Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Purge Forum Alert: Greet or die

Read rules and news about the XeNTaX Game Discussion Forum
madness
ultra-n00b

Post by madness »

Hello :)
I'm sure I should try something similar on my forums,
I have 400 users, 300 of them who I think are spambots :S
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

It is amazing to see how fast these spammers from Hell catch up.

So I introduced this custom field to be entered at the registration form, right. Like, a simple valid reason to want to join this board.
It didn't take long for the first spammers to come in.

First, I got empty fields (spaces, those fields that were not filled in, would not even register).
Then, I got fields with "Super" or "Cool" or "Excellent", which was so easy to spot as spam. ;) Because their emailaddresses and website fields would always be spam.
Finally, some fuck has implemented this particular type of custom field into some auto phpBB spam fucking program. Hits on forum.xentax.com shot up and I get notified of "people" applying for registration with reason fields that filled screens of spam urls. To those lamers I say: die a horrible death now please. You're still not registering at this site, so you're a clown.

:roll:
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

Let us pray they don't have future generations and their bloodlines end with them.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Darkfox wrote:Let us pray they don't have future generations and their bloodlines end with them.
Well said.