www.volny.cz/nova-software

This forum might help the process of how to.
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/421/g ... ndex6.html
Ark5
ultra-n00b

Post by Ark5 »

No i dont even have the game for my PC nor is it powerful enough to play it. The closest ive gotten to any of the noises is at http://www.entertonement.com/collection ... Dead-Space but i need to find some way to download off of the website because its not letting me
DarkStar88
ultra-n00b

Post by DarkStar88 »

The extractor works perfectly. Problem is determining what sounds come from where - the folder names are either a half-decent hint (like the numbered ones which are by-chapter audio logs) or completely cryptic. I've played through the whole game twice and can at least place some of them now...like the voice of the guy just outside the door where you get your first weapon.

EDIT: So what would it take to at least crack the door on the .str files?

Are there any programs that take an unknown file and run through a long list of known filetypes? Or will it have to be the old-fashioned way: opening them up in a hexeditor and trying to puzzle things out from square 1?

BTW - I managed to find a .str extractor for another game's soundfiles, I'll come back after I've tried it on DS. (Thank you Wayback Machine for rescuing me from another 404 link.) If I'm insanely lucky...
Arakune
ultra-n00b

Post by Arakune »

I hope this thread hasn't completely died... I was hoping someone could, maybe, upload the sound files. I own the game, but not on PC. I really want all the sounds the necromorphs make, and it seems the only way to get them is to open the sound files. I downloaded the program you guys used to open them..... but I need the sound files and can't get them from the game disc. Would anyone be so kind as to upload them somewhere?
spy007
ultra-n00b

Post by spy007 »

Can somebody please extract ds or ds2 menu action sounds for me?
deathkitten
ultra-n00b

Post by deathkitten »

OrangeC wrote:Kataah has sent me a tool by russian coders that decoded the dead space files successfully.
This is actually a virus:
Trojan TR/Gendal.1216653.11
virustotal.com/file/5c3385c1ded87221478346bacd9536cd3ce0e42c3c40195b23392647ab75f70b/analysis

Does anyone else know how to play/extract the dead space/dead space 2 SNU files? :(

Or also interestingly the dead space 1/dead space 2 STR files? those seem to be like archives within the archives, the STR ones are extracted from the DAT files with the RickVisceral110423 extractor from the other thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5881 ( download link download/file.php?id=1749 ) but so far as I can find there is nothing to actually view the STR files so it's kind of useless? :(
kilik
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by kilik »

someone get way to convert snu files is very important for me please thank's
FinalBlast
advanced

Post by FinalBlast »

This is quite old, but I've been trying without a single bit of success on decoding that .sbk(sbnk?) file,
judging by the more experienced comments I ended up believing it's near impossible, but one can hope. :/

a chunk sample for those who might be able to figure it out:

http://filetrip.net/dl?nzcXLS5xIL

if it helps, some files I noticed such as .smb inside show the actual sfx extensions are .exa , a compression within a compressioneption...
Predatory Lootboxes
advanced

Post by Predatory Lootboxes »

Bumping to revive!

Sadly lost a lot of my collected audio due to a hard drive failure and no backups made. Curious if anyone out there had any progress or luck on this finally.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Yes, everything can be extracted from DS1/2/3 now. If you need any info about audio in these games, feel free to ask me.
Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy »

daemon1 wrote:Yes, everything can be extracted from DS1/2/3 now. If you need any info about audio in these games, feel free to ask me.
Then, feel free to share what you know about it with us. Any help is welcomed at this point.
Vosvoy
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I've already done it yesterday. Here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10054 is the updated list of files, so all DS3 big audios can be extracted. And here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12716 I posted a tool to extract all small audio samples. I think its all information needed to extract 99% of audio from DS1/2/3.

Right now I'm working on modified version of ealayer3 that will allow to convert the remaining 1%.

Also maybe we need to summarize all the info in one place, and describe the formats themselves, maybe wiki, or a separate thread. I'm not familiar with xentax, suggestions are welcome.
Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy »

daemon1 wrote:I've already done it yesterday. Here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10054 is the updated list of files, so all DS3 big audios can be extracted. And here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12716 I posted a tool to extract all small audio samples. I think its all information needed to extract 99% of audio from DS1/2/3.

Right now I'm working on modified version of ealayer3 that will allow to convert the remaining 1%.

Also maybe we need to summarize all the info in one place, and describe the formats themselves, maybe wiki, or a separate thread. I'm not familiar with xentax, suggestions are welcome.
I think your thread "Dead Space 2 .sbk file" is enough to regroup all those informations. But, silly me, I didn't ask you if your way to do that include all versions of this game or only the PC version. It's important to know because the Xbox360 version, for example, use .xma sounds and it's impossible to unpack .str Xbox360 files with Rick's tools. I created a thread about it but without success...
Vosvoy